What's new

The Coffee House

Where we are. Base cabinets are dark blue. The light fixtures will get changed out.
6E981E37-F7BF-41A2-84F6-492DAB632A0F.webp
 
How are you and DW?
My sinusitis is mostly gone but it just won't quit totally. Still have a few more days of antibiotics so we'll see. Dw is still feeling some of the long lasting effects of COVID.....the fatigue, the brain fog. We're both tired of not feeling well. Just heard tonight that our DIL tested positive for COVID today. So far the rest of the family is still okay, but the last time it hit them in January, it went thru the whole house.
 
Where we are. Base cabinets are dark blue. The light fixtures will get changed out.View attachment 262614
Love that dark blue for the cabinets, and that farmhouse sink is the bomb! I inherited someone else's recent kitchen remodel when we bought this place, so I'll be living with other people's choices for quite some time. Much more fun to do it your way!
 
Ham and blackeyed peas have been in the slow cooker all morning. Collard greens and cornbread just about done. 😁
 
Ham and blackeyed peas have been in the slow cooker all morning. Collard greens and cornbread just about done. 😁
Happy New Year, Southerner! ;) How's your mama and them?
 
How's your mama and them?
Well bless your heart, I think you meant "em" instead of "them". We're all fair to middlin here. That meal left us fuller than a tick on a coon dog. Y'all have a good rest of your holiday....hear!
 
Happy New Year Hosers! Wishing you all good light and great skies in 2023!
 
My sinusitis is mostly gone but it just won't quit totally. Still have a few more days of antibiotics so we'll see. Dw is still feeling some of the long lasting effects of COVID.....the fatigue, the brain fog. We're both tired of not feeling well. Just heard tonight that our DIL tested positive for COVID today. So far the rest of the family is still okay, but the last time it hit them in January, it went thru the whole house.
Hope DW gets relief soon. Sorry about DIL testing positive. I hear you on the sinus stuff lingering. I finished my antibiotic yesterday and have 2 days left of steroids. The upside is that my knees feel better on the steroids. Feel like I'm functioning at 70%.

Hope you all get better soon!
 
@snowbear still to early to visualize how the dark blue will work for me. Always nice to see someone's vision complete.

Feel like I'm functioning at 70%.

I might be 80% today. This Sinusitis going around here is bad this year. I don't think it helped matters that I had the Flu, then Strep, then Sinusitis one after the other, with no recovery in between. I ran out of Meloxicam for the knees before Christmas, haven't had a chance to get back to Dr. Been trying to grin bear it, because he's probably going to start talking replacement.

DW has started improving, the brain fog and fatigue getting better. Son called us yesterday more cases of COVID in the house. 😞 so far symptoms all mild.
 
@snowbear still to early to visualize how the dark blue will work for me. Always nice to see someone's vision complete.
What we didn't want was all white, nor all navy. Navy over white looked top-heavy so we went with white over navy. Hardware is "brushed nickel" and we'll have two types of curtains - white sheers on the sides and an accent curtain made of burlap. MLW's vision is "French Country." I'll build a small table to go against the picture window and put a marble top on it so she can roll out her dough.

These guys are really rolling today. They just put the stove in place and ran the water line to the basement for the fridge's ice-maker/water fountain. Now we just need the plumber and electrician.
 
In other stuff, MLW got me a couple light bracket sets for the Jeep. One mounts on the bumper, and the other goes on the cowl, in front of the "A Pillar" or windshield. The bumper get the Moose Lights (auxiliary high beams) while the A Pillar gets "ditch" lights. These are flood lights that are aimed to the side and slightly forward, and are used off road to light up the ditches, so you can see what's to the side. I'll wire each ditch light separately so I can choose left, right or both, and the moose lights will take the third switch. That will leave me one switch in reserve. I'll use the last one for a winch, if I decide to put one on.

We had the dealer install the factory auxiliary switch bank for these, as well as installing the proximity locks - they unlock when you touch them. We've gotten spoiled with the Honda having the proximities.
 
Last edited:
The grands gave me an Amazon gift card for xmas. I ordered a light wand and it was delivered with the product box inside open and taped. Not a good sign. It turned on, but could not cycle the lights. The remote worked for a nano second and the USB charger was missing.

Sent it back and ordered a different model from a different company.
 
@CherylL sounds like you got a return instead of new. The only issue we had with shipments through the holiday was with a live plant delayed in transit during the artic cold snap. It didn't survive the experience. The seller was very prompt on getting a replacement out.
 
Hi katomi! Happy weekend!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom