The Coffee House

Thanks for clearing up "Hosers". All this time I thought it was a different spelling of Hoosiers.

Fortunately the Tornadoes went North and South of us yesterday. The destruction across our state and parts of GA was pretty severe. The current death toll stands at 9 but is expected to rise as they continue to dig out. It was a very narrow fast moving band, I lost count of the number of tornadoes that spun up as it roared through. It was in and out of the state from one side to the other in just over 4 hrs. We didn't have any damage, just heavy rain, thunder and lightning. One strike hit close enough that it triggered the heat/fire sensor in the attic. No fire, but the alarm was enough to almost cause a heart attack. LOL
Glad you all are okay! I know how wild these kinds of storms can be. I don't miss the South!

I won't expect anyone has a solution of this: I am using a somewhat old HP mouse 505062-001. It is a LED mouse (no ball). I know that it has 2 "resolutions". The high resolution overwhelms my system causes lock-ups. The low-resolution works ok. Unfortunately I dropped the mouse a while back and when I picked it up, it was in "high-res" mode. I cannot find my instructions for it, so it has been very hard to get work done. I need to unplug the mouse constantly to keep it working. Anyone know how I can re-set it to "low-res" mode?

I won't expect anyone has a solution of this: I am using a somewhat old HP mouse 505062-001. It is a LED mouse (no ball). I know that it has 2 "resolutions". The high resolution overwhelms my system causes lock-ups. The low-resolution works ok. Unfortunately I dropped the mouse a while back and when I picked it up, it was in "high-res" mode. I cannot find my instructions for it, so it has been very hard to get work done. I need to unplug the mouse constantly to keep it working. Anyone know how I can re-set it to "low-res" mode?
Offhand, I'd guess a setting in either Windows / OSX, or the HP app that was installed with the mouse. A quick search shows these are still available (though not for HP) so the app may still be available.

Good morning, hosers.

Yesterday was fun. We picked up Ada about noon, and drove to the Assateague Island beach so I could pick up and use my new OSV (Over Sand Vehicle) permit. We drove down the beach a until it started to get dark, the headed back. Ada wanted to get some snaps of the wild horses, and we were able to find a few near the park entrance. Since the permit is good through January 2024, we will be going back several times.

Hoping to have some time and OK weather for a short trip to Cambridge, Ontario to shoot some of the town used in "The Handmaid's Tale." "The Wall" is part of the flood control system on the Grand River. Hopefully no dangling bodies of Gilead sinners there!

Last edited:
Hoping to have some time and OK weather for a short trip to Cambridge, Ontario to shoot some of town used in "The Handmaid's Tale." "The Wall" is part of the flood control system on the Grand River. Hopefully no dangling bodies of Gilead sinners there!
One of these days I need to go to Georgetown and shoot the steps used in "The Exorcist."

I don't remember any steps in that movie... Guess there were too many other things going on to notice the architecture! Isn't that the one where what's her name spits out green pea soup or am I thinking of another '70's horror flick? Haven't seen it in ages so my memory is a little vague.

Did a quick search and I think I only ever saw an edited for TV version! I don't remember a lot of the stuff, just the green pea soup, and something about a priest, and her talking in that deep growly voice.

The movie did have quite a cast. Most of whom I didn't realize were in it. Guess I'll have to go google steps in The Exorcist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back