What's new

The Coffee House

A rebuilt tranny is still cheaper than another car. If that is all that’s gone wrong since you’ve had it I’d fix it.

I have an 06 Pathfinder that was given to me that needed a new transmission it’s got another 20k now for 270k. Still going strong.
 
My first car was a 1974 Plymouth Fury that had black doors on a tan car 😂. Sketchy transmission -the last few months that I had it it had no Reverse. Had to park on corners. One night we Fred Flinstoned the car backwards after someone boxed us in.
 
My first was a 1962 Ford four door, 170 cubic inches (2.78 liters), 2-speed automatic. Handed down from my grandfather to mom, then to me.

15280555241_58488b86f4_o.webp
 
My first was a 1962 Ford four door, 170 cubic inches (2.78 liters), 2-speed automatic. Handed down from my grandfather to mom, then to me.

View attachment 264129
What a beauty.

Growing up in the UK many of our cars were influenced by these American designs but rarely matched up to them and certainly not in the cubic capacity!
 
Thanks. She lasted a few years.
 
Here is my first car, 1978 Ford Escort 1.3 GL with a red interior.

Didn't last long as you can see - apparently read diff was cracked and was slowly leaking oil, I did notice drips on the driveway, you may see from the picture the drive is on a slope so the oil ran down the underside of the car and dripped at the front, making me think it was a very slow engine oil leak.

Not long and one day the rear wheels locked up and threw me off the road at speed, hit a tree stump side on and did a complete somersault landing on the side that hit the tree!, post accident insurance inspection revealed the fault - I was probably lucky to get out with nothing more than seatbelt bruises. I still remmeber the panic when I came to seeing flames licking out of the bonnet as I was sat in the car sideways and had to push open the drivers door which was above me (was the drum airfilter burning).
Had a couple of Volvo's after that!

escort1 (1 of 1).webp


escort2 (1 of 1).webp
 
Here is my first car, 1978 Ford Escort 1.3 GL with a red interior.

Didn't last long as you can see - apparently read diff was cracked and was slowly leaking oil, I did notice drips on the driveway, you may see from the picture the drive is on a slope so the oil ran down the underside of the car and dripped at the front, making me think it was a very slow engine oil leak.

Not long and one day the rear wheels locked up and threw me off the road at speed, hit a tree stump side on and did a complete somersault landing on the side that hit the tree!, post accident insurance inspection revealed the fault - I was probably lucky to get out with nothing more than seatbelt bruises. I still remmeber the panic when I came to seeing flames licking out of the bonnet as I was sat in the car sideways and had to push open the drivers door which was above me (was the drum airfilter burning).
Had a couple of Volvo's after that!

View attachment 264133

View attachment 264134

I had to climb out of my car the same way once. Nothing nearly as dramatic or scary as yours (glad you got through unharmed!) but still very unsettling. Wintertime, hit a patch of black ice just as I was using the brakes to go onto a curve. Started to fishtail, heading straight for a rocky wall so I yanked the wheel and spun the other way but overcompensated so I ended up doing a 180 and sliding backwards off the road. I probably would have been fine, but there was a mailbox post (no mailbox on it, thankfully) and I hit it just behind the driver's side door. That stopped the car so abruptly that I tipped over. All I could think of was my coffee spilling all over the dash. The car stopped and I immediately climbed out of the passenger side door and jumped to the ground. I hadn't even broken a nail. Amazingly, the post left a big dent but nothing else broke, not even the windows (again, lucky there was no mailbox on the post.)
 
Hi re your car
Here I would go to the scrap yard/car breakers and look at a old gear box. I used to keep my old car on the road by using scrap / used parts. What beat me in the end was the rust, it eat away at the important parts underneath as well as the side panels
Nothing I could do about that…
 
Hi all just a quick pop in, that or pull my hair out lol printer probs again
trying to print images for club computer. Up dated printer drivers, changed ink set again.
many test prints later decide to change the print head (80.00 GBP)..... Ah wonder of wonders it works.
5 hours to get one print.......
As for the GAS attack, my local camera shop does not stock the peak design items I want, has to order them...
oh well. Maybe I am not meant to have them.
 
Update on GAS attack.. decided to empty the coin jar. Mrs bought the jar because she was fed up with coins in the washing machine.... anyway contents of coin jar paid for peak design items and camera shop was able to order in and get at discount.... win win.......
 
My first car was a red Ford Torino with 3 on the column. Had pick up and go!

And thinking about the teen years, anyone on TikTok? There is a teenage look filter. I tried it today pretty impressive. Only it made me look 13 ish and not 18. My husband asked what I was doing and rolled his eyes. 10 minutes later he is asking me to help him try it out :)
 
My only TikTok is a mantle clock with chimes.
 
My first car was great, it had 4 wheels and an engine.
 
My first car was a red Ford Torino with 3 on the column. Had pick up and go!

And thinking about the teen years, anyone on TikTok? There is a teenage look filter. I tried it today pretty impressive. Only it made me look 13 ish and not 18. My husband asked what I was doing and rolled his eyes. 10 minutes later he is asking me to help him try it out :)
I’ve been avoiding TikTok so far. My daughter and sister-in-law love it.
 
I’ve been avoiding TikTok so far. My daughter and sister-in-law love it.
I follow several photographers. I've gotten a few ideas for little videos with the grands. The recipes are good too. One man I follow does back stories on the old bands. My husband follows a master griller.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom