What's new

The Coffee House

Yes Sharon, I did enjoy The Beanpot! even being under the weather. Interesting it was Northeastern v. Harvard for the championship. (NU played here once in a college tourney, a 'travel'? version of the Doghouse came along; they were small in numbers but made themselves known!) They tweeted about they won the beans...

Thanks all, I'm just glad to be feeling better finally! Watched a cooking show on the multitude of PBS stations I get and they were making chicken soup. I can make a pot of chicken but ordered soup instead, haven't felt like cooking or doing more than opening a can.
 
Crazy busy week for us with tests and Dr appointments for DW. No indication of any tumours in the brain, but appears she has some abnormal activity in the left temporal region of the brain. Neurologist confirmed she likely had a seizure, and because it happened at night its likely shes had more, less intense ones, but didn't realize it. Dr also felt like it was not something caused by her cancer treatments, but probably something that had been there a long time. So she'll be going on anti seizure meds for a minimum of two years, and no driving for 6 months (she's not happy about that).

We did slip off to the lake Friday afternoon. My intent was to unwind with a little fishing, but they dropped the water levels dramatically in anticipation of heavy rain that didn't materialize, so we ended up spending the night and coming home early the next morning.
 
The bigger remodling stuff is being farmed out to those who know what they are doing. I'm handling the easier stuff - curtain rods, stair handrails, ceiling light replacement. The other thing I'm re-aquainting myself with is woodworking,
 
Hey hosers.

We finally got a proper snow!
jXErzmbDWXHAxjiZjcavTpjkahZuSr-X5dRG-6O8W6j7bMniWqikXvgdQ23ceJR4XuoNmA58wZANze0S4Elgt7wK_tm-1KrmZKB863Mke6zmxFJ-mkcddFa8vcPY0gZ_8sdApwuPX5v78qM5uaXEJpH8JPr7UJlg7q2nvl5GOObzF-ICy4SdvPtBrl6j00MMWqCnlVl-E1KXgQyWFZB2ofSElMI0qP3AQLj4ZZ3-EQI5zXwbg3QQp5m_l0MEqTQKRHMwjOeYolKNV8WMRjIRASw_YdaMIw77M0f6r-RP5Mm4Djn4i1EYCFz74W5FrFdd2BXbCH2gT4vc9hKUgm7OWaSALUr09-kUt4iUxn0YZyrJUhrLUju8Xaci8nnKstJuh50oOp2-A0h-oPvgFcKjvWXjsDK6-OMewXFG-QFn7B1DEYbjT2W-ll3CIUyo9gazX-7YdVfk0vXyoj8awlyj-9QYcePuNIFWxwOi1X-bJ410464GT07jcSB-5Ee8h0XGMtEcv9ApXV63nhCFtXARUXtORcz-qUzFofrQXUsd0nfL-FpHTJsSqu21kn0BCk8rgYgvoDNFlnuWvi4GQxssS5Li2HYJa5V4BfoeMAUgxWcOxyBVEkQ7O6lz79tCpxjEgq1T5dfAKiB3h9cLZ-vLPJ0K-jL5AeIqWtOGW1LBfXXJ1dU-J910D048Xhbk3Qvh7pEZqvywn3fxC-WH1rlMP4jclCJlFA2ULz5x3NHj2B2YLA4ingqG2Rw_wxkKazve6g3_-G4RRTIar4Zz8aTgIpRzENDJsVheli-98G-CaTnqIvH1D1i6Xc2iDaq0kBb-FBwHjNSskSeaQKxIxuVkcGkmuwg4p3ovb7X3crL3AbHQIWvXqyNjLSYqMTkyB2Hm2ZD-SAejTuZZ6dqOsQ57nPKkGVbS7WVw9aJY3E55goN53bbcuA=w1212-h1616-no


College closed until noon but I already got permission to work from home so I have the morning to clear my driveway and then hang out in my day pyjamas and work in the afternoon.

Of course, the New York Post couldn't help but try to sensationalize. FYI, New Yorkers never "brace" themselves for a measly 3 inches 🤣 (There's obviously more where I am. Not sure what they're getting down in the city.)

Screenshot_20230228-085257.webp
 
That looks beautiful to me! Congrats on the unexpected snow day! :icon_cheers: Love the shot of the bird by the feeder.

We've had snow, ice, rain - almost without more than 48-hour breaks for the last 10 days. My tiny back yard can't take it anymore, and we now have a pond out by the fence. And about 5 more inches of snow expected later in the week.
 
We had a few flurries but mostly rain. Still, I have a fire in the office fireplace.
 
72 degrees, the sun is shining.......life is good.
 
We had a wonderful 78F and clear skies. I took the day off to clean the back patio, which took the entire day. No walk with the camera. Today it is supposed to get to 80F, with clear skies, but gotta work today.
 
We had a few flurries but mostly rain. Still, I have a fire in the office fireplace.
I never had a fireplace in MY office. :grumpy-36:
 
Y'all enjoy your warmer weather. I'm happy as a clam with my snow.
 
Hey hosers.

We finally got a proper snow!
jXErzmbDWXHAxjiZjcavTpjkahZuSr-X5dRG-6O8W6j7bMniWqikXvgdQ23ceJR4XuoNmA58wZANze0S4Elgt7wK_tm-1KrmZKB863Mke6zmxFJ-mkcddFa8vcPY0gZ_8sdApwuPX5v78qM5uaXEJpH8JPr7UJlg7q2nvl5GOObzF-ICy4SdvPtBrl6j00MMWqCnlVl-E1KXgQyWFZB2ofSElMI0qP3AQLj4ZZ3-EQI5zXwbg3QQp5m_l0MEqTQKRHMwjOeYolKNV8WMRjIRASw_YdaMIw77M0f6r-RP5Mm4Djn4i1EYCFz74W5FrFdd2BXbCH2gT4vc9hKUgm7OWaSALUr09-kUt4iUxn0YZyrJUhrLUju8Xaci8nnKstJuh50oOp2-A0h-oPvgFcKjvWXjsDK6-OMewXFG-QFn7B1DEYbjT2W-ll3CIUyo9gazX-7YdVfk0vXyoj8awlyj-9QYcePuNIFWxwOi1X-bJ410464GT07jcSB-5Ee8h0XGMtEcv9ApXV63nhCFtXARUXtORcz-qUzFofrQXUsd0nfL-FpHTJsSqu21kn0BCk8rgYgvoDNFlnuWvi4GQxssS5Li2HYJa5V4BfoeMAUgxWcOxyBVEkQ7O6lz79tCpxjEgq1T5dfAKiB3h9cLZ-vLPJ0K-jL5AeIqWtOGW1LBfXXJ1dU-J910D048Xhbk3Qvh7pEZqvywn3fxC-WH1rlMP4jclCJlFA2ULz5x3NHj2B2YLA4ingqG2Rw_wxkKazve6g3_-G4RRTIar4Zz8aTgIpRzENDJsVheli-98G-CaTnqIvH1D1i6Xc2iDaq0kBb-FBwHjNSskSeaQKxIxuVkcGkmuwg4p3ovb7X3crL3AbHQIWvXqyNjLSYqMTkyB2Hm2ZD-SAejTuZZ6dqOsQ57nPKkGVbS7WVw9aJY3E55goN53bbcuA=w1212-h1616-no


College closed until noon but I already got permission to work from home so I have the morning to clear my driveway and then hang out in my day pyjamas and work in the afternoon.

Of course, the New York Post couldn't help but try to sensationalize. FYI, New Yorkers never "brace" themselves for a measly 3 inches 🤣 (There's obviously more where I am. Not sure what they're getting down in the city.)

View attachment 264276
A mere 3 inches is just too tough on the dog teams up here!
 
Y'all enjoy your warmer weather. I'm happy as a clam with my snow.
I like the snow as well but the many many warm days we had got my spring fever up and now I’m counting the days!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom