What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny:

I'm thinking of going to an artist's talk at a gallery this weekend. Still too cold around here to think about spring plantings.

Anyone else have special plans?
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny:

I'm thinking of going to an artist's talk at a gallery this weekend. Still too cold around here to think about spring plantings.

Anyone else have special plans?
Possibility of sea smoke on Saturday in NH and Maine. I may venture out this time as it will be 3° instead of -43 like last time! The inner debate rages between comfort and getting some things done around the house vs meeting some crazy photographers at sunrise on one of the coldest days of the year for some group teeth chattering.
 
Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny:

I'm thinking of going to an artist's talk at a gallery this weekend. Still too cold around here to think about spring plantings.

Anyone else have special plans?

Possibility of sea smoke on Saturday in NH and Maine. I may venture out this time as it will be 3° instead of -43 like last time! The inner debate rages between comfort and getting some things done around the house vs meeting some crazy photographers at sunrise on one of the coldest days of the year for some group teeth chattering.

Sounds like fun, ladies. @terri: Inspiration for some new work, I hope. I need to get my area set back up so we can get the Creative Corner forum going agaion.

@SquarePeg: I don't recall hearing the term Sea Smoke but I'm guessing it's off-shore fog. I saw it roll in between Campabello Island (NB) and Maine.

Last night we got a heavy-@$$ dresser from Ada's and brought it home. It's supposed to be for a friend but if she doesn't want it, I think we'll take it for now. Tonight we'll take it out of the truck tonight, then tomorrow I get to go backk to Ada's and put together all of the goodies she got on her guest bedroom shopping spree! She's going to come down, afterwards, and stay. She really just wants to visit Zoe, but that's fine.
 
Sounds like fun, ladies. @terri: Inspiration for some new work, I hope. I need to get my area set back up so we can get the Creative Corner forum going agaion.

@SquarePeg: I don't recall hearing the term Sea Smoke but I'm guessing it's off-shore fog. I saw it roll in between Campabello Island (NB) and Maine.

Last night we got a heavy-@$$ dresser from Ada's and brought it home. It's supposed to be for a friend but if she doesn't want it, I think we'll take it for now. Tonight we'll take it out of the truck tonight, then tomorrow I get to go backk to Ada's and put together all of the goodies she got on her guest bedroom shopping spree! She's going to come down, afterwards, and stay. She really just wants to visit Zoe, but that's fine.
Yes to the Creative Corner! I need some inspiration to start painting again! I was enjoying that and then suddenly hit a wall.

Not my photo but this is a fellow photographer who was out there last time we had crazy sea smoke when it was -12° with feels like -42°

Your favorite lighthouse bear


9CE599A3-E782-4485-B2E1-1D928AB33656.webp
 
@SquarePeg : that's some terrific work! He's very good! You know you want to go run with the crazies. 🤪 Do iiiittttt.....!

@snowbear : the dresser sounds interesting! I love heavy old furniture (especially when someone else lugs it in for me!). And I am basically set up now, just need to get my papers out and get inspired. Creative Corner rocks! :)
 
No big plans, just some housework and reading and recovery from the week. It's a little better now that I can work from home on Fridays (with any luck, I can increase that to Thursdays and Fridays in a couple of months), but I'm still totally exhausted by the time Saturday rolls around. It's not that I'm so busy at work all week long, but rather a combination of 9-hour days, commuting an hour each way four days a week, plus an autoimmune disorder that can often leave me feeling bone tired even after 10 hours of sleep. My Saturday mornings are usually very very slow and unproductive because it's literally all I can do to just get myself out of bed and make some coffee.

March is going to be busy for me. Next weekend, my sisters and I will drive to NC to visit my mother, who has been living with my brother since she sold the house in late 2021. Then I have to give presentations at conferences in Arizona mid-month and in Colorado at the end of the month. At least that one coincides with Buzz's spring break, so I we have a week's vacation to tool around and then he'll fly home because he has to teach and I will fly back 2 or 3 days later after my conference is over.

I haven't been on an airplane in several years. I'm not looking forward to it.
 
Morning all on this overcast grey day here, some time today I will practice with using one of my Godox flashes as getting back into using flash again and really enjoying it.
 
No plans this weekend. It's wet and dreary outside, and on the chilly side. Monday will be sunny and warm, so I'm taking a day off from work to do some outside work, and maybe take my camera for a walk in the afternoon. :)
 
Took a drive up the Great River Road. Since it is still winter/cold not many people out. We go up to Grafton, a river town, which is usually busy with tourists and bikers on a weekend. The fish stand was open.

I am resealing the shower again. Did it 2 weeks ago and I thought the tube seemed too thick. It all cracked and have to replace. I sent my husband to the hardware store to get the tube and it is the wrong stuff. Live and learn.
 
Oh Cheryl that stinks.
 
My 'plan' was to sleep in and try to keep feeling better with the bronchitis. And not take a nap that lasts 3 hours. Don't know when I've been this sick.

And to doordash food. And coffee.

And watch 'Slapshot' on its anniversary date. Which I wouldn't know except for following the Hanson Brothers, who shared the trailer and now I have the song stuck in my head.
 
My 'plan' was to sleep in and try to keep feeling better with the bronchitis. And not take a nap that lasts 3 hours. Don't know when I've been this sick.

And to doordash food. And coffee.

And watch 'Slapshot' on its anniversary date. Which I wouldn't know except for following the Hanson Brothers, who shared the trailer and now I have the song stuck in my head.

Did you enjoy the Beanpot?
 
My 'plan' was to sleep in and try to keep feeling better with the bronchitis. And not take a nap that lasts 3 hours. Don't know when I've been this sick.

And to doordash food. And coffee.

And watch 'Slapshot' on its anniversary date. Which I wouldn't know except for following the Hanson Brothers, who shared the trailer and now I have the song stuck in my head.
Hope the bronchitis clears up soon, Sharon. That's a crappy thing to have any time of year, but extra bad in dry winter days. :(
 
Sorry tI hear about the bronchitis @vintagesnaps; get better.
@CherylL: after so many years in an apartment, I’m re-learning how to do house things.

I got Ada’s carpet down, headboard attached to the bed frame, and one nightstand put together. The other one has a broken piece so I brought it home to drill out and dowel together. It shouldn’t take too long to assemble once that’s done.

A few flurries through the day but no accumulation.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom