The Coffee House

@terri and @SquarePeg I had the Tdap booster 5 years ago and my arm was very sore for days. With all the Covid shots & boosters I only had a day of some flu like aches. The first shingle shot was the same. But the 2nd was terrible. Would I have gotten it if I had known? Yes, I don't want the shingles. I don't know if you need more shots as time goes on. I would be very hesitant.

, shingles are hell! My Uncle suffered many fla
It's been several years ago and my skin still crawls just talking about it. LOL

Not sure if this is a nation wide trend but I know of three in our little community that have encountered weird auto immune side effects from the COVID Vax

I don't remember. . . . Is Shingles part of "chicken pox"? Something like that. I'm not sure if I ever got "chicken pox". I know I had childhood vaccinations. I think I'm safe from shingles. My uncle had shingles, so I am very aware of how bad it can be. I remember I had "german measles". I think that that disease is completely different.

I have had other skin issues lately (seems to be a fungus infection). It's annoying.

I peretty sure they come from the same virus, so if you have had Chicken Pox you are susceptible. I understand you already have the virus but stays dormant for a while. I've had CP so I got the vax, but I didn't have any side affects other than local soreness. MLW did not have CP so she has declined the vax.

It's hazy, here, today. I didn't smell smoke, but I can see it in the distance.

I'm hoping for a dry Fourth of July: the Jeep club has been invited to be in one of the many parades. MLSIL will enjoy throwing cany to the little kidlets.

I don't remember. . . . Is Shingles part of "chicken pox"
Shingles is caused by varicella-zoster virus (VZV), the same virus that causes chickenpox. Once a person has chickenpox, the virus stays in their body. The virus can reactivate later in life and cause shingles.

@snowbear I can't bevieve MLW didn't have Chicken Pox as a kid. When I was a kid parents used to take their kids around to Pox and Measles parties, so you'd get it and be done with it. Despite it we survived. LOL

We took off today and Monday so we have a five-day weekend with the holiday. No big plans but I am going to DTRU (Daddy's Toys R Us) as the kids used to call the semi-local woodworking store. I need a bushing for turning a seam ripper I want to make for a designer friend, and I want to pick up some wood for making a couple paper towel holders. I have a couple pieces of ebony sitting around for the seam ripper.

I'm also want to swing by a flag store near MLSIL's and pick up a POW/MIA flag for the Jeep events.

@snowbear I can't bevieve MLW didn't have Chicken Pox as a kid. When I was a kid parents used to take their kids around to Pox and Measles parties, so you'd get it and be done with it. Despite it we survived. LOL
She must have some kind of natural immunity; she's the youngest of seven and the rest had it, so she was definitely exposed.

We took off today and Monday so we have a five-day weekend with the holiday. No big plans but I am going to DTRU (Daddy's Toys R Us) as the kids used to call the semi-local woodworking store. I need a bushing for turning a seam ripper I want to make for a designer friend, and I want to pick up some wood for making a couple paper towel holders. I have a couple pieces of ebony sitting around for the seam ripper.
I'm also want to swing by a flag store near MLSIL's and pick up a POW/MIA flag for the Jeep events.

She must have some kind of natural immunity; she's the youngest of seven and the rest had it, so she was definitely exposed.
Got you beat. I took of yesterday, today and Monday so a 6 day weekend!

I remember having chicken pox in 3rd grade. My mom basically locked us in a room together so we would all have it at once. I still remember the name of the poor girl who got the blame for starting the epidemic at our school. Unusual for anyone over 55 in our part of the country not to have had it as a child.

Whew! We did a lot of running around today - and now we don't have to leave the house for days. :icon_cheers:

Bank, dry cleaners, and (sniffle) I had to return a diseased Clematis vine to the nursery before my 30-day return window closed. I got my store credit and went elsewhere for a replacement plant. This is the third failure this summer from this local nursery, and they charge a LOT. I think I'll use the store credit for potting soil only!

Our house is a couple streets up from a golf course where the city has its fireworks show every year. I'm pretty sure the neighborhood streets will be lined with cars on the 4th!

Happy holiday weekend, US hosers. 🎆

My my, look at the time - gonna go have a glass of wine on the deck. 🍷 Happy Friday!

Whew! We did a lot of running around today - and now we don't have to leave the house for days. :icon_cheers:

Bank, dry cleaners, and (sniffle) I had to return a diseased Clematis vine to the nursery before my 30-day return window closed. I got my store credit and went elsewhere for a replacement plant. This is the third failure this summer from this local nursery, and they charge a LOT. I think I'll use the store credit for potting soil only!

Our house is a couple streets up from a golf course where the city has its fireworks show every year. I'm pretty sure the neighborhood streets will be lined with cars on the 4th!

Happy holiday weekend, US hosers. 🎆

My my, look at the time - gonna go have a glass of wine on the deck. 🍷 Happy Friday!
Sitting on my deck sipping a cosmo. It’s a gorgeous night here. Toasted you as I read this! Happy 4th!!

Whew, I'm glad the week is over, I'm worn out. We've had pretty much 5 whole days of Lil'Bit plus all the daily routines. Keeping up with a 7 year old is a whole lot more difficult than I remember. LOL

Sitting hear reading through the threads and sipping on Yellowtail Cab (aged in bourbon barrels). I took no days off, so normal weekend, then work Monday, then Tuesday off, unless something stupid happens (work for an airline). I can walk out my front door and watch the fireworks from the Five Star Complex here in the Colony, so I'll probably set up a tripod and see if I can catch some decent shots. Happy 4th to one and all! I'm sure our friends in the UK are thankful we went our separate ways... 😁

I went to check on my fat little friend, and it's apparently had enough of the Butterfly Plant and made it's way to one corner of the planter. Wondering if that is where is will metamorphize and turn into a Hawk Moth.

Well, I never made it to DTRU (Woodcraft). I had to replace the hasp on MLSIL's garage door - some low-life filed the other on off and broke into the garage. Luckily they looked around and decided nothing was worth taking. I did get to the flag store and spent more than I had inteded: 2'x3' POW-MIA Double printed (the design is printed on both sides of the flag so you dont one side backwards); a desk-top Greenland flag (one of the five countries where polar bears are indigenous) and a 24"x18" blue flag with a polar bear. I couldn't resist the last one.

I also installed some ploar bear drawer pulls on one of the bear cabinets. Pics tomorrow - I'm relaxing with a Downeast strawberry cider.

Most reactions

Back