What's new

The Coffee House

Typical post on our community Facebook page.

IMG_4119.webp
 
Typical post on our community Facebook page.

View attachment 268184
Around here, if small dogs, or cats, or chickens get out, they will most likely not make it through the night. There are hungry bobcats and coyotes constantly prowling the neighborhood after dark. We did have an opossum trigger the security cam on the back patio last night, and I saw that it climbed into a trash bag that I was filling. I went out this morning to make sure it hadn't stayed there overnight before letting the pups out, because the cam didn't show it leaving. Daisy would have worried it, and those things have very sharp teeth, not to be messed with. Fortunately, we don't seem to get trash pandas or pole cats in the neighborhood. The former will kill a dog, and the latter will make one consider giving the dog up for adoption...
 
Around here, if small dogs, or cats, or chickens get out, they will most likely not make it through the night. There are hungry bobcats and coyotes constantly prowling the neighborhood after dark. We did have an opossum trigger the security cam on the back patio last night, and I saw that it climbed into a trash bag that I was filling. I went out this morning to make sure it hadn't stayed there overnight before letting the pups out, because the cam didn't show it leaving. Daisy would have worried it, and those things have very sharp teeth, not to be messed with. Fortunately, we don't seem to get trash pandas or pole cats in the neighborhood. The former will kill a dog, and the latter will make one consider giving the dog up for adoption...
We have a lot of coyotes here as well. But there are plenty of bunnies for them to eat - they don’t need to go after a scrawny rooster. 😂
 
Around here, if small dogs, or cats, or chickens get out, they will most likely not make it through the night. There are hungry bobcats and coyotes constantly prowling the neighborhood after dark. We did have an opossum trigger the security cam on the back patio last night, and I saw that it climbed into a trash bag that I was filling. I went out this morning to make sure it hadn't stayed there overnight before letting the pups out, because the cam didn't show it leaving. Daisy would have worried it, and those things have very sharp teeth, not to be messed with. Fortunately, we don't seem to get trash pandas or pole cats in the neighborhood. The former will kill a dog, and the latter will make one consider giving the dog up for adoption...
Nasty! My former Georgia town was rural, and we could often hear the yips and howls from the packs of coyotes nearby. Made my blood run cold!

Turns out I'm a city girl at heart. :)
 
I had a rooster trot thru my side yard one summer... it went out front, started up the street then turned and trotted right down the middle of the street going the other way.

It was the week of the county fair and I wondered if some kid's 4H project got loose!
 
Coming up the road to our street, I see a bunch of water flowing out of a manhole. "That's odd; it hasn't rained for a couple days." We get home and find out there's another water main break in the area. We have water, but the pressure is low, so who knows for how long.

We sit down to eat (Yo quiro that place) so I figure I'll go on the laptop and take care of the July POTM Winner thread. Nope, no screen, even though the power is on. I know the battery needs replacing and I've noticed, if I move it while running, the screen can have a convulsion and it locks up. I guess the video is shot. Of course, since it's a laptop, the video is on the jammin' mother board, so fixing would probably be as much as replacing the machine.

I guess I'll have to use the work place's laptop until I can swing a replacement. Maybe I can latch onto another $200 Win laptop to hold me over for a while.
 
I had a rooster trot thru my side yard one summer... it went out front, started up the street then turned and trotted right down the middle of the street going the other way.

It was the week of the county fair and I wondered if some kid's 4H project got loose!
Or a local culinary student's homework.
 
Charlie, low water pressure, computer fritzing out, sounds like a heckuva Monday. Hope it all gets worked out for you.
 
Charlie, low water pressure, computer fritzing out, sounds like a heckuva Monday. Hope it all gets worked out for you.
Me, too. At least I don't have to leave the house for the next three days, unless the water thing gets worse.
 
We live in the woods with coyotes, bobcats, cougars, bears, deer, snakes and assorted other wildlife. I don't infringe on them and they leave me alone.

Couldn't resist I had to crack a bottle of the July 23 Fig Wine. Not to brag but this has to be the best ever. Our little Fig tree is merrily cranking out figs every day now, so won't be long till I'm ready to start another batch. 2023 is a great year!
 
I'm having a very bad day today. My KVM died, so I have to hard-wire my keyboard, mouse and monitor to one computer at a time (to my "video edit" computer or my "general" computer) and basically leave it that way for the day. That means deciding what I want to get done and limiting myself. I do not work well that way.
 
I'm having a very bad day today. My KVM died, so I have to hard-wire my keyboard, mouse and monitor to one computer at a time (to my "video edit" computer or my "general" computer) and basically leave it that way for the day. That means deciding what I want to get done and limiting myself. I do not work well that way.
With challenges comes growth
 
The water pressure was back within a couple hours so they fixed the break pretty quickly.

I unplugged the personal laptop and let it sit for a few hours and it came back. It may have gone into hibernation or something. There are still some major issues with it, so I’m casually window (and non-Windows) shopping. No idea when I’ll actually replace it. I’ll try to get a repair estimate first.

We dot a “Customer Satisfaction Notice” for the Jeep (“Shorty”) for a potential leaking rear axle. Since it’s not a safety issue, they don’t call it a recall. We drop it off tomorrow evening and get it Thursday.

I'm having a very bad day today. My KVM died, so I have to hard-wire my keyboard, mouse and monitor to one computer at a time (to my "video edit" computer or my "general" computer) and basically leave it that way for the day. That means deciding what I want to get done and limiting myself. I do not work well that way.
Ouch. I only have the two laptops: mine and the County’s. Both have a USB-C and will work with the dock so it’s simple to swap them out. The mouse (or trackball when the wrist hurts) dongle is plugged into a USB on the monitor and the monitor into the dock. I just use the laptop keyboard.
 
Hi all it’s early am here 03:08 BST had way tooooooo much coffee today and to be honest it’s a crud night.
lost my sm dog molly on Friday night. aged 14
decided that as soon as I get time I am going to work at doing people portrait photography.... it’s my nemesis
animals ok, stuffed toys ok ....
anyone out there want to give me their tuppence worth of advice on doing people portrait photography?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom