What's new

The Coffee House

Sounds delish! @terri I always make my lasagna and baked ziti without meat. I just don’t really like meat and cheese together. If we want meat with it I’ll make the sauce with meatballs and serve them separately as an app. Weird I know.

Going to see Marc Cohn in concert tonight. Revealing my my party girl past with that one lol.


For those who don’t know Marc Cohn, that was sarcasm. You’ve probably heard the song Walking in Memphis at least a few hundred times. He’s like the James Taylor of the 90’s.
 
Hi all after a hot day I am now sat in the garden.
Wood burner lit kettle on the top to make a hot drink
81F5D3AD-7A06-42E6-B9C4-BB0F733BD787.webp
 
Drink made, light is fading and it is a nice clear night.
Nice to have the cool after the day.
Met office here has issued a heat wave warning up to sat 12th as you can see! I hope, the sky is nice evening blue
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Drink made, light is fading and it is a nice clear night.
Nice to have the cool after the day.
Met office here has issued a heat wave warning up to sat 12th as you can see! I hope, the sky is nice evening blue
We are at a balmy 104F here right now. Clear, blue skies and a gentle breeze. Opening a door is like opening an oven door.
 
Warm here and the overcast is really haze from the wildfires. Air quality noted as moderate. With the way things are going, the children of our children’s children may never see clear blue skies.

IMG_3912.webp


 
In my parts. never saw skies so blue recently as during the late spring/summer of 2020 when lock-downs cleared the roads. Guessing the cause is still lost to many?
 
It’s been like that all day, much to hot to be outside.
It took me 35min to get off the island…. 5 miles…..
This evening. Well the last of the wood is in the burner, when that is just embers I am off for a shower and bed.
So from this side of the pond… night all
 
If we want meat with it I’ll make the sauce with meatballs and serve them separately as an app. Weird I know.
Not weird at all - my late father in law always served meatballs on the side with pasta. You're not alone!

Yep, I have grown so used to meatless pasta that the thought of adding the meat is distasteful, like adding bulk or thickener for no particular reason. Never thought twice about it when I first started cooking!

I like meat plain - like the occasional burger on the grill or small steak. I do make a nice Mediterranean cucumber sauce for the ground lamb patties, but can't really think of anything else.
 
Well %$#&% here we sit, 6th time in the 6th consecutive week with a power outage. Small storm came through this morning apparently a tree down. Strange that everyone else experienced the same storm has power except the 900 or so on our grid. 😡 Spoke with the PSC on the complaint filed last week. I'm contacting neighbors to also file a complaint if enough do the PSC will escalate their oversight investigation.
 
Well %$#&% here we sit, 6th time in the 6th consecutive week with a power outage. Small storm came through this morning apparently a tree down. Strange that everyone else experienced the same storm has power except the 900 or so on our grid. 😡 Spoke with the PSC on the complaint filed last week. I'm contacting neighbors to also file a complaint if enough do the PSC will escalate their oversight investigation.

Go get ‘em!
 
I'm sorry to hear that, Smoke. Just be a pest and maybe things will be fixed.

So, tomorrow we're heading to Crisfield (DelMarVa Peninsula) with MLSIL to see the big duck (now being called "Mama Duck"). She wasn't able to go to the SoMD showing and wants to see it. We will definitely hit a couple produce stands while we are over there, and will likely hit the sand @ Assateague Island, hoping to see some of the wild horses.

I need to get some bed divider / flat carry boards (2x4s) and a couple traction boards (2x6s), so I'll be stopping by the home improvement store on the way home, and play with the circle saw tonight..
 
Well %$#&% here we sit, 6th time in the 6th consecutive week with a power outage. Small storm came through this morning apparently a tree down. Strange that everyone else experienced the same storm has power except the 900 or so on our grid. 😡 Spoke with the PSC on the complaint filed last week. I'm contacting neighbors to also file a complaint if enough do the PSC will escalate their oversight investigation.
That really sucks! :( It's so frustrating to be impacted by events that are beyond our control. I'm glad you do have the small generator for the RV, but yes, you do have to be the squeaky wheel here, it seems. Pita!
 
Well %$#&% here we sit, 6th time in the 6th consecutive week with a power outage.
Their lack of maintenance really puts folks who rely on power for medical equipment at risk. I know my mom and step-dad had to get an LP generator installed to ensure that they had enough power to keep the oxygen flowing for my step-dad. The utility is negligent in not keeping the trees trimmed and system maintained.
 
My turn to lose power yesterday. Only for 6 hours so can't complain. Reason was a tree. The electric company does a good job trimming trees in the area.

Looks like this year's grands' sunflower photos may be a bust. We planned on this evening at a new place close to home this year due to storms rolling in. With the grands schedules and daughter's work schedule it has been hard to pin down a date/time. The private field we are going to has set days and hours.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom