What's new

The Coffee House

That's exactly right: Covid-19 is a variant of SARS, which has been around for decades

The big question never fully answered was, did it originate as a mutation in nature, or was it the result of man.
 
I'm getting the next covid booster. After my very bad reaction to the 2nd dose of the shingles, the covid vax was a piece of cake. My youngest daughter RN worked the covid surges at two hospitals. The second round gave her PTSD from the young people so ill and dying. It was stressful for her suiting up and having the heavy air thing weighing down the back of the head. I hope we don't have surges like that again.
 
I need to get the shingles vax. I’ve been leery of setting the tinnitus off and making it worse but my last dr visit with a rheumatologist, he advised me not to wait so it’s on my list for September.

I have an initial diagnosis of osteoarthritis. Had some X-rays to confirm it and waiting on my follow up appointment in a few weeks. I’ve been having a lot of stiffness and pain in my hands. 10x worse than it was 6 months ago 🥲. Getting old(er) sucks!! But it’s better than the alternative.
 
Getting old(er) sucks!! But it’s better than the alternative.
I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't. Been dealing with arthritis for several years now. Fingers, hands, hips, lower back, shoulders, anything that moves. Some days better some worse.
 
The only good news about a hurricane is your going to be on the left side instead of in the path or on the right side. Even though we're inland, they still have sufficient energy to cause flooding and wind damage here if they pass over us. Early reports this morning are saying Idalia has grown to a Cat 4. The projected path has it coming inland in the Big Bend Area of Florida, which means it won't affect us at all as it moves across FL and Ga. Unfortunately for those in it's path it's going to be rough, a Cat 4 storm is bad.
 
I wish I could convince my sister to move out of Florida. She has a couple of acres in central Florida and still loves it - she's been there well over 20 years.

It's all great until hurricane season comes. She said she learned early on the Florida resident mantra: when you're on the coast, run; when you're inland, hide. :icon_eek:

She'll be well south of this one: just another rain event.
 
all great until hurricane season comes. She said she learned early on the Florida resident mantra: when you're on the coast, run; when you're inland, hide. :icon_eek:
I have a cousin on the south side of Orlando. They had some damage from Ian .
 
I wish I could convince my sister to move out of Florida. She has a couple of acres in central Florida and still loves it - she's been there well over 20 years.

It's all great until hurricane season comes. She said she learned early on the Florida resident mantra: when you're on the coast, run; when you're inland, hide. :icon_eek:

She'll be well south of this one: just another rain event.
Between the crazy rise in homeowners insurance premiums and the healthcare system, it’s not the hurricanes she needs to worry about.
 
Between the crazy rise in homeowners insurance premiums and the healthcare system, it’s not the hurricanes she needs to worry about.
As much as I would love to move back to FL, to St. James City specifically, cost of living is going through the roof and has become untenable. I grew up (Jr High/High years) on the Space Coast during the 70s, and we didn't seem to have the issues with hurricanes or other natural disasters during that time. I have fond memories, but they are in the past, and FL is a no-go today.
 
As much as I would love to move back to FL, to St. James City specifically, cost of living is going through the roof and has become untenable. I grew up (Jr High/High years) on the Space Coast during the 70s, and we didn't seem to have the issues with hurricanes or other natural disasters during that time. I have fond memories, but they are in the past, and FL is a no-go today.
It’s unfortunate. I know quite a few people heading into retirement that have changed their plans to move to FL.

Princess is officially back to school for her junior year. 8am classes 5 days/wk 😮😮😮! The party is over. 😂😂😂
 
move back to FL, to St. James City

We have some friends in Ft Myers, and have travelled down the west coast many times. Over the years Sanabel and Ft Myers Beach seemed to deteriorate. We were last there just before Ian hit and was shocked at how bad the area had gotten. We loved Naples, and were ready to sell out everything and move to Marco Island. After Ian, we decided it was better to visit.

We also made several trips along the Space Coast. Loved St Augustine, Flahler, Daytona Beach, Cocoa. Sadie Mae loved the East Coast because of the dog friendly beaches.
 
We have some friends in Ft Myers, and have travelled down the west coast many times. Over the years Sanabel and Ft Myers Beach seemed to deteriorate. We were last there just before Ian hit and was shocked at how bad the area had gotten. We loved Naples, and were ready to sell out everything and move to Marco Island. After Ian, we decided it was better to visit.

We also made several trips along the Space Coast. Loved St Augustine, Flahler, Daytona Beach, Cocoa. Sadie Mae loved the East Coast because of the dog friendly beaches.
I've always wanted a home on a canal with access to the Gulf, which is why St James City was so appealing, and not long ago the houses were "affordable." But housing costs have skyrocketed, and after looking at the properties for sale, and how much damage was done during the last hurricane, I've had a change of heart. Now trying to convince my sweetheart that Lancaster or Harrisburg PA would be a nice area (we got married in Marysville, just outside of Harrisburg), but she wants to stay planted in Texas for now, in spite of hating the heat. So I continue on working on my local paradise in the back yard, and I'll probably retire in place.
 
Between the crazy rise in homeowners insurance premiums and the healthcare system, it’s not the hurricanes she needs to worry about.
Insurance companies have pulled out of FL. Add in a few major hurricanes and insurance is expensive. I've heard rates going up 2x and 3x in the past year.
 
@SquarePeg , Sharon, made me do it. You are a very good Fuji salesperson. I traded in my X-T4.

083023_001SMW.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom