What's new

The Coffee House

That's hilarious! And a great story because you didn't get fired and the station had no trouble. ;)

Sounds like a party, then! You'll have to invite us all over when it's finished. Only, wait until it's not too hot to sit outside and enjoy it - you know, like in November. :icon_sunny:
I got a call from the station manager, and he said, don't do it again. Of course, I had the 11PM-4AM show (Gentleman Jeff's Night Show), so I was surprised that he even heard it. And honestly, it was probably mild compared to some of the punk music I played. Classic Rock, New Wave, and Punk were my genres, and I would alternate between them as the night went on.

It actually gets really nice here in the Spring and Autumn, with more than a month of wonderful weather in each of those seasons. I have to wait for the fence to be paid off before I can contract to have a deck put in. The plan includes a small fish pond that looks like a water trough with a hand pump at one end for the water circulation. That should attract those little peeper frogs to provide some added ambience.
 
DW and I are exhausted. Hosted a family day cookout at the Lake. Grandkids rode the golf cart till they drained the batteries, paddled around on the kayaks and paddle boat while the cart charged then rode again. They were all wore out by the time they left a little bit ago. Think everyone will sleep good tonight. Hope everyone is having a good weekend
That sounds wonderful!
 
My on the air radio experience was as a Police Disparcher. The worst I did was put out a call for a bear bite at the hospital; they are not really indigenous to the area. The code for an Animal Complaint is Signal 25, and for a bite, Signal 25B.

”Two Frank Three, respond to Southern Maryland ER for a 25B, bear. Frank Three?“
“Two Frank Three, did you advise bear?”
“Frank Three, that’s affirmative; bear, as in Grizzly, Polar or Teddy.”
 
Fireworks from the Lunatic Fringe. Ribbit.
(And a little WKRP and Johnny Fever in the soundtrack.)
Have some Tree Frog beer.


P.S. Starts at 5 minutes in. Edit - where it says Watch Below.
 
Last edited:
And Jimmy Buffet was popular here, but probably the fireworks and soundtrack were done well ahead of time with a theme already planned.
 
We went south of the border for the main part of dinner, tonight. I picked up a new grill pan (too jamming’ hot for the real grill) and made some Pinil-style grilled pork chops, and esquites (shaved corn and peppers in a broth). Started it all off with grilled peaches topped with cinnamon-sugar butter. Waiting for MLW’s banana pudding to finish chilling.

No shots of the peaches: they didn’t last long enough to grab the phone or camera.

71555629318__5A400053-6E16-4304-95C1-1FCE6068DAA8.webp


71555703553__BAD1BEB8-A165-4787-AB7D-A285CF0D892A.webp
 
Summer is over and now we get the dry hot weather???

IMG_4545.webp
 
Summer is over and now we get the dry hot weather???

Surprisingly there isn't much difference in our temperatures. Couple more days of highs at 90, then it starts falling off into the mid 80's for us with nighttime lows in the high 50's. Labor Day is usually our last hot blast. Not long now before fall is on us.
 
Well, crap, it's gotten worse since the last time I checked.

Screenshot_20230905-164627.webp
 
It's predicted to be warmer in NY. 90+ every day until the weekend. I hate it so much.
In DC, too, but at least it going down to the 70s at night.
 
Look away, Leo, look away!

It's hot here too, had been clouding up and I heard a little thunder, then it brightened up (sun shining and it's thundering...). At least it's supposed to be better by the weekend. And fall is in our future...

So is hockey season! Time for ice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom