What's new

The Coffee House

Going to have to go out for a walk with the camera this weekend...
1697295176451.webp
 
Morning all, it's a lovely sunny start here today with a cool breeze. Last busy day today as getting the rest of the small things out of the kitchen.
 
Good luck. I don’t want to go through another kitchen remodel.
 
Happy Hump Day, hosers!

What started out as a gorgeous fall day has turned windy and overcast. The hubby wants to do some stir-fry on the grill tonight (to keep the smell of the hot oil out of the kitchen!) but he may have to drop back and punt on that. A bit gusty out there for the grill. We'll see.

We're seeing low temperatures in the 30's for this weekend - yikes!! 😲
 
Good evening, hosers. I had a physical on Monday; mostly OK; I did lose some weight, apparently. :)
I mentioned I hadn't gotten the flu shot nor the second COVID booster, and was told they had them. I told them I'd take both and was told I was a "brave soul" because I was also due for the pneumonia booster. Well, that was a surprise. I ended up with one in the right arm, two in the left, and a blood draw as well. Still slightly sore at the injections sites, but no reactions, otherwise.
 
Morning all, it's wet with drizzle today. The walls have now been plastered and all the electrics were done, today the kitchen is going in.

3.webp
 
Good evening, hosers. I had a physical on Monday; mostly OK; I did lose some weight, apparently. :)
I mentioned I hadn't gotten the flu shot nor the second COVID booster, and was told they had them. I told them I'd take both and was told I was a "brave soul" because I was also due for the pneumonia booster. Well, that was a surprise. I ended up with one in the right arm, two in the left, and a blood draw as well. Still slightly sore at the injections sites, but no reactions, otherwise.
That seems like a lot - glad you didn't have any reactions!

I got the latest Covid booster today, and took a pass on the rest. I'm lucky not to have any underlying issues. (There's no vaccine for lumbar stenosis, or I'd be first in line.) ;) My arm is sore and I'm dragging a little. Time for bed!
 
@Fujidave Looks like it's coming along. It seems like I have more projects coming up then I have time for.

@snowbear I've had 2 Covid shots and DW 3. Ive yet to have COVID and DW had it twice last fall. One doctor is recommending another one for her and one doctor isn't sure she should. So for now, we're holding where we are. We both were supposed to get flu shots and a pneumonia booster for me this week, but held off because of a runny nose. Guess that'll happen this coming week.

Leaves are really starting to turn now around us, as the temperature is dropping.
 
That seems like a lot - glad you didn't have any reactions!

I got the latest Covid booster today, and took a pass on the rest. I'm lucky not to have any underlying issues. (There's no vaccine for lumbar stenosis, or I'd be first in line.) ;) My arm is sore and I'm dragging a little. Time for bed!
No reactions except the local soreness. Still a little sore on the left side but not bad, at all.

MLW is working overtime at the "Watch Office" on the front 12 (7 am to 7 pm) tomorrow. It's supposed to rain today but tomorrow just cloudy; high in the sixties, low in the fourties. I have to cut grass, will try to get the gutters cleared, and maybe go to work on the nasty back yard. MLSIL will keep Zoe company while I'm outside; I thinkl Zoe is the main reason she comes down on the weekends.

@snowbear I've had 2 Covid shots and DW 3. Ive yet to have COVID and DW had it twice last fall. One doctor is recommending another one for her and one doctor isn't sure she should. So for now, we're holding where we are. We both were supposed to get flu shots and a pneumonia booster for me this week, but held off because of a runny nose. Guess that'll happen this coming week.

Leaves are really starting to turn now around us, as the temperature is dropping.
Four COVID for me. I've only missed one flu shot in the past eight, or sop, years and that was during the pandemic when we barely left the house.

We talked about trying to get to the mountains to see leaves. Maybe we'll go up to Thurmont, MD on Sunday. If nothing else, there's a decent orchard, there. If the ladies are interested, we can add a quick trip to Emmitsburg and the National Fallen Firefighter's Memorial.
 
@Fujidave Looks like it's coming along. It seems like I have more projects coming up then I have time for.

@snowbear I've had 2 Covid shots and DW 3. Ive yet to have COVID and DW had it twice last fall. One doctor is recommending another one for her and one doctor isn't sure she should. So for now, we're holding where we are. We both were supposed to get flu shots and a pneumonia booster for me this week, but held off because of a runny nose. Guess that'll happen this coming week.

Leaves are really starting to turn now around us, as the temperature is dropping.

Thanks smoke, yes it's coming on really well as we have most of the kitchen in now and the man hopes to finish it by Wednesday.

Last image for now, then the very last one will be when it's all finished.

4.webp
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom