What's new

The Coffee House

I have been using my best phone as a camera lately, so I did not have a SIM in it, and it looks like I lost it. It probably dropped out of my pocket somewhere. Great. Just what I didn't need. . . .
That's never good under any circumstances! :( I'm sorry.
 
Hi all just moving house, and it’s manic. Just trying to change addy on driving licence on line..... grrrrr grind teeth ended up going old school and using the post... then to top it all have been sent a bill from the date I move out up to next year....... da I will not be there so why the bill. Photography is a distance memory the camera is packed....somewhere .
been driving back and forth so much that I am now waving to self going the other way.... running out of days to get done, stress Level...... went through the roof last week added to stress my benga cat went out Tuesday am .... still not come home.
thanks all chatting here has brought stress level back down to roof height lol
 
Terry sorry to hear you loose your phone, hope you did not have to much personal info on it.
 
Greetings Hosers! Princess called me from school today and asked me to check in one of her storage bins for a certain pair of shorts that she needed for her Halloween costume. Of course I could not find the shorts that she wanted but… I did find my favorite T-shirt that’s been missing for over over two years! She had the nerve to say “oh I had no idea you were looking for that”. Kids…
 
Good morning.

For any of you that remember @o hey tyler, he checked in on Facebook as OK in reference to the Lewiston, Maine incident. Lazy Lobster, who is across the river in Auburn, Maine, is also safe.

Tuesdays are "All Hands On Deck" so we all go into the office. Very early on Thursday morning the GIS boss sends out an email saying he had a COVID test and it came out positive. Wonderful. I did a home test that morning and it cmae out negative. I had a Geo-geek meeting so I masked up and went. I tested a seconf time this morning (about 36 hours afyter exposure), and still negative. Yay!

MLSIL came down yesterday (in spite of exposure) and we all went out to dinner for MLW's birthday. We went to a Greek/Med place nearby that has fantastic wood-fired pizza. The ladies had Greek lambchops while I had the pastitsio (Greek beef pasta bake). The place isn't large and can get noisy with the bar filled, so we opted to sit on the patio. Even though it was very cool, outside, it was still a good night out.

I'm taking a couple hours off today to put the air conditiones back into play for the next few days. Tomorrow is the beach drive. Going to Assateague Island to see the horses, drive out on the beach and do a little fishing. Ok, so I'l most likely just be drowning a few worms, but we'll have a picnic and just relax.
 
Finally shook the side effects of the Monday "Fluvid" shots. Czech beer and cold Stoly helped, too. Weird, wet, warm weather in S. Ontario today. Disconnected/drained rain barrels, early leaf raking and gradual garden button-up at the old family ruin. Always chagrined by the seasonal turn which, this year at least, wasn't dramatic. Buckets of black walnuts dumped into the yard waste bins. Bumper crop. Squirrels righteously PO'd. Tough !
 
Czech beer is good with flu shots, good tip!! lol Or maybe any kind of beer would help. And black walnuts, yum.

I didn't have any effects of any shots or vaccines, just a sore arm for a couple of days. I can live with that.

Charlie, I'm glad Lazy Lobster is good. I hadn't remembered where he was living. I vaguely remember O Hey Tyler, glad he's OK too.

Sorry Katomi you haven't found your cat, hope he/she turns up. People on my small town's FB page are always posting about a cat or dog they lost, or one seen hanging about, etc.
 
@Original katomi : I hope your kitty turns up soon! Fingers crossed.

@snowbear : This sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend. Have fun and definitely relax! Here's hoping you stay Negative to the Covid tests - ugh!

We've been enjoying our last bit of warm weather before the bottom drops out. Yesterday we took a stroll through the fantastic-smelling piles of leaves over many neighborhood sidewalks - I was able to wear Tevas (sport sandal) and tee shirt. Beautiful day! We shot one of my hubby's old cameras: an Argus Argoflex 40. It has a surprising amount of features for a camera that came out in 1952! It was easy and fun!

Halloween looks to be pretty cold around here. Sorry for kidlets.
 
Whirlwind trip to the MO Bootheel, left Wednesday, just got back today. Year end business taken care of and nice visit with some family. Talk about temperature adjustment, when we pulled out this morning it was 51. We got home it was 84.
 
Well hi all just finished moving. Moved to look after mum, it’s manic here. I collect and save everything. So does mum.
cant move here at the moment lol.
 
Good morning, hosers.
MLW and kitty let me sleep in, this morning. I really loved the beach day. The fishing was just a couple casts, more to test out the new rod and reel as it was low tide. We spent the time watching the waves and the shore birds. I was never much of a beach person but I could do that all day, every day. We finished off with dinner at Bethany Blues, a decent BBQ place in Bethany Beach, Delaware.
 
Well hi all just finished moving. Moved to look after mum, it’s manic here. I collect and save everything. So does mum.
cant move here at the moment lol.
Moving is always harder - and we have more stuff - than we think when we get started!

Have you found the kitty?
 
Good morning, hosers.
MLW and kitty let me sleep in, this morning. I really loved the beach day. The fishing was just a couple casts, more to test out the new rod and reel as it was low tide. We spent the time watching the waves and the shore birds. I was never much of a beach person but I could do that all day, every day. We finished off with dinner at Bethany Blues, a decent BBQ place in Bethany Beach, Delaware.
Sounds like a restful and relaxing day! The beach is always good for the soul. I'm not a beach person either, per se, but I could walk a shoreline till my legs drop out. :lol: Just listening to the waves and watching/hearing the birds is very calming.

Getting ready for a major drop in temps after today. We're dumping the rest of the potted annuals, bringing in the herbs to the sunroom. It's getting bare-looking out there!

Today I'm roasting a turkey using the convection oven - never done that before, but I'm curious to see if it's enough of a time saver to get ready for Thanksgiving. Smallest whole turkey I've ever bought - only 9 pounds! Perfect for a little oven test.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom