What's new

The Coffee House

Payne’s grey is available in a tube so I would have to pour it into the pan. I may add it later. Jane’s is a bit warmer and not as dark. It’s made from Ultramarine and Burnt Sienna while Payne’s is derived from Ultramarine and Ivory Black.

I’lol put together a color chart this week and post it in the Wstercolr and Pastels thread. I also picked up a book on pastels.

In watercolor, I like to add tiny bit of Payne’s grey to darken the colors I’ve used in my painting then I use it for shadows. It definitely works better with the cooler tones. I’ll have to try Jane’s grey for mixing with warmer colors. I think we need to revive the art thread!
 
It's currently 72F here. The wx forecasters are promising a plummet to 30F tonight. and then it just gets colder moving into the weekend. By Monday night/Tuesday morning it is supposed to be around 12F, but no precipitation. Feeder filled and suet blocks up. I expect they will strip the holly hedges of their berries fairly quickly for the energy they provide. Will have to monitor for frozen sparrows, because the cavvy will try to eat them whole. Nothing bad came from it last time, but still cautious.
 
It's currently 72F here. The wx forecasters are promising a plummet to 30F tonight. and then it just gets colder moving into the weekend. By Monday night/Tuesday morning it is supposed to be around 12F, but no precipitation. Feeder filled and suet blocks up. I expect they will strip the holly hedges of their berries fairly quickly for the energy they provide. Will have to monitor for frozen sparrows, because the cavvy will try to eat them whole. Nothing bad came from it last time, but still cautious.
Nasty stuff scheduled for Fri nite 8-10" by Sat a.m., more Sat aft. So far Environment Canada has oversold snowfalls but this one might go the limit and then some. Snowblower, shovels, salt at the ready. Might cook up a load of potstickers for the struggling neighbors Sat--so good with that addictive Lao Gan Ma chili crisp.
Resident bluejays trained me to furnish roasted peanuts in the shell in crappy winter weather. Bird brain?
 
@SquarePeg ..was that local photo store, Hunts?
I only went there a few times @ Hingham?
I really miss hands on salesperson!!

Hi Nancy. There’s a Hunts right here in my city but I’m not sure what post you’re asking about?
 
A few pages back, you said a camera shop had go e out of business and I was wondering that was Hunts.
I was responding to someone else who said that. Hunts is still in business.
 
Nasty stuff scheduled for Fri nite 8-10" by Sat a.m., more Sat aft. So far Environment Canada has oversold snowfalls but this one might go the limit and then some. Snowblower, shovels, salt at the ready. Might cook up a load of potstickers for the struggling neighbors Sat--so good with that addictive Lao Gan Ma chili crisp.
Resident bluejays trained me to furnish roasted peanuts in the shell in crappy winter weather. Bird brain?
We're getting ready for the same weather system. AccuWeather is still uncertain about snow amounts in these parts, but are quite certain about high winds followed by arctic air. We'll be in single digits in a couple more days.

I confess to some hand-wringing over losing power from the winds, right before the temps plunge. I bought fixings for split pea soup and chili, which can all be cooked on the gas stove top. Plus a bag of ground coffee in case we need to use the Pyrex glass stove top percolator - over 50 years old and works like a charm. :)
 
We're getting ready for the same weather system. AccuWeather is still uncertain about snow amounts in these parts, but are quite certain about high winds followed by arctic air. We'll be in single digits in a couple more days.

I confess to some hand-wringing over losing power from the winds, right before the temps plunge. I bought fixings for split pea soup and chili, which can all be cooked on the gas stove top. Plus a bag of ground coffee in case we need to use the Pyrex glass stove top percolator - over 50 years old and works like a charm. :)
My first coffee pot was the glass Pyrex. My Mom used one up to the early 2000s. I also have one for French press coffee.

40s now with dipping to zero the next few days as the low. Very windy. So windy that Oscar's ear was standing straight up. The pups didn't waste any time on going outside.
 
hi all
as most of you know I shoot canon.
I am asking for some help, and the info i have is a both out dated and vauge
so he goes
About 10 or more years ago canon did a video camera that took the EF lenses can any one think of this and what it was called.
Thanks Katomi
 
My first coffee pot was the glass Pyrex. My Mom used one up to the early 2000s. I also have one for French press coffee.

40s now with dipping to zero the next few days as the low. Very windy. So windy that Oscar's ear was standing straight up. The pups didn't waste any time on going outside.
Oh, the visual of the pups is a good one! I remember having to give Odin the pug a little push to get him out in very inclement weather. We'd stand inside and laugh while he scurried to find a spot and then gallop back to the door!

Snowing hard here atm. According to radar it should be clearing out soon. I made a pot of soup and did a load of laundry in anticipation of a power outage from these very high wind gusts. 😳

@Original katomi : I'm sorry, but I haven't a clue what that could be!
 
hi all
as most of you know I shoot canon.
I am asking for some help, and the info i have is a both out dated and vauge
so he goes
About 10 or more years ago canon did a video camera that took the EF lenses can any one think of this and what it was called.
Thanks Katomi
To give you an idea of the day I'm having, the first thing that came to mind was artillery, and I thought, "How cool!" The C100 and the C700.
 
C700 I will have to have a look, thanks Jeff I saw the advert years ago, thought, cool but I shoot stills, I now have a project that I want to shoot vid more than the 30 min limit on DSLR
it’s that of have the 3 600ds set up so 2 can cool down whilst the 3 is in use
 
Last edited:
C700 I will have to have a look, thanks Jeff I saw the advert years ago, thought, cool but I shoot stills, I now have a project that I want to shoot vid more than the 30 min limit on DSLR
it’s that of have the 3 600ds set up so 2 can cool down whilst the 3 is in use
The C700 requires pretty deep pockets. I mean, it's USD $23K at Walmart of all places.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom