What's new

The Coffee House

Will some of the northern members come and get Mother Nature? She's down here drinking again, warm sunny sky's today. Monday the temps plummet, calling for snow and night time lows of 10 degrees, with daytime highs still below freezing
 
Forties today. it rained last night but is not supposed to rain today. MLSIL decided to stay home this weekend so I will try to get this mantle done, and play with some paints. There’s a Jeep get-together close to MLSIL’s but since she’s staying home, we decided to skip it. Maybe next time.
 
Will some of the northern members come and get Mother Nature? She's down here drinking again, warm sunny sky's today. Monday the temps plummet, calling for snow and night time lows of 10 degrees, with daytime highs still below freezing
Yeah, she showed up here, too. Now we have snow in the forecast for Monday, and 9F as the low. I don't ever remember single digit temps down here, so I'll believe it when I see it. Faucets are dripping and cabinets are open.
 
Just wound up 5 hrs of snow clearing: home, deserving neighbors and the family ruin. Wet sticky stuff that choked the snow blower, taxed backs. Damn city plows specialize in leaving a 2ft+ wall of ice+snow scraped off the street at driveway entrances--sweet. Lunch, shower and Lebowski robe for indoors afternoon storm watching. Prosit!
 
Lows well below freezing for the next week, some nights in the mid-teens. We may have a real winter this year, but so far no snow.
 
Will some of the northern members come and get Mother Nature? She's down here drinking again, warm sunny sky's today. Monday the temps plummet, calling for snow and night time lows of 10 degrees, with daytime highs still below freezing
Why? I gave her a tenner ( 10GBP) to go to your pub for a pint
 
well thats me done for this evening, time to finish up in the kitchen and batten down the hatches before Smoke gives mother nature a shove in my direction
 
Went for my first real walk of the year, because it has been forever since I last did that. The temps were in the mid-50's. Will drop into the mid-teens tonight. I didn't see much in the way of birds, but I did get a couple of shots. Now warming back up with a nice cup of Darjeeling Cream Early Grey and a couple of Walker's shortbread biscuits. Posting my meager catch of the day shortly.
 
Will some of the northern members come and get Mother Nature? She's down here drinking again, warm sunny sky's today. Monday the temps plummet, calling for snow and night time lows of 10 degrees, with daytime highs still below freezing

Yeah, she showed up here, too. Now we have snow in the forecast for Monday, and 9F as the low. I don't ever remember single digit temps down here, so I'll believe it when I see it. Faucets are dripping and cabinets are open.

That crazy chic had a temper tantrum up here too. Massive coastal flooding in NH and Maine this week. @limr and @snowbear I know you travel to the Maine coast frequently. Waves and flooding and wind have wiped out the bell tower at Pemaquid Point lighthouse and the famous Fish Shacks at Willard beach. Most of the lighthouses in Portland sustained some damage and both Rye and Hampton beaches in NH have severe flooding and lots of damage to the sea walls.

These are the fish shacks that are gone now 😢

IMG_6329.webp


And the bell tower. I hope they rebuild it.
IMG_6328.webp
 
Waves and flooding and wind have wiped out the bell tower at Pemaquid Point lighthouse and the famous Fish Shacks at Willard beach.
That's terrible to hear! When you think about the age of these structures, it's obvious that they've been clobbered by a lot of weather over time. Sad that something wiped them all out in one event like this. :(
 
That crazy chic had a temper tantrum up here too.

Seems like she's been getting around a lot this year.

Temperature is dropping here, there was a heavy frost this morning. They started of saying we might get a dusting of snow tomorrow, then possibly an inch, then 2" likely,, now this morning they're saying 4", starting to wonder if it'll double over night. 😲
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom