What's new

The Coffee House

Call me an old fuddy duddy, but regular ole Maxwell House is good to me. Wife orders 2 or 3 brands online and blends them. meh.
 
Howdy hosers! It's Friday evening, and it's 50F and raining. Bumped the thermostat up to 70F for the evening. Will be doing a teriyaki glazed salmon, boiled new potatoes, and green beans for dinner. Currently sipping on a New Belgium Trippel. I'm relatively picky on my coffee, so for the Kureg it's Illy Intenso, or when I'm ambitious I'll get a whole bean coffee that passes the smell test (no specific brand as of yet, it just has to smell heavenly...), and that gets ground and a pour over or French press depending on the mood. Not much going on this weekend, too chilly and wet, so it'll be traveling Skyrim slaying dragons and bandits. Currently listening to my Manfred Mann station on Pandora while I get ready to go into the kitchen.
 
Yesterday was an adventure. As I was heading up to get MLSIL, the traffic report mentioned a multi-car crash on the Chesapeake Bay bridge, closing the westbound span. Fog was preventing the two-way traffic set up (one lane each direction on the same span). So I figured I'll have to deal with the rubber-neckers going east; maybe an hour delay. Leaving MLSIL, the radio nnounced the fog had lifted enough for them to start two-way traffic, so eastbound traffic was stopped. I decided not to deal with oit so we drove north, across the Susquehanna River (very head of the Bay), into Delaware, and south from there. The crash was over 40 vehicles, and the bridge span was shut down for about six hours. I couldn't imagine what that would have been like on a Sunday afternoon in the summer.

The beach was foggy but it was still nice to get out and see the shore birds. No real camera thois time: I can't find my charger and all three batteries are dead.
 
Yikes 40 cars? That’s crazy. Was it due to the heavy fog?

It’s been raining here off and on all morning. A few minutes of wet sloppy snow snuck into the mix but didn’t manage to hang on.
 
Last edited:
I found it funny when the news people were telling travelers to "seek alternate routes;" there are only three ways across the Bay: The bridge, across the Susquehanna (2 hours north) and the Bridge Tunnel that goes to Norfolk, VA (several hours).
 
Morning y'all. Well apparently Mother Nature didnt get the memo on our forecast for a taste of spring this week. Not going to be frigid, but no where near the pleasnt mark, at least there's no rain in the forecast.
 
Call me an old fuddy duddy, but regular ole Maxwell House is good to me. Wife orders 2 or 3 brands online and blends them. meh.
That's what we use when making a carafe of coffe (we have a pod/carafe thing). I've gotten to the point that the flaveored coffees, though they smell different, all taste the same to me.
 
Snow on the ground when we woke up today. About an inch of slush. Once again not enough to bother with the snow blower. Colder temps expected tonight so had to get out there and push it all to the side with a shovel and salt the walkways again. I’m ready for spring.
 
Magnificent Monday to all y'all! It's a torrid 72F and sunny today... koff koff may have to call in sick... lol. I don't do that though, so I have the house opened up and doing my work just wishing I was out walking instead. It's supposed to be nice and sunny all week, and then in an absolute act of cruelty, it will get chilly and rainy on the weekend just because it can.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom