What's new

The Coffee House

What are some low maintenance plants? 😅 (I don't have a particularly good green thumb lol)

You have to choose your plants based on your natural light conditions or they become too much work and don’t do well.

If you have some sunny windows then any cactus plant or a jade plant are pretty low maintenance. Pothos also pretty easy to grow in bright direct or indirect light. If not bright light then peace lilies do well but can be drama queens when they need water. But they bounce right back.
 
You have to choose your plants based on your natural light conditions or they become too much work and don’t do well.

If you have some sunny windows then any cactus plant or a jade plant are pretty low maintenance. Pothos also pretty easy to grow in bright direct or indirect light. If not bright light then peace lilies do well but can be drama queens when they need water. But they bounce right back.
Maybe I should get peace lilies since I can be a drama queen too.
 
So I had a ram module in my PC go bad, it's made by Corsair which has lifetime warranty even though I purchased it in 2019. Anyways, I could done an advanced RMA to get a replacement but it would take a while so I ordered a new kit on Amazon and figured since memory is so cheap nowadays I'd get 32gb, upping it from 16gb which was a nice little upgrade even though my PC is getting a little long in the tooth at this point. So I figured I would RMA the old stuff back and get a replacement 16gb kit back that I could turn around and sell on eBay, I don't really need 48gb of ram!! Cost me $3 to ship to them.

So a few weeks go by, I hear nothing. I wasn't concerned about it, wasn't something I needed asap. This morning I randomly got an email from FedEx saying it was going to be delivered today and that I'd need to sign for it. Luckily I am home today but it completely screwed up my plans because now I have to pay attention and listen for FedEx so I can sign for it. I wished they sent me the tracking number earlier!! Not only that, it took a few weeks because it came all the way from Taiwan!

You know what's funny though? It's 3pm and they still haven't showed up. They are typically here around 10-12pm. So I could've done what I wanted to do today. Errrrr.
 
My favorite model, friend's grandson, is coming over this weekend for his birthday photos. He is in activities like karate and swimming so I'm sure there will be photos with his medals.

For the birthday photos I blew up 80 balloons for a background swag. My husband was on the step stool helping me hang it when he came down and I got his hand in my eye. Hasn't bruised up yet. I guess photography isn't a hazard free hobby. :lol:
 
Maybe I should get peace lilies since I can be a drama queen too.

Just be careful, though, because some plants can be toxic to cats. If you are serious about the lily, for example, make sure Luke can't get to it. Spider plants are fine for cats, but he still might chew at them and kill the plant. I have a few plants that I have to keep on high shelves so they are safe from my girls.
 
Just be careful, though, because some plants can be toxic to cats. If you are serious about the lily, for example, make sure Luke can't get to it. Spider plants are fine for cats, but he still might chew at them and kill the plant. I have a few plants that I have to keep on high shelves so they are safe from my girls.
Catnip. Always, catnip.
 
I have been out with a couple of cameras lately. It's too late for me to do processing, but I wanted to see how some turned out. I thought I'd post one right now. This is Toronto City Hall on a foggy day. I don't think I have ever photographed City Hall on a foggy day before. That's not that hard for me to remember, because I rarely took a camera out on a foggy day. :) I'll post the rest some other day.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0783a-rsz1600c1.webp
    DSC_0783a-rsz1600c1.webp
    245 KB · Views: 45
Another rainy day with temp at 40 degrees. I'd rather have it cold and sunny. Waiting for a sunny day to paint the trim. It is easier to see what I'm painting. We went to a local tea room for lunch and my husband was only one of two men. Great food!
 
What are some low maintenance plants? 😅 (I don't have a particularly good green thumb lol)
Dandelions, thistles, ragweed, briars, crabgrass, bamboo seem to do well here. I have some free bamboo - just come and get it.

For inside, I'd get something like aloe vera.
 
It's supposed to rain Saturday, but I may still take MLSIL to Assateague. The Over Sand Vehicle permit expires on the 31st so we should be able to pick up the new one Saturday (renewing tomorrow). As long as it isn't pouring we'll drive. Afterward, I'll probably swing by Blackwater National Wildlike Refuge and see if we can spot some little Sitka deer and blad eagles.
Assateague is on the Atlantic, Blackwater is on the Chesapeake Bay.

MLSIL is hoping to see some of these guys.


cmw3_d750_DSC_5050.jpg by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr
 
You have to choose your plants based on your natural light conditions or they become too much work and don’t do well.

If you have some sunny windows then any cactus plant or a jade plant are pretty low maintenance. Pothos also pretty easy to grow in bright direct or indirect light. If not bright light then peace lilies do well but can be drama queens when they need water. But they bounce right back.
Cacti and other succulents should be drenched and then let dry out completely and drenched again. A lot of them die because people give
them little sips of water when they water them. That causes the roots to go towards the surface, and then when they go dry for too long the roots die.
 
Last edited:
I have been out with a couple of cameras lately. It's too late for me to do processing, but I wanted to see how some turned out. I thought I'd post one right now. This is Toronto City Hall on a foggy day. I don't think I have ever photographed City Hall on a foggy day before. That's not that hard for me to remember, because I rarely took a camera out on a foggy day. :) I'll post the rest some other day.
Try shots from Nathan Phillips Square next time.
 
OSV Permit purchased (has to be online). Now to take a drive tomorrow. I'll get MLSIL on the way; maybe have a late lunch or early dinner in Ocean City.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom