What's new

The Coffee House

MLW got a message her boss, last night, saying she was positive with Covid … now MLW tested positive with the home kit. She scheduled an appointment for a rapid test at one of the chain drug stores for this morning. When we got there she was told the clinic was closed and not doing testing. None of wonderful people at the pharmacy knew if other stores were giving them. Attempting to call one just got in an endless phone tree loop. She was able got an appointment at the clinic run by the primary in the morning. I was negative last night and will test again in the morning before heading into the office. I sure as heck don’t want it again.

We actually did some work in the basement before she became symptomatic. I got the old workbench cleared of accumulated clutter and mouse … stuff. It just needs a nice wash with bleach and have the under-shelf cleared. MLW was working at clearing out a closet type area and found an old baseball bat I had as a kid. I remember going to the “bat night” game though I have no idea who they played or who won. This would have been the 1961 expansion team; I guess I got the bat in ‘66 or ‘67. It’s still in good shape for having been used like crazy, except the electrical tape I put on the handle to “help the grip.” Hey, I was 7 or 8. :laugh2:

IMG_1033.jpeg
 
MLW got a message her boss, last night, saying she was positive with Covid … now MLW tested positive with the home kit. She scheduled an appointment for a rapid test at one of the chain drug stores for this morning. When we got there she was told the clinic was closed and not doing testing. None of wonderful people at the pharmacy knew if other stores were giving them. Attempting to call one just got in an endless phone tree loop. She was able got an appointment at the clinic run by the primary in the morning. I was negative last night and will test again in the morning before heading into the office. I sure as heck don’t want it again.

We actually did some work in the basement before she became symptomatic. I got the old workbench cleared of accumulated clutter and mouse … stuff. It just needs a nice wash with bleach and have the under-shelf cleared. MLW was working at clearing out a closet type area and found an old baseball bat I had as a kid. I remember going to the “bat night” game though I have no idea who they played or who won. This would have been the 1961 expansion team; I guess I got the bat in ‘66 or ‘67. It’s still in good shape for having been used like crazy, except the electrical tape I put on the handle to “help the grip.” Hey, I was 7 or 8. :laugh2:

View attachment 271563


Sorry to hear she has it. Hopefully she’s boosted and symptoms will be mild.

What was the point of the drug store appointment for another test? It would be unusual to test positive with a home kit then negative with a clinic test. The home test being positive and having symptoms should be good enough for her dr to give a paxlovid rx.
 
Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, she hasn't been boosted (just kept putting it off). She also had her spleen removed so her immune system is deficient. When she gets a cold, it's like having a mild case of the flu for others. She's having body aches (like I did with it).

She works for the Fire/EMS Department which requires employees and contractors to get tests taken at an "official" facility. My agency (Information-Technology) does, as well. A home test is fine for an initial evaluation. Not really any different than the requirement for travel when the pandemic was winding down.

I just did my second home test, since I'm supposed to report to the office today, and it's looking negative.:)
 
@snowbear hope she has a quick recovery. I know the concern on low immune systems, after all the chemo, my wife is facing the same issue. So far she's had 4 shots and COVID 3 times, I've had 3 shots and COVID once. Seems this bug is here to stay regardless of vaccines. The good news is it's not as scary now, there's less unknown and in most cases the vaccines seem to limit the severity.
 
Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, she hasn't been boosted (just kept putting it off). She also had her spleen removed so her immune system is deficient. When she gets a cold, it's like having a mild case of the flu for others. She's having body aches (like I did with it).

She works for the Fire/EMS Department which requires employees and contractors to get tests taken at an "official" facility. My agency (Information-Technology) does, as well. A home test is fine for an initial evaluation. Not really any different than the requirement for travel when the pandemic was winding down.

I just did my second home test, since I'm supposed to report to the office today, and it's looking negative.:)
I'm glad you're testing negative, and so sorry your wife is positive. I hope she gets the "official" test quickly so she can get the medication.

My sister in law called over the weekend to tell us she's tested positive again, too. She had company visiting and spent most of the time isolated in her bedroom. Pita, still, this Covid!
 
She'll get through it; she's pretty tough. When we got to the clinic, I got tested (I was asked if I wanted to participate in a potential COVID remedy clinincal trial if positive) and was negative again.
 
MLW got a message her boss, last night, saying she was positive with Covid … now MLW tested positive with the home kit. She scheduled an appointment for a rapid test at one of the chain drug stores for this morning. When we got there she was told the clinic was closed and not doing testing. None of wonderful people at the pharmacy knew if other stores were giving them. Attempting to call one just got in an endless phone tree loop. She was able got an appointment at the clinic run by the primary in the morning. I was negative last night and will test again in the morning before heading into the office. I sure as heck don’t want it again.

We actually did some work in the basement before she became symptomatic. I got the old workbench cleared of accumulated clutter and mouse … stuff. It just needs a nice wash with bleach and have the under-shelf cleared. MLW was working at clearing out a closet type area and found an old baseball bat I had as a kid. I remember going to the “bat night” game though I have no idea who they played or who won. This would have been the 1961 expansion team; I guess I got the bat in ‘66 or ‘67. It’s still in good shape for having been used like crazy, except the electrical tape I put on the handle to “help the grip.” Hey, I was 7 or 8. :laugh2:

View attachment 271563
I wish your wife a speedy recovery. And hope you stay covid free.

Love the bat
 
Best of luck and a quick rebound!

Some intriguing stats and graphics:

 
Best of luck and a quick rebound!

Some intriguing stats and graphics:

I'm a One Percenter (boosters) in Maryland! I was involved in a minor capacity in updating the information during the pandemic - I wrote some of the script that was used to update mapping data on the County's COVID website - we had to extract it from Excel sheets. I also got stuck was responsible for running them (twice/day) when the boss was unavailable.
 
Not wildly different north of the border in Ontario. My local health unit did a superb job getting people accustomed to vax programs and managing booking appts online--a benefit of our health care system. Maybe just vax/booster fatigue thinned fully boosted numbers? Frankly shocked by the subsequent laxity and indifference hereabouts re: boosters, especially as the holidays here saw a spike in new cases in late 2023/early2024. Me? At the front of the line for the latest boosters since I travel regularly and see an aged FIL often who always got boosted. A little caution helps make your own luck, no?
 
A little caution helps make your own luck, no?
Absolutely. If I had not gotten the boosters, I'm sure I'd have gotten COVID again.
 
Absolutely. If I had not gotten the boosters, I'm sure I'd have gotten COVID again.

Don't count on it, there is no rhyme or reason with COVID, that's what so crazy about it. Even pre-vaccine, there were households where one person would get it and no one else did. Prior to the pandemic I shot a wedding of an elderly couple we knew as a wedding gift. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer shortly after, and she had heart problems. When COVID hit they both got it, both went in the hospital. He came out 7 days later, she remained and passed after 4 weeks. He went on to live another couple months before the cancer got him.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom