What's new

The Coffee House

Then I guess perhaps I'm not a real artist. I just don't like it.

Nothing in my comment said any such thing. I'm old enough to have endured all the negative comments when digital cameras came into being, and listened to the SOOC purists and their denigrating remarks on post processing. I look at AI as just another tool, whether a photographer uses it or doesnt remains their choice.
 
Why do you feel like it is being taken away from you? If you don't enjoy it anymore, that's fine. There's nothing that says a hobby has to be a lifetime hobby. But maybe you need to figure out why what other people do makes you feel like you can't do what you want to do anymore.
Yup. It's not unlike fishing: some days they're bitin', other days they're not. Grounds for throwing away the rod-n-reel? Think nerwin needs to puzzle that one out privately...
 
@cgw speaking of fishing, the Crappie are biting like crazy here. Those strong enough to brave the cold are pulling in some nice slabs. If the weather stays like its been the last few days, might be time to uncover the boat and hit the water.
 
Lucky you! Crappie are so toothsome!
 
Howdy folks! Yesterday was quite the day! Once a year we have a rally where I work, where Leadership gives us a state-of-the-airline report, what our goals for the year are, and an all around pep rally. Lots of fun and meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while. It became extra special for me, because I won two positive space tix on Cayman Airlines, which means I guess I'll have to suffer and visit the Cayman Islands this year. (Note: get passports) I've already discovered two places of interest, the QE II botanical gardens, and hiking trails in the jungles that offer a lot of opportunities for birding and getting shots of blue iguanas, which are an endangered species. And it was in the 70's here again. So, how was your day?
Well! I certainly had a nice enough day: the sun finally came back out and I'm working on another fun little alt-photo project.

But no one's told me that I won any tickets to the Cayman Islands. :lol: That's awesome! Get that passport process started!
 
Well! I certainly had a nice enough day: the sun finally came back out and I'm working on another fun little alt-photo project.

But no one's told me that I won any tickets to the Cayman Islands. :lol: That's awesome! Get that passport process started!
Time to defect to Tahiti!
 
Lucky you! Crappie are so toothsome!

Normal spawn here is March, that's when they are so hyped up they'll bite a bare hook. This year it may be coming early.
 
Howdy folks! Yesterday was quite the day! Once a year we have a rally where I work, where Leadership gives us a state-of-the-airline report, what our goals for the year are, and an all around pep rally. Lots of fun and meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while. It became extra special for me, because I won two positive space tix on Cayman Airlines, which means I guess I'll have to suffer and visit the Cayman Islands this year. (Note: get passports) I've already discovered two places of interest, the QE II botanical gardens, and hiking trails in the jungles that offer a lot of opportunities for birding and getting shots of blue iguanas, which are an endangered species. And it was in the 70's here again. So, how was your day?

Congratulations! It’s been many uears since I last visited the Caymans but I remember how beautiful it was there. That was well before my photography hobby began.

Raining here. TGIF!! It was a long week. End of the month reports due and first month of the new year so lots of tedious updates to make to all the templates. I can barely stand the excitement.
 
Howdy folks! Yesterday was quite the day! Once a year we have a rally where I work, where Leadership gives us a state-of-the-airline report, what our goals for the year are, and an all around pep rally. Lots of fun and meeting up with people I haven't seen in a while. It became extra special for me, because I won two positive space tix on Cayman Airlines, which means I guess I'll have to suffer and visit the Cayman Islands this year. (Note: get passports) I've already discovered two places of interest, the QE II botanical gardens, and hiking trails in the jungles that offer a lot of opportunities for birding and getting shots of blue iguanas, which are an endangered species. And it was in the 70's here again. So, how was your day?

Congrats! Enjoy your trip. Photos posted when you get back!
 
For the New England people, what is this can brown bread? A little pricey.
I love that stuff! Mom would buy it often as I was growing up. She would warm it up and then pile baked beans and an egg on top on a variation of the baked beans on toast theme. My wife buys it from time to time, but that may be due to her mom being from Foxborough. It's really good!
 
Fresh brown bread is delish - it's made with molasses and steamed, and it has a really nice rich flavor. I've never had it from a can and I'll be honest, I never want to.

But now I want to make some.

Edit: As I started looking for recipes, I found out that it was often steamed in cans. I personally have only ever had it in restaurants and it was never round, and I also never saw that product you linked to in stores, so I didn't realize that brown bread in a can was a thing. I imagine it's similar to something like an English steamed pudding like spotted dick that I have seen sold in cans.

This is what I'm more used to: Traditional Irish Brown Bread Recipe
 
Last edited:
Been in New England my whole life and never heard of brown bread in a can - whether home made or store bought. Must be a South Shore thing.
 
For the New England people, what is this can brown bread? A little pricey.

Bread in a can.......sounds about as good as instant grits. 😁

Fresh brown bread is delish - it's made with molasses and steamed, and it has a really nice rich flavor. I've never had it from a can and I'll be honest, I never want to.

But now I want to make some.

Edit: As I started looking for recipes, I found out that it was often steamed in cans. I personally have only ever had it in restaurants and it was never round, and I also never saw that product you linked to in stores, so I didn't realize that brown bread in a can was a thing. I imagine it's similar to something like an English steamed pudding like spotted dick that I have seen sold in cans.

This is what I'm more used to: Traditional Irish Brown Bread Recipe

Been in New England my whole life and never heard of brown bread in a can - whether home made or store bought. Must be a South Shore thing.
The B&M bread is actually pretty good, and has an interesting history. Y'all should give it a try at least once.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom