The Coffee House

I'm so tired of cold/wet, that I don't mind we haven't had any snow this year!

Howdy folks! Sunny but chilly days this week... it rained all during the weekend, of course. To really make me happy, I found out today that my A1C is almost over the line, so it looks like a drastic cut in carbs, especially sweets and fried carbs. Ugh! No more burgers and fries, ice cream, cakes, cookies. I can do without those, but like caffeine, cutting back will result in headaches at first. Aging is fun, they said, you'll enjoy it, they said...

Rain today and tomorrow with snow to the north and west,

Made it to downtown DC without any issues; love the Metro trains, especially at 1/2 fare price! There are a bunch of people here, as usual, but fewer it seems. there were empty seats beside me at the Plenary. I got in the drawing for the Stanley cups; they aren’t that big a deal other than having good insulation, apparently,

Rain today and tomorrow with snow to the north and west,

Made it to downtown DC without any issues; love the Metro trains, especially at 1/2 fare price! There are a bunch of people here, as usual, but fewer it seems. there were empty seats beside me at the Plenary. I got in the drawing for the Stanley cups; they aren’t that big a deal other than having good insulation, apparently,
Thought for a moment there you were going to start playing professional hockey...

Sunny here today on the chilly side. Tomorrow should be a tad warmer for a walk at the watershed. Dentist today and taxes tomorrow. Getting things crossed off my to-do list.

I went to one of the "Expo" booths, yesterday (a Federal agency) and found this little dude. I told the nice young lady, wearing a dress made from a map print fabric, that I needed it because I had a Jeep. She laighed and said "Of course!"

IMG_1058.JPG

Back to the conference again, today.

Last edited:
Sunny and warmer today, hopefully between today and tomorrow will be able to get pruning done, I'm late this year, the cold was to much for me. I need some of @CherylL energy! LOL

The big news of late has been AI, this morning this showed up.....genetically modified plant that glows in the dark. Bioluminescent Plants Are Now Even Brighter: Light Bio to Begin Selling Firefly Petunias to Consumers with USDA Approval maybe we're taking this "we want to be God" movement a little to fast. 😕
I have an aquarium, and I'm always resisting the temptation to get glofish, which were genetically modified to glow under blue light.

I have an aquarium, and I'm always resisting the temptation to get glofish, which were genetically modified to glow under blue light.

I've heard of the fish, but these plants are different in that they don't require any external light or other stimulation to light up.

I've heard of the fish, but these plants are different in that they don't require any external light or other stimulation to light up.
That’s not great for surrounding plants, wild animals and insects. They need dark for their natural cues. It’s a problem that most aren’t aware of when they hang all those solar lights that stay on all night in their garden.

Yea, the glofish are fluorescent. They were developed by taking a gene from a jellyfish and splicing it into the fish. Because it is embedded in the genes, the offspring will inherit the fluorescence.

There and I thought those plants only grew around Nuke test sites or nuke power stations lol

Wow, not sure what got into me today....maybe it was the nice spring weather. Got an early start on pruning this morning and just finished everything!! Crepe Myrtles, Apple Trees, and Shrubs are done, still have to pick up all the trimmings, but they're all stacked so that won't take long with the tractor and loader tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that now that I've sat down, there might be some difficulty getting back up. LOL

Most reactions

Back