What's new

The Coffee House

Roller coaster weather, 65 high yesterday, today 40, back up to 50 tomorrow, creeping up to a high of 70 on Thursday. Plus, all the ups/downs have given me the sniffles...........:icon_pissedoff:
 
Dusting of snow (<1") last night, melted before noon.

Tool MLSIL to the animal shelter to look at cats. There were a couple pretty males but she really wants a female. Maybe next weekend.
 
We have snow. On the ground and evergreens. Would be pretty and scenic but everybody thought winter was over!! Too cold to melt but warming up tomorrow. Not much more than dustings this winter so I fgure we'll get snow in April!
 
We got about 5 inches of snow Friday. Today is warmer and melting. Should hit 60 degrees in a few days and plan on a walk. With the snow days I've been painting and dejunking. Feels like all I'm doing is rearranging the trash treasures.
 
More snow here overnight yesterday. Cold and windy today. Basement grow-ops just started that offer some hope--hah! Micro-greens experiment just sprouted under lights. Looking forward to spring 2024 at the family ruin!

IMG_1918[2760].webp
 
Just back from a lunchtime walk with the dog at one of our local woodlands. Stuck seasons in full swing here. No snow in the ground, nothing in bloom, dead branches all along the ground after last week’s storms. Looking forward to seeing the trees in bloom and the tulips emerging.
 
Frost this morning, currently 55 with Sun. New week....New warming trend.
 
Just back from a lunchtime walk with the dog at one of our local woodlands. Stuck seasons in full swing here. No snow in the ground, nothing in bloom, dead branches all along the ground after last week’s storms. Looking forward to seeing the trees in bloom and the tulips emerging.
We've been about the same. I can't decide if I'm imagining some buds on a tree across the street, or not. We're due for a warming trend this week, so if they're real they'll start to get bigger.

Still piles of snow in the shady areas, but it was sunny today and the house felt nice. We never got out of the 30sF today and it was breezy out there. Deceptive and teasing! :grumpy-36:
 
Wow, weatherman calling for 61 today, 69 tomorrow. Only bad thing for us is the warmer temperatures means the "yellow scourge" (pine tree pollen) is just around the corner. The cursed yellow dust fills the air like a fog, settles on everything, and plugs the Sinuses.
 
We've been about the same. I can't decide if I'm imagining some buds on a tree across the street, or not. We're due for a warming trend this week, so if they're real they'll start to get bigger.

Still piles of snow in the shady areas, but it was sunny today and the house felt nice. We never got out of the 30sF today and it was breezy out there. Deceptive and teasing! :grumpy-36:
Our walk last week we stopped and looked at tree branches for buds a few times. Is it a bud? could be maybe no :lol:
 
I'm listening to a podcast about various "-ologies." This one is on quantum physics; I'm completely lost and getting a headache.
 
I'm listening to a podcast about various "-ologies." This one is on quantum physics; I'm completely lost and getting a headache.
My brother is a Theoretical Physicist versed in quantum physics, and I'll start talking with him and he'll just leave me behind in the deep brush. I sent him this poem generated by Chatgpt 4 for his birthday this year. I thought about sending him a cat, but I wasn't sure if it would arrive dead or alive.

Happy birthday to you,
you're a quantum star.
You can be in two places, both near and far.
You're always uncertain, but that's okay.
You make the world brighter,
with your photon ray.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom