What's new

The Coffee House

I have heard folk speak about you tube and apart from the odd bit of music it's not something i use. The G kids laugh at me because I am so old school.
 
Happy belated birthday!!

I don't, and will not, have TikTok but yeah, so much of it ends up cross-posted on Instagram. Many of the ones that then show up as Facebook reels are so annoying. I try hard not to click on any that I know will annoy me so that the algorithm doesn't then show me even more of the same, but sometimes I get duped and it pisses me off! 😂 So then I spend a day or two watching every cat video I can so the algorithm resets itself and only shows me cute animal vidoes 🐱🐶🐢🦜

I watched one video of a ski lift run amok and now I am inundated with skiing videos in my feed. I don’t ski.
 
@SquarePeg: Hope you had a good birthday.

Federal geo-geek conference tomorrow and Wednesday. I went out and got my Senior subray fare card on Saturday, so I'm ready.

The past couple of work days have been spent writing and re-writing a script to update some data from the Coast Guard. I'm putting the finishing touches on it now.
 
I watched one video of a ski lift run amok and now I am inundated with skiing videos in my feed. I don’t ski.

Happy Birthday!

I can top your ski videos. DW and I were driving home from a memorial service for a relative that had been cremated. The conversation drifted onto the subject of cremation as an alternative to burial. We had never discussed it before, nor had we ever done any searches on the subject. The very next day both of our FB pages blew up with ads for Crematoriums and services. :tongueout:
 
Happy Birthday!

I can top your ski videos. DW and I were driving home from a memorial service for a relative that had been cremated. The conversation drifted onto the subject of cremation as an alternative to burial. We had never discussed it before, nor had we ever done any searches on the subject. The very next day both of our FB pages blew up with ads for Crematoriums and services. :tongueout:
Yes, it's creepy. A similar thing happened to us. I think we somehow touched on buying a new mattress, or something that isn't routine like that. Next thing we knew, there were the ads. Not on FB cause we don't go there, just general sidebar ads popping up while surfing. Repeat: it was creepy.

I have an ad killer now.
 
@SquarePeg: Hope you had a good birthday.

Federal geo-geek conference tomorrow and Wednesday. I went out and got my Senior subray fare card on Saturday, so I'm ready.

The past couple of work days have been spent writing and re-writing a script to update some data from the Coast Guard. I'm putting the finishing touches on it now.
Your job makes me tired!
 
Beanpot championship score after 1st period of play -
BU 1 Northeastern 0. (That's Boston U. for you non hockey fans or those who don't live in or know the Boston area.)

That score needs to change.

Not that I hate BU, I mean Mike Eruzione our former Team USA captain of the '80 Olympic team played there, but...
Go Northeastern!! Go DogHouse!!!

I saw their student fan section at a local hockey tournament, they even take a condensed version of the DogHouse on the road. So now my Twitter is a battle of the two schools/teams on the second Monday in February.

'Stacy's mom has got it goin' on...'
 
Strangely stalking ads:

Years ago, the admin aide office I was in was trying to create a "Welcome" type banner for a Russian delegatioin (one of their provincial governments, I think). to hep her out, I set up the message they wanted, in English, on a web page. Google hadn'r gotten on the scene, yet, so the easiest way I found to translate was a web service that provided limited free translations; all I wad to do was provide a URL. Having done that, I gave her a translation that she printed on the plotter.

Not long after that, I got a spam email for either some industial or publishing machinery, in Russian. I figured a 'bot found the translated web page and picked upo my email address from an adjacent page.
 
Update - Northeastern scored, then BU scored... Northeastern tied it up at 2-2. Then 7 seconds left in the 2nd, BU scored to go ahead 3-2.

Huskies v. Terriers, The DogHouse v. The Dog Pound. Yep, this game's a dog fight (bad pun! lol).
 
I heard a blurb on the news the other day about the Stanly cup. No, not that one, but a water cup by Stanley that has goptten very popular with the "mommy-blog" crowd, and apparently (if I heard it correcctly) Stanley is discontinuing. Well, one of the vendors at FGG (Fed Geo-Geek) is giving one away. I guess I'll have to swing by and see what all; of the alledged fuss is about.
 
Before the game The DogHouse tweeted 'T Minus 30 to Beans'.

Sign that says 'BU Butt Ugly'. What a rivalry.
 
Charlie I saw that... I don't get it.
 
NU scored again, tied at 3-3. End of regulation, going to OT.

And the Northeastern U. Huskies win another Beanpot! :trink39:

Winning goal in OT scored by a player named Gunnarwolfe Fontaine 🥅🏒, - as one of the NESN announcers said what a great hockey name.

When the team skated to the boards to celebrate, the way the glass was rockin' I wondered if a pane would pop out! lol
 
Last edited:
Snow day tomorrow, hosers!!

dance-dancing.gif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom