What's new

The Coffee House

I just saw the new Jeep Wagoneer S... is that even a Jeep? Really?
Old name re-introduced, like so many others (Gladiator, Ranger, Bronco, a while back - GTO). I think they are almost $80k to start. Not a thing for me - only two of us, regularly, occasionally three.
 
Last edited:
Old name re-introduced, like so many others (Gladiator, Ranger, Bronco, a while back - GTO). I think they are almost $80k to start. Not a thing for me - only two of us, regularly, three at the most.
It looks like my 2024 Honda CR-V. It looks nice, just not Jeepy enough.
 
But does the CR-V have 600 HP? Ours sure doesn't.
Lhe last year for the 392 hemi (Wrangler), too. A while back I said if I hit the lottery, I'd get a 1320 Club optioned Dodge Challenger.
 
I also have a CRV. It is the most uncomfortable car I’ve ever owned. I forget how uncomfortable it is until I drive another car - like when I’m on vacation or drive Princess’s old Pilot. I rented a Ford Edge on my trip to Oregon and it was fantastic! Very tempted to trade my CRV in then remembered that I will never buy another Ford.
 
1720698676365.webp
 
@SquarePeg I can relate, humidity has been horrible here. We've had a break the last couple days, but by the weekend it's back to steaming.

Hey any update on the hot tub? Pro/cons. I keep looking at them.
 
It has been so hot and gross here the past couple of days. Last night I had a surprise birthday party to attend. It was 90° and humid at 6pm. My hair and make up were melting in the few minutes it took to walk from the parking lot to the restaurant! The restaurant was on the water but it was not any cooler there. Thankfully the hostess had been smart enough to move the party from the outdoor patio into a private room with ac. Great party! I’m exhausted today.
 
@SquarePeg I can relate, humidity has been horrible here. We've had a break the last couple days, but by the weekend it's back to steaming.

Hey any update on the hot tub? Pro/cons. I keep looking at them.

We are enjoying the hot tub despite the heat wave! We had some family and friends over on Saturday and it was a hit. It’s roomy for two, big enough for 3 and a jigsaw puzzle of who’s legs go where for 4.

No issues so far. Been keeping the temp at 95° because it’s been so hot out. I’d say we’ve used it 3-4 nights a week after dinner and a dip in the pool. I’m sure it will get even more use in the fall.
 
Old name re-introduced, like so many others (Gladiator, Ranger, Bronco, a while back - GTO). I think they are almost $80k to start. Not a thing for me - only two of us, regularly, occasionally three.
The Jeep Grand Wagoneer is huge! Saw one the other day that was black. The back 3 side windows had chrome framing. Reminded me of a hearse.
 
I think you can get seating for 9 in them.
 
Major flooding here in Vermont again. Last summer it was July 10th and this year July 10th as well. What are the odds. I have some significant damage to my property. We had 4 inches of rain fall in like 2 hours but others had close to 7 inches in the same amount of time. So many wash outs and people stranded at their homes because bridges washed out. What a busy day.

Erwin-240711-89258.webp


Erwin-240711-89269.webp


Erwin-240711-89286.webp


Erwin-240711-89275.webp


Erwin-240711-89304.webp
 
Glad you’re OK. Sorry to hear about the damage. It is strange that it’s happening on the same day again. Do you know that because it popped up in your Facebook memories? I’ve had that happen a few times - a memory pops up and I realize the exact same situation is happening, three years later, for example.
 
Glad you’re OK. Sorry to hear about the damage. It is strange that it’s happening on the same day again. Do you know that because it popped up in your Facebook memories? I’ve had that happen a few times - a memory pops up and I realize the exact same situation is happening, three years later, for example.

I remember it being July 10th last year when it happened because I took photos in the same locations but last year it was night time when it happened. It was like Deja Vu - Swear I already did this before haha. What is sad is that people were still recovering from damage from last summer and on the same day exactly a year after they are back to square one again. Its devastating for sure.
 
Meanwhile in the Boston area they keep forecasting rain that never comes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom