What's new

The Coffee House

Martini vacation in Ontario! The LCBO(Liquor Control Board of Ontario)moves into a second week of its strike. All stores closed. Beer still available thru our "Beer Stores" and Ontario vino thru some supermarkets. Booze? Forget it. Tough on small bars that couldn't afford to stockpile pre-strike.
Happy I kicked iv Absolut/Bombay infusions...
 
Last edited:
Martini vacation in Ontario! The LCBO(Liquor Control Board of Ontario)moves into a second week of its strike. All stores closed. Beer still available thru our "Beer Stores" and Ontario vino thru some supermarkets. Booze? Forget it. Tough on small bars that couldn't afford to stockpile pre-strike.
Happy I kicked iv Absolut/Bombay infusions...
Canada without liquor? 😳😳😳
 
When will i come across a frog, i hear them but never see!
Screenshot_20240713-111631_Chrome.jpg

A frog hops into a workshop & sits on a bench, then croaks it😂.
 
It’s been very hot and nasty.
It's been rainy, humid but cooler here. Temperatures are not our issue this year - just freaking rain, rain, rain.

Beryl passed by on Wednesday - 2 inches dropped and we flooded in the backyard yet again. In a few more days we're supposed to get another inch of rain in a day. Stressful for the garden and the pollinators.
 
Glad you’re OK, nerwin. Luckily we’re on top of a hill so the creek would have to rise a lot to get to us.

We've reconsidered the trailer. No room top park it in the driveway, wo don't want top put it or the other vehicles in the street (unless MLSIL drives down) and I'm not ready to try and back it up into the back yard, so we are holding off on the trailer for the time being. We weill revisit this in a few months.

I've picked out the truck rack and options I want. The system is expandable but I'm only concentrating on the kayak setup right now. I'll probably try to get to a 1/2-day kayak fundamentals course in a couple weeks. Considering taking one to Maine next month.
 
Glad you’re OK, nerwin. Luckily we’re on top of a hill so the creek would have to rise a lot to get to us.

We've reconsidered the trailer. No ropom top park it in the driveway, wo don't want top put it or the other vehicles in the street (unless MLSIL drives down) and I'm not ready tp tru and back it up into the bach yard, sop we are holding odd on the trailer for the time being. We weill revisit this in a few months.

I've picked out the truck rack and options I want. The system is expandable but I'm only concentrating on the kayak setup right now. I'll probably try to get to a 1/2-day kayak fundamentals course in a couple weeks. Considering taking one to Maine next month.
You’re smart to take a class. So many people just hop in and paddle and get caught in the current and can’t get back to where they started. Especially if you’re planning on doing any sea kayaking.
 
You’re smart to take a class. So many people just hop in and paddle and get caught in the current and can’t get back to where they started. Especially if you’re planning on doing any sea kayaking.
Though it's been a long time, I've done a bit of stillwater and light current canoeing - a few ponds, the C&O Canal, and the Patuxent River. I'll do the same with the 'yak until I get some experience. One of the things I want to do is go see the Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay.
 
Just on the news apparently there was an assassination attempt on Trump at PA rally. He walked off stage and reportedly okay with minor head wound.
 
Interesting evening, opened a sample bottle of my latest fig wine creation, bottled June 1 of this year. It's a new direction for me with toasted oak rapid aging on the final rack. It's still early for this batch but the oak finish is already coming through. New batch now on its 3rd rack, will up the oaking to add another day when the time comes, but right now I'm really enjoying my handiwork. The fig trees are currently loaded with new fruit so looking forward to 24-25.

On a side note, DW was cleaning cabinets and found a bottle of 2014 Wolff Wineries Syrah that former member Gary A sent me, I'd totally forgot about it. After aging for 10yrs, a little longer won't make any difference I guess.
 
I really only use wine for cooking, so I don’t know if it actually “ages” in the bottle.

MLSIL decided she wants to go to a Jeep fest to benefit St. Jude’s in September. One event is a rubber duck race. I think she bought five ducks. I told her I’ll plaster the truck with mud and shoot for “The Dirtiest Jeep” prize. 😁

I have 580 consecutive days (93 weeks) reading in the Kindle app on the tablet; 64 titles, though some were shorts. MLW signed up for Kindle Unlimited which is like a library so I check out the first of a series and if I like it, I’ll get the rest.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom