What's new

The Coffee House

really only use wine for cooking, so I don’t know if it actually “ages” in the bottle.
All wines benefit from some aging after bottling, but not all wines age equally. Most fruit wines they recommend 6 months to a year for a smoother finish.
 
A hiking snow adventure tomorrow up the big mountain, thats if i can get to the carpark. There's 2 things i want to photograph in the snow/ice, but the trail path is gonna be hidden over.

I try but im not going outta my way to get lost up there.

Edit. Thursday seems a better day actually👍.
 
Last edited:
I recently saw a video about Canadian animation on YouTube. That brought to mind Emru Townshend who died about 16 years ago from a form of blood cancer. He was active in the Canadian animation community and had a print magazine on the topic. Not just money, Emru needed genetically compatible blood donors (at least one, but more "safely" more than one), who, unfortunately were not found.

"Searching for a Donor - Emru on CTV News", posted Apr 26, 2008, by "HealEmru" [length 2:30]
""
 
Last edited:
Thermo's of hot tomato soup + bread, a triple smoked ham cheese & tomato sandwich with tomato relish n' salt and pepper for the adventure.
 
Widespread power outages in Toronto due to heavy rains and flooding today. Pleased to be an ex-Torontonian!
 
All wines benefit from some aging after bottling, but not all wines age equally. Most fruit wines they recommend 6 months to a year for a smoother finish.
If it's been in an upper cupboard for the last 10 years, you might want to move that syrah from Gary down to a cool dry place. Got a cellar? As long as it's cool a little humidity won't hurt it. But heat is a wine killer.
 
Widespread power outages in Toronto due to heavy rains and flooding today. Pleased to be an ex-Torontonian!
You got what rolled through here starting around 2am. We already had the pool pump over the backyard well/tank so we evaded another flood.

Wet, wet, humid, and oh yeah - wet! summer we're having this year. Not particularly hot, just won't dry up between these big storms. Yuck.

My Joe Pye Weed plants are over 6 ft tall already and starting to bloom. :lol: The pollinators are gonna go nuts.
 
You got what rolled through here starting around 2am. We already had the pool pump over the backyard well/tank so we evaded another flood.

Wet, wet, humid, and oh yeah - wet! summer we're having this year. Not particularly hot, just won't dry up between these big storms. Yuck.

My Joe Pye Weed plants are over 6 ft tall already and starting to bloom. :lol: The pollinators are gonna go nuts.
It was pretty bad. At one point I did not realize that there was a fairly deep pool in front of me and I put my foot on what I thought would be maybe 1/2 inch of water and my foot sank down about 8 - 10". I lost my balance and my other foot went down about the same. That pair of shoes (vinyl tennis shoes) is now drying, as was my pants. I'm well, but annoyed. Power was out most of yesterday, and then they shut down the neighborhood again this morning from about 9:00 - 12:10. The time waste was bad too.
 
It was pretty bad. At one point I did not realize that there was a fairly deep pool in front of me and I put my foot on what I thought would be maybe 1/2 inch of water and my foot sank down about 8 - 10". I lost my balance and my other foot went down about the same. That pair of shoes (vinyl tennis shoes) is now drying, as was my pants. I'm well, but annoyed. Power was out most of yesterday, and then they shut down the neighborhood again this morning from about 9:00 - 12:10. The time waste was bad too.
Always fun to see cars--typically pricey ones--floating in the track underpasses along Dupont. Usually 3-4ft deep.
 
It was pretty bad. At one point I did not realize that there was a fairly deep pool in front of me and I put my foot on what I thought would be maybe 1/2 inch of water and my foot sank down about 8 - 10". I lost my balance and my other foot went down about the same. That pair of shoes (vinyl tennis shoes) is now drying, as was my pants. I'm well, but annoyed. Power was out most of yesterday, and then they shut down the neighborhood again this morning from about 9:00 - 12:10. The time waste was bad too.
That sucks!! Glad you got through it all right.
 
Welp, moved into the new home and of course Shelby had to get into the first of many empty boxes to play in.......
IMG_20240717_113241__01.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom