🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

The Coffee House

Back from a week at the beach, finally getting some rain now. We'll see how much, hopefully enough but not too much.

Hope y'all had a nice weekend, we've had a busy 3 days and didn't go anywhere really. Lil'bit has been here since Friday (goes home today), while mom was working this weekend. Friday was mostly prep day, for me, put 25lbs of Butt, Ribs and chicken in the smoker Saturday morning early. While it was doing it's thing, took Lil'Bit to a local indoor trampoline park to work off some of that excess energy. Then back to the house to unwind for a bit before the meat came off the smoker. Had an early supper of Ribs, Chicken, Carolina Slaw, Baked Beans and corn on the cob. Desert was DW's tasty Apple/grape/orange/nuts and yogurt salad. Pretty much blew the diet yesterday. This morning attended early service, out to eat (Lil'Bit's compulsory trip to McDonald's). This afternoon, cleaning up my smoker and grates, followed by supper of Pulled Pork/slaw/ sandwiches with a vinegar based Carolina style BBQ sauce, leftovers, and our first sliced tomato of the year (off our own plant :chuncky:). Next week appointments early then back to the lake weather permitting.

Howdy Hosers! Where did the weekend go? I raised two sprinkler heads, which was a joy to work on in the sweltering heat and humidity. The previous owners did a lot of DIY and they buried the sprinkler heads below the surface, which reduces their duty life among other things. With the new sod having been put down, several of the sprinkler heads were no longer clearing the grass, so I had to raise them. I've decided that working in wet, gooey clay is preferable to trying to dig in hard, packed clay, so not only was it hot and humid but muddy too, and of course, the minute your hands are covered in mud, your glasses will slide and you'll get an incredible itch on your nose. 😂

In other news, one of my granddaughters and I will be going on a road trip, where she will get to meet great aunts and uncles and a great grandmother she's never met. We plan on visiting the Cincy Zoo in Ohio, and then spend a few days in Richmond, VA. Should be a lot of fun, but a lot of driving. Good thing I like her music, but she's going to have to listen to some of mine, too, which consists mostly of classic rock and classic blues (early Fleetwood Mack, Gary Clark Jr, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc) and some 80's New Wave and 90's Alt Rock (Cars, Blondie, Cheap Trick, Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Gold Finger, etc). I have a Samsung NX2000 with a 20-50mm AF lens sitting in a drawer that I'll lone her, so she can learn a bit about photography on the trip. Should be a fun trip.

You'd shouldn't suffer too badly, Jeff! A nice trip. Important to check in with clan elders. So enjoyed re-connecting with my great-grandmother years ago--a young bride when she rode in the last Oklahoma Land Rush of 1895.

Hope anyone along the Gulf Coast is safe.

I made it out to the mountains today. Drove a bit on the gravel roads hit one little mud patch (enough to color the tires, but no fishing. The water levels in the streams I was near were too low. I was on a road that forded a stream and it was just bare rock and what looked like arain puddle.

I took a very short walk to an overlook and got a pano, and saw this little fellow. I think it's an Eastern Fence Lizard.

cmw3_D750_5302.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Looking southward; the center is roughly southwest.

cmw3_d750_DSC_5284-Pano.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Hope anyone along the Gulf Coast is safe.

I made it out to the mountains today. Drove a bit on the gravel roads hit one little mud patch (enough to color the tires, but no fishing. The water levels in the streams I was near were too low. I was on a road that forded a stream and it was just bare rock and what looked like arain puddle.

I took a very short walk to an overlook and got a pano, and saw this little fellow. I think it's an Eastern Fence Lizard.

cmw3_D750_5302.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Looking southward; the center is roughly southwest.

cmw3_d750_DSC_5284-Pano.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
Pretty sure he's an Eastern Deck lizard😉.

I'm wondering if I'm in the wrong place? It seems that an awful lot of posts feature Flora and fauna.
Not so much my 'thing'.

I shoot the occasional flower/landscape/still life, birds/bugs aren't really my thing, in studio is my main interest. That said there's a wide range of galleries on TPF, that cover all the interests. Check them out and post/comment.

I'm wondering if I'm in the wrong place? It seems that an awful lot of posts feature Flora and fauna.
Not so much my 'thing'.
If you select the Forums tab above and then scroll down to Photo Galleries, you will see all sorts of wonderous things from astro-photography, to architecture, to street photography, and more. ;)

So my final walk through went well for the new house. One small leak in the basement do to a not fully closed window, easy fix.
Plus when the seller went to hook up the ceiling fans she found a short and spent $2000 on new wiring for the 2 main rooms. LOVE this seller!

So my final walk through went well for the new house. One small leak in the basement do to a not fully closed window, easy fix.
Plus when the seller went to hook up the ceiling fans she found a short and spent $2000 on new wiring for the 2 main rooms. LOVE this seller!
That's awesome! Our seller did the opposite and went to great lengths to hide things which we have slowly been discovering over the past couple of years. When we found things prior to closing, he grudgingly fixed them, but there are still things that are popping up that we have to deal with and it has cost us quite a bit.

Our seller did the opposite
Sounds like the 2nd house I tried to buy. Seller listed it like you can just move right in but after the inspections I found about 20k worth of work and the seller (corporate entity) refused to anything until pressed by my realtor but then still was hesitant to do anything. I looked at that listing again it says "Back on the market, buyer got cold feet". WRONG! They should have listed it as-is. Just glad I found this other house.

It hasn't been long since I bought my first house (coming up on 4 years in a few weeks) and I still remember how exciting it was, and now I'm very exited for you! That feeling when you get that key in your hand! :pumpformylove: Speaking of which - don't know if you heard this or thought of it yourself already, but my suggestion is that the first thing you do is to change the locks.

In other news, hosers, I got my tooth yanked this morning. I insisted on sedation, just like with my wisdom teeth, so the procedure itself just felt like a short, very weird, psychedelic nap. It's only one tooth so not as bad as four teeth at the same time, but I still have enough soft food to last me several days, as well as some cold brew coffee concentrate so I can still have my morning coffee while waiting to be able to drink hot liquids.

The healing is what it is. I am good with following directions and my wisdom teeth extractions healed very well (knock on wood). Now I will have about three months to obsess anxiously over the physical and economical prospect of the upcoming implant process. :eek-73:

Zelda spent the first two or so hours after I got home glued to my side. Here she is telling me to stop the jammin' whining and harden the jam up.

1720555724350.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back