Howdy Hosers! Where did the weekend go? I raised two sprinkler heads, which was a joy to work on in the sweltering heat and humidity. The previous owners did a lot of DIY and they buried the sprinkler heads below the surface, which reduces their duty life among other things. With the new sod having been put down, several of the sprinkler heads were no longer clearing the grass, so I had to raise them. I've decided that working in wet, gooey clay is preferable to trying to dig in hard, packed clay, so not only was it hot and humid but muddy too, and of course, the minute your hands are covered in mud, your glasses will slide and you'll get an incredible itch on your nose.
In other news, one of my granddaughters and I will be going on a road trip, where she will get to meet great aunts and uncles and a great grandmother she's never met. We plan on visiting the Cincy Zoo in Ohio, and then spend a few days in Richmond, VA. Should be a lot of fun, but a lot of driving. Good thing I like her music, but she's going to have to listen to some of mine, too, which consists mostly of classic rock and classic blues (early Fleetwood Mack, Gary Clark Jr, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc) and some 80's New Wave and 90's Alt Rock (Cars, Blondie, Cheap Trick, Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Gold Finger, etc). I have a Samsung NX2000 with a 20-50mm AF lens sitting in a drawer that I'll lone her, so she can learn a bit about photography on the trip. Should be a fun trip.