What's new

The Coffee House

Probably old news to some here. Great spice for soups, stews, eggs, poultry. Sometimes tough to find but worth looking for, especially for winter dishes. Smoky taste, aroma that remind me a little of some tobacco blends I once whoofed when a snob pipe smoker.
Mild/sweet version more versatile than hot varieties. Good shelf life.

View attachment 281370

Just got some from Penzey's that's pretty good.
 
Just got some from Penzey's that's pretty good.
Penzey's is supposed to be a good store - have you gotten other things there? It was recommended to me awhile back for spices, and I forgot about it. :lol:
 
Probably old news to some here. Great spice for soups, stews, eggs, poultry. Sometimes tough to find but worth looking for, especially for winter dishes. Smoky taste, aroma that remind me a little of some tobacco blends I once whoofed when a snob pipe smoker.
Mild/sweet version more versatile than hot varieties. Good shelf life.

View attachment 281370
Found their trio pack, sweet, bittersweet, and spicy, on Amazon. Not a bad price at ten bucks<
 
Watering the garden beds late last night and i got to see one of the maggies take his first flight from the nest to my backyard. He done well, a bit wobbly but Mum & Dad followed him on his maiden voyage🤪.

Was near dark so no pics.

Vaders birthday today and for a surprise Mr & Mrs Magpie were at the front door at 5:30am for some Wombaroo, they flew into the backyard and i went out there to be greeted by the new fledgling🤘...

Again no pics because it was dark and the rain shower was blowing the wrong way.

The 2nd maggie is still in his tree up the road, summoning courage for his turn... come on little man you can do it!
 
Cold, dreary mid-November Saturday. ALL winter prep done. What's next? Cook, Eat, Drink!
Old school Bolognese-style pork roast in milk with sage. Fave Macella Hazan recipe from the archives.
Stinks up the kitchen nicely!

BoloA.webp
 
Penzey's is supposed to be a good store - have you gotten other things there? It was recommended to me awhile back for spices, and I forgot about it. :lol:

I get a lot from Penzey's. They have great blends and a really good variety of single herbs and spices. They have small jars so you can try something out, and if you like it, you can buy in bags that are more economical and can be used to refill jars.
 
Last edited:
What did i concoct?
20190108_105511.jpg
20190108_112237.jpg
20190108_115711.jpg


End product is, Silver Thiosulfate Solution.
20190108_104304.jpg


Whats it for? Reverse sexing my pot plants for feminised pollen👍...
 
Last edited:
Latest forecast says tomorrow will be mainly sunny followed by a week of rain, so I took a camera out about 1:00-ish and this is what I got. A wall of cloud. I might get my sunny day yet, but it doesn't look like it so far:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_3045aRsz.webp
    DSC_3045aRsz.webp
    156.1 KB · Views: 39
Heya Hosers! Happy Monday! Countdown to Cayman begins. Unfortunately, it looks like it will rain most of the time we are there, just because. Can't win for losin' I tells ya! If I have to, I will lie on the beach in the rain. I'm going to have fun gosh darn it! 🤣

Forgot the other half of the post... dinner tonight was beef kielbasa cut up and sautéed with sweet onions and served over mashed potatoes with a dollop of sauerkraut on top. Scrumptious! The house smells like a Western Pennsylvania kitchen. 😋
 
Last edited:
BACK FROM DENVER! What a great game we saw there Broncos 38 Atlanta 6!!! Couple photos from the game my best friend has season tickets in row 7!

.
Broncos2-s.webp
Broncos1-s.webp
Broncos3-s.webp
 
Haven't determined if we're brave or getting senile. Headed out later this week for a few days in the Smokies with Lil'Bit. This will he the first multi day trip with us away from home. Is it possible to be excited and scared at the same time? 🤔
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom