The Coffee House

Mother Nature with her cold/warm/cold/hot/cold flashes is confusing the plant life just noticed our Christmas Cactus is blooming again.

My Christmas cactus is blooming right now as well. I didn't get any blooms at Christmas time though. I put it in a cool dark room for a month then put it in a sunny window and gave it some food and it bloomed.

My Christmas Cactus is about ready to bloom again. Two buds on it right now. Several "leaves" got knocked off another one, and they are in pots right now. Hoping to propagate them. I dipped them in rooting powder and then buried the bottom inch in soil.

My Christmas cactus is blooming right now as well. I didn't get any blooms at Christmas time though. I put it in a cool dark room for a month then put it in a sunny window and gave it some food and it bloomed.

We have two story floor to ceiling windows, one corner of which DW has taken over for plants (she calls it her green house). We've had this cactus for two seasons now, never moved from its spott. Last year it bloomed at Christmas on time, nothing after. This year it bloomed profusely over Christmas and is now once again loading up with buds.

We have two story floor to ceiling windows, one corner of which DW has taken over for plants (she calls it her green house). We've had this cactus for two seasons now, never moved from its spott. Last year it bloomed at Christmas on time, nothing after. This year it bloomed profusely over Christmas and is now once again loading up with buds.

Obviously it is happy in that spot and can never, ever be moved.

One of MLW's bloomed a few weeks ago; number two didn't.

IMG_1082.JPG

Most reactions

Back