The Coffee House

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by snowbear, Nov 1, 2014.

1. snowbear

snowbear fuzzy-wuzzy Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Have fun - wish it were me.

Yo . . . how ya been?

2. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Paul!!! :boogie:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Eeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Is this going to keep up the rest of the afternoon and all night?? Probably. The cable company shows the weather service alerts for everything within like, 100 miles! lol OK not quite that many but it would be nice if they could just show it by county not everything in the tristate area and beyond! lol

I'm watching Lucille Ball movies on TCM, most of which aren't that great but still.
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

4. CherylL

CherylL TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, stay safe! We have been on a rinse and repeat with the winds/rain. This has been the summer of storms.

5. CherylL

CherylL TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I got a shot in the knee yesterday and some relief! On meds for the swelling and starting therapy next week. Hopefully I can get to my day trip wish list before summer is over. Short hikes and photos hoping.

• Like Like x 2
  6. vintagesnaps

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The cable is beeping about thunderstorms 90 miles east of me, and heading further east. They're covering an awfully big area! The thing is then you get so you just ignore it unless/until you realize it is actually getting close to you, but I guess it's better than not doing notifications.

Hope the shot helps your knee so you can get out and about before too long! There's a good bit of summer left so hopefully you can get in some picture taking.

7. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    @vintagesnaps hope you survived the storms last night. Rained here off and on all night, sometimes extremely heavy, but no storms.

I have to make a 6 hr round trip today to help a family member that I'm not looking forward to. The traffic is horrendous and the family member involved is a real PITA but I'm the only one left to help. Going to be a long day for me.

8. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  9. vintagesnaps

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's a shame for any business/factory but whoa.

We didn't even get a raindrop. I'm not sure why the cable keeps beeping alerts for sometimes 2-3 counties, a good hour and a half away (already east of here and moving on eastward). That's probably why it's getting so annoying, it would make sense if it was heading this way to give plenty of warning.

Today is brown truck, grass cutting, another delivery. I'm way better but not quite a ball of fire and don't really feel like having to put a bunch of stuff away, but then some of it is ice cream so that's some incentive!

10. davidharmier60

davidharmier60 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Hey y'all. I got all ready to do the Marquee and was told the add runs until tomorrow.
    So undid my preparations and got a bit over 5 hours. 15.10 for the week so far.
    Wouldn't have gotten rained on doing the Marquee but it is lightly raining in the area right now. Sister and Dad are off somewhere. I had a cheeseburger in the deli waiting on the check. Doing comics online now. Looks dark and ugly out the window....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. vintagesnaps

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Did the same thing here, I was dozing off and it started rumbling and getting dark. Did the TV start beeping at me?? no it did not!! lol Stormed awhile then brightened up and looks on the radar like spotted rain/storm clouds still coming. The weather guy said popcorn, I think he meant pop up! lol

The Jim Beam fire made local news, they said they think it might have started due to lightning.

I may not have gotten around to making a bourbon hot toddy but I got Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan ice cream. It's good. I ruined my appetite for dinner (who am I kidding? have chicken thawing).

Popcorn sounds good...

12. pgriz

pgriz Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

Yeah, it's me. Decided to pop in and see who's alive, and who's moved on. Had a very hard two years - wife had cancer (now in remission), along with both sister-in-laws who also went through cancer (also both in remission), then the increasingly poor health of my mother (95 years), and her death last Christmas day. Four more relatives (aunt, three uncles) also left this world. Arranging funerals, dealing with estate issues, etc. are not activities that bring smiles. On the plus side, expecting any day now my third grandchild, and my wife is exploring south-east Asia with a good friend. Did the photography honours for a nephew and his lovely wife for their wedding. So the camera equipment still sees use. But not of the type that needs to be publicly exhibited. Life.

At Easter, she and I went for a weekend in Boston, and thoroughly enjoyed being out of reach of urgent phonecalls and the like. Sure, we had our smartphones, but darn, kept on forgetting to check the messages.

So, Lenny, enjoy the cruise, breathe deeply of the maritime air, luxuriate in the company of your partner, and enjoy the chance to get away.

• Like Like x 2