What's new

The Coffee House

Gotta run for a couple of hours. Placement exams have started up again for new students who want to register for Spring, so I'm off to read their essays! If I find any doozies, I'll let y'all know :)
 
(And no, that wouldn't be much of a lawsuit here. Maybe some would try, but it wouldn't go far.)
oh, if I lived in USA I would fell in front of the car on purpose in this situation ;)
 
man, cloudy again. i cant catch a sunny day to save my life here...
i was still waiting for a nice sunny day to shoot in side those old mills since they have no interior lights. any thoughts?
You should move those Mills here. I look forward to a cloudy day so I can get the great shadows. :)
I am trying to put some thought into it, maybe i need to come up with a plan of attack. He told me a lot of the old machinery is still in one of them. This might sound stupid, but i have taken photos of these and walked around them for years and out of the empty ones only know of one time that was granted access for a crew shooting a movie and i don't even think they got full access. There is some old photos of the insides from they hay day but not much i have seen. i would kind of like to make a true to life current depiction with all the still and long time sitting machinery. Lot of people wont be into this kind of thing so it may sound dumb to them but for me it is like a Christmas present. i actually considered buying a full frame just because of this. i haven't as it would be going on a credit card but i wont lie i could almost justify it.
 
Might you be able to bring in some flash?
 
Might you be able to bring in some flash?
could (not that i am any good at flash photography). I might frig it up and make it look fake. Have these great bright spots with the obvious flash and then the other half of the frame dark. lol
 
Well, natural light is better. And flash does need to be done well in a scene like this. I now use flash during the day as fill and it works good but your scene is big and that would require big flash I think.
 
If you want the natural look, which can be really nice in places like that, take a good tripod and just do very long exposures. I recently did this in my mother-in-law's basement, where it is really dark without the overhead lights, which I didn't want to use. I did a lot of 30 second exposures, some of which even required going to ISO 800 to get good depth of field. I posted one of the shots this morning.
 
Good idea, just watch out for bright spots that might over expose.
 
Good idea, just watch out for bright spots that might over expose.
like the window light. And the time long exposure is great but i can see those minutes ticking by. I should probably just relax a couple notches on this. i feel like a wedding photographer doing their first wedding.
 
DSC_5642_3855.webp
 
There should be lots in that building. :-)
 
There should be lots in that building. :)
that is the highest they go at six stories.. i think that is building #4. The front sections is what i was told still has all the machinery. Probably biting of way more than i can chew here.
 
One step at a time. You don't have to shoot it all. There will be another sunny day even though it might not seem that way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom