What's new

The Coffee House

DSC_5689_3858.webp DSC_5717_3859.webp BRI_6745_3849.webp
One step at a time. You don't have to shoot it all. There will be another sunny day even though it might not seem that way.
yeah, honestly i don't even understand my own such fascination with it. Kind of like how some people like to walk through graveyards and look at old stones. Like going back in time. Certain mood to it. This is sort of that thing for me. surely not everyones cup of tea. And comparing my photos to some of the ones we have around from the historical society and such when it was all operational and booming. Like the first pic i posted in my other post of the building there, originally it had a railroad going through there i have bw circa 1900 of two kids riding there bikes down that stretch next to the train tracks. compare it to my current photo i look at all the differences. Took photos of where the track used to run too there is still remnants of it.
 
I get interested in old stuff too. Makes me think about how things were back then and what life was like. How did people spend their time?
 
Yesterday I posted a picture of a pile of leaves.

(reposted here)

DSC_0007 - Version 2.webp


Today I ran them through the shredder.

Part way done, stopped for lunch.
DSC_0001 - Version 2 (1).webp


All done!
DSC_0006 - Version 2.webp
 
Last edited:
I stuff my leaves in the composters or use them like bark to line the pathways in the rose garden. ... I wish I had a shredder.
 
Not nearly as fun to jump into.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #595
The county in which live allows leaved to burned. It is still a predominately rural county, though I am in a suburban area.
 
ok...

I was walking home yesterday, looked left and right before I stepped on pedestrian crossing to get to the other side of the road. No one was there so I naturally walked.
I made two or three steps when the car pushed me and continued to push me from my left side. I placed my hand on the car like I was a Superman and though I'll stop the car with my hand !? I even think I yelled at her while trying not to fell in front of the car.

Luckily she wasn't driving fast but she was't stopping either! She kept pushing me for a few meters. That's way my arm hip and leg hurt. I really don't know how I managed not to fall in front of the car considering that the car was completely pressed to my body and my leg and hips were in unnatural position while I was trying to "run" from it.

She stopped and I just continued to the pedestrian on other side of the road.

After the crossroad dozens of meters away, she stopped her car and called me to approach her. So I did. She was deeply disturbed, she was saying: "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking in front of me, I was looking behind... blah blah" So I ended up consoling her :)

I got to my house, got in the shower. Was pretty upset for a half of the day. Went to zumba, couldn't do it because it hurt.


Wow! Really glad you were not SERIOUSLY hurt. You are a better person than I, because I would have given her an earful AND gotten her insurance information and tag number too. Because often, when something like that happens, we are in shock, and the shock "numbs" our body so we don't feel the pain as much, but then the next day or several days later, we discover that we are more injured than we initially thought.

I'd say next time be sure to get that information and then go to a Dr.--but really, I think I'll just say, Don't DO that again!! ;-)
(not that you could help it that time…)
 
Well, I finished my slide show for the awards banquet ahead of schedule!! I'd given myself until 4:30 to get it done, which would have allowed me time to run through it once and make sure there were no glitches.

Instead I finished it at 3:45--had time to run through and test it, then take all my extra stuff I've collected at work over the last two days out to the car, bring in my outfit for tonight and get changed, and now I have about 30 minutes before I have to head to the conference site with the slide show file and camera gear to get ready for tonight.

Just a few more hours and this will ALL be over for FOUR more years!! The state transit conference rotates between the four largest transit systems--ours, Memphis, Nashville and Chattanooga. So we won't have to host again until 2018.
 
Marija, I am glad you are still around and kicking. Here in the US, I would have taken the driver's personal and insurance informations in case there were some medical complications (it is better to have the responsible party pay for the medical bills than your insurance) . But if you're in Europe, then you guys have socialized medicine and responsible party probably doesn't matter ... because it is all the same.

If you need a doctor, my best friend is a physician and a photographer ... he can sew you up and critique your images.
 
If you need a doctor, my best friend is a physician and a photographer ... he can sew you up and critique your images.

Yes, but can he bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan? He must wear Enjoli.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom