What's new

The Coffee House

Wow! Really glad you were not SERIOUSLY hurt. You are a better person than I, because I would have given her an earful AND gotten her insurance information and tag number too. Because often, when something like that happens, we are in shock, and the shock "numbs" our body so we don't feel the pain as much, but then the next day or several days later, we discover that we are more injured than we initially thought.
I'd say next time be sure to get that information and then go to a Dr.--but really, I think I'll just say, Don't DO that again!! ;-)
(not that you could help it that time…)

you sound like a real ma! :icon_hug:

and you're right, it started to hurt after.

I don't know... seeing how she was frightened .. and I thought that the same thing could happen to me too... well, I felt sorry for her. I kind of tend to forget about myself and concentrate to other people's feelings when something bad happens.

foolish I know...
 
Marija, I am glad you are still around and kicking.
awwww I think I like you Grumpy

Here in the US, I would have taken the driver's personal and insurance informations in case there were some medical complications (it is better to have the responsible party pay for the medical bills than your insurance) . But if you're in Europe, then you guys have socialized medicine and responsible party probably doesn't matter ... because it is all the same.
yup

it would just complicate things too much

If you need a doctor, my best friend is a physician and a photographer ... he can sew you up and critique your images.
Oh...he sounds like a really lovely person... I think I need him ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #618
GMYall.gif

Good afternoon, my sweet niece!


It's almost always like this at work.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #619
WTG, Lenny!!

Please remind me to get air in my bike tires tomorrow.

Put air in the tires! :D

I haven't been on my actual bike since last summer. Hopefully I'll get out more next summer. This past summer involved more hiking than other years, though, which is good.

Thank you.
vil2_vtt.gif
 
Good afternoon, Marija! How are you feeling today?
 
Good afternoon, Marija! How are you feeling today?
Good morning Leo!

I'm like the weather today... I would like to go home now after work and stay in bed...just lying, watching TV or something... or go somewhere to shoot... but neither of those are possible

How are you?
 
Doing okay. Glad it's Friday. Today I have class but then I also have to go to a training session to learn the new system of ordering supplies for my admin job. Good times, eh? ;) But at least it's paid.

But tomorrow is pizza and football! :boogie:
And because of pizza, tomorrow is also extra time on the bike! :048:
 
Hey, change it up once in a while ;)
 
The county in which live allows leaved to burned. It is still a predominately rural county, though I am in a suburban area.
Supposedly our city no longer allows leaf burning, but I came out of the house a couple of days ago and smelled burning leaves. Ahhh, that was wonderful!

When we lived in the country we burned anything and everything. Also had a wood stove.

Here, you can burn leaves in the county (unless there's a burn ban in place) but in the city, you have to have a permit to burn anything.
But the cost of the permit is almost exactly the cost of the fine for doing it without one; I think it cost about $10 more if you get fine. So it's one of those times when it's definitely better to ask forgiveness instead of permission.

I have a fireplace, AND a fire pit too now, so I get to enjoy the smell of burning wood all winter long.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom