What's new

The Coffee House

you sound like a real ma! :icon_hug:
and you're right, it started to hurt after.

I don't know... seeing how she was frightened .. and I thought that the same thing could happen to me too... well, I felt sorry for her. I kind of tend to forget about myself and concentrate to other people's feelings when something bad happens.

foolish I know...

Well, not foolish--sweet really. It's just that sometimes you DO have to make sure your compassion doesn't make you vulnerable to getting "taken."

And I *am* a real ma, so that's why I sound that way! I've got lots of experience.

My two sons, the oldest one especially, are the exact same way you are describing. And seriously, it makes me feel so proud of them that they have such compassion and empathy for others--but I've already seen it get my oldest in a bad spot several times, most recently with a former roommate (former only after much, much too long) and his last employer.

His last employer was sooooo bad, and then did something really underhanded that should have been the last straw. But he ended up "feeling sorry" for his direct boss because she'd already lost all but two of her employees in the last two weeks and he "didn't want to leave her in a bind." I was so very proud of him for that kind of compassion, but he had a really good line on another job and I was afraid he was going to lose that opportunity if he didn't jump on it right then. In the end, he did realize that he had to take the other job before they hired someone else.
 
Good morning and afternoon, my lovelies!

I survived the work marathon!!!! 43 hours in three days!
The slide show was a hit; I had many comments on it, and one person even wanted to know if they could buy a copy of it.

Actually slept late this morning--well, kinda. I woke up at about my regular time, at 5:15 a.m. I got up and took care of a couple of things and then went back to bed and actually managed to sleep until about 8:40 a.m., the latest I've slept in many, many months!

And now, I gotta start getting packed for my retreat. I was supposed to go with a couple of friends this morning to get the groceries we need for the weekend, but they sweetly let me sleep in and are doing the shopping for me! So I just gotta get packed so I can meet them in a bit.
 
Good morning, Sharon! :) Congrats on surviving the work marathon! And was there ever any doubt that the slide show would be awesome??

See you later, Sharon! I have to go to work :(
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. Sharon, I echo Leo, congrats on your slide show and finishing the marathon. Enjoy your retreat.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #635
OK. I have to say all of this in one post because I'm working on three different projects at once.

Marija: I hope you are feeling, at least a little better today. Don't push it - you don't want to make it worse.

Lenny: I'll be with you on the bike, in spirit - I've been trying to deny and thus delay back spasms. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Sharon: It's good to hear everything went well. Have a good weekend retreat - I'll talk to you when you get back.

The rest: Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Later, peeps.
 
Time for lunch!

kitty_cat_gifs_20.gif
 
Wow, this place was quiet yesterday.
 
Good afternoon Marija!
 
How's your Saturday so far?
 
How's your Saturday so far?
let's see... it's raining for a few hours, I had a chance to go out and shoot but the rain wouldn't let me. Now, I'm editing for a bit and making lunch... it"s grayling today
 
How are you?

Hey, I think we posted at the same time ;)

I'm going to do some work this morning, ride the bike or go out for a walk, and finish reading my book for the book club for Friday. The book won't take long. It's only something like 160 pages long, the print is large, and the writing is awful. I read for about half an hour last night and I'm already on page 50. So one more hour and I'll be finished.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom