What's new

The Coffee House

I'm sort of enjoying my Saturday, but I'm recuperating from surgery I had yesterday, so I can't really do much.

:icon_hug: Hope you recuperate nicely and quickly!
 
Watching football.

Crap. Vandy just scored. You know it's a bad season when we have this much trouble with Vanderbilt.
 
Woot! Gators got one back! We're tied now at 7-7.

Rangers are down 3-2, though :P
 
Watching football.

Crap. Vandy just scored. You know it's a bad season when we have this much trouble with Vanderbilt.
you know i am a guy, and i don't even watch football unless i have money on the game.
 
Well, I'm not a guy and I love football. I never bet on games. Well, I'll often bet a dollar or two on the over/under for the National Anthem time before the Super Bowl, but that's about it.

I watched Michigan vs Northwestern this afternoon and was watching Florida vs Vanderbilt until I left Buzz's house. Now I have to follow on the ESPN game cast because I don't get the SEC network :angry:

So far we're winning ("we" = Gators) but it's still the 3rd quarter and the Gators have been known to blow leads in the 4th. :048:
 
Well, I'm not a guy and I love football. I never bet on games. Well, I'll often bet a dollar or two on the over/under for the National Anthem time before the Super Bowl, but that's about it.

I watched Michigan vs Northwestern this afternoon and was watching Florida vs Vanderbilt until I left Buzz's house. Now I have to follow on the ESPN game cast because I don't get the SEC network :angry:

So far we're winning ("we" = Gators) but it's still the 3rd quarter and the Gators have been known to blow leads in the 4th. :048:
yeah, i know. i am odd. eccentric . whatever. i hear it all the time. i have to ask you the same question i ask everyone else though. Unless you have money on the game. why do you care who wins?
 
da da da da
 
yeah, i know. i am odd. eccentric . whatever. i hear it all the time. i have to ask you the same question i ask everyone else though. Unless you have money on the game. why do you care who wins?

Hey, I hear I'm weird all the time, too. Just for different reasons :)
 
yeah, i know. i am odd. eccentric . whatever. i hear it all the time. i have to ask you the same question i ask everyone else though. Unless you have money on the game. why do you care who wins?

Hey, I hear I'm weird all the time, too. Just for different reasons :)
just don't get it. like we have the new England patriots. would i like them to win? hey, sure. why not.
does it really matter?
probably not. unless i bet on it.
if i bet on it am i betting a spread?
so does it really matter even then if they win?
well i am from new England.
so does this team represent me somehow as i am from new England and the team is called the new England patriots?
well, probably not. And if they did would it matter if they did? Is there like a football bonus point card for everyone in each teams zone where we get free lolly pops or anything?
Don't think so.
well what about routing for your "local boys?"
well. are they even local? how many hours away is that team?
does that matter.
no.
because how much of the team is even from newengland?
this isn't like the guy down the road.
so why watch football.


i cant say much though, i watch pool, soccer occasionally.... martial arts tournaments if i am lucky enough to find one, rally racing (not that it is ever on they just play that nascar crap)...

i basically live on line, they don't play most of what i watch on tv i hardly ever watch tv..
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #703
yeah, i know. i am odd. eccentric . whatever. i hear it all the time. i have to ask you the same question i ask everyone else though. Unless you have money on the game. why do you care who wins?

Hey, I hear I'm weird all the time, too. Just for different reasons :)

 
There are a lot of reasons people choose teams, I suppose. Pride in their hometown. Solidarity, to show they are part of the group and they fit in. A way to share in the accomplishment of an athletic endeavor.

When I was a kid growing up in the NY metro area, of course there were several NY teams to choose from. I decided I liked the Jets, Mets, and Nets because they rhymed. Then the Nets moved to Jersey and I didn't like them anymore because they were traitors. The hockey teams didn't rhyme, but I knew that the Rangers were my team. They just were.

I lived in Pittsburgh and enjoyed it, so I like their sports teams, too. I really don't care about baseball, but if the Pirates were in the World Serious, I would cheer for them. If the Pens ever play my Rangers, though, then it's too bad. Rangers all the way.

But really, the sport that gets most of my attention is college football. UFlorida is my alma mater, so of course I'm cheering for the Gators and I don't ever stop being a fan. The excitement and camaraderie of those games are associated with a very important time in my life. I loved college, and cheering for my school's team is a way of maintaining that connection. I don't feel the same emotional connection to any pro team the way I feel about the Gators. Hockey and the Rangers come close, but still not quite the same level.

Plus, I just love football :D
(31-10 Gators, 10 minutes in the 4th. Woot! Go Gators!!)
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom