What's new

The Coffee House


more my thing...
 
There are a lot of reasons people choose teams, I suppose. Pride in their hometown. Solidarity, to show they are part of the group and they fit in. A way to share in the accomplishment of an athletic endeavor.

When I was a kid growing up in the NY metro area, of course there were several NY teams to choose from. I decided I liked the Jets, Mets, and Nets because they rhymed. Then the Nets moved to Jersey and I didn't like them anymore because they were traitors. The hockey teams didn't rhyme, but I knew that the Rangers were my team. They just were.

I lived in Pittsburgh and enjoyed it, so I like their sports teams, too. I really don't care about baseball, but if the Pirates were in the World Serious, I would cheer for them. If the Pens ever play my Rangers, though, then it's too bad. Rangers all the way.

But really, the sport that gets most of my attention is college football. UFlorida is my alma mater, so of course I'm cheering for the Gators and I don't ever stop being a fan. The excitement and camaraderie of those games are associated with a very important time in my life. I loved college, and cheering for my school's team is a way of maintaining that connection. I don't feel the same emotional connection to any pro team the way I feel about the Gators. Hockey and the Rangers come close, but still not quite the same level.

Plus, I just love football :D
(31-10 Gators, 10 minutes in the 4th. Woot! Go Gators!!)
My Trojans had a bye this week. But ASU kicked a lot of Irish butt. (Okay ... not really kicked butt, it was an interesting game with ASU holding on for the win.)
 
Last edited:
Humans love "spectating." And football is less brutal than coliseums, swords and spears.


send out some roman slaves with swords and spears i would probably watch..
 
My Trojans had a bye this week. But ASU kicked a lot of Irish butt. (Okay ... not really kicked butt, it was an interesting game with ASU holding on for the win.)

Gators beat Vandy!

And there's another reason for choosing loyalties. I have no horse in the race outside of the SEC, so I choose by either people or events. Ok, I also went to Pitt, so there is that. Buzz's mother comes from a Michigan family so I inherit that loyalty and the rivalry with Ohio State. Plus, when the Gators played them for the Championship, they were so obnoxious because they were the favorites and so I also have my own reason to not like them. (And we swatted them around like flies in that game!)

And now I support Derrel's Oregon Ducks and Tio Gary's Trojans. I even have some more favorable feelings towards Sharon's Vols, even though she still hates my Gators!

And no one likes 'Bama. Just because ;)
 
wow. that is a old one..
 
Finished my coffee, scanned the paper, took Cook for her walk, trim and mowed the backyard, planted a poppy and some other stuff. Sunny and 72F right now. I'm gonna look for some breakfast.
 
Started my walking routine again, exactly 4 months from stopping due to another surgery. Walked 2 miles, ugh! Out of shape!! Out at the refuge now, the colors are slow to appear this year. We have a good frost coming Wednesday, so I'm thinking next week it'll be getting close to photo time.


Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
 
did outside portraits of neighbors daughter. shot baby portraits of a friend of ours. now my day is done....
 
one very ticked off baby.....lol

BRI_7456.webp
 
I put the 70-200 on 7D for shoulder rehab and strengthening.


Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
 
BRI_7434.webp

girl was great though. I really have no portrait setups I basically do outdoor snapshots....lol
 
I put the 70-200 on 7D for shoulder rehab and strengthening.


Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
sounds fun..(not really)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom