What's new

The Coffee House

I just realized the guy at the camera shop ripped me off on the Nikon kit that I bought.

I bought a N80 and Manual lenses. No AF lenses which were available at that time !!
What a rip-off !!

of course, this was probably over 10 years ago now.
live and learn.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #888
Go back and kick his @$$. He's probably using a walker by now, so it might be pretty easy.
 
Just got back from the shelter. I got to interact with the kitties more. I helped clean the cages in the intake room, where they keep cats separated from each other when they are first brought in (to make sure they aren't infected with any diseases), or a few of them who just have a cold or have kittens.

There was one little black kitten named Greebo...oh, I fell in love instantly! :586::586::586::586:
We take the cat out of the cage and put it in a carrier or an empty cage while its cage is being cleaned. When I picked up little Greebo, he started purring louder than any kitten I've ever heard, and he snuggled right up to my neck. I kept hold of him as long as I could while cleaning his cage, and when he was back in his cage, he started chasing his tail. And he's still available for adoption. I can't handle a third cat and have serious doubts about if Zelda and Mrs Parker would share what small space they already have, but my mother might be ready for a new kitty...Hrmmmm...:barbershop_quartet_member:

All of the cats in that room just broke my heart in its own way. All of them were clambering for attention, just wanting a head scratch or a little play time.

Oh, a lot of so much heart-borken! :heart-borken:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #891
WE WANT PICS!!

Believe me, if I could, I'd come up and get him. Two little girls are enough for us, right now.
 
I took a video on my phone. I'll get some screen shots at least if I can't upload the video. I got some of the others, too, including this GORGEOUS little Bengal cat who had the cutest little meow!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #893
I took a video on my phone. I'll get some screen shots at least if I can't upload the video. I got some of the others, too, including this GORGEOUS little Bengal cat who had the cutest little meow!

That's why I could not do that - I'd be tempted to bring them home.

We just have to get that big farm and start the refuge.
 
When you feel a connection to one of them, it's so hard to walk away, but in some ways, it's easier than I thought it would be. It's one thing to know conceptually how difficult it is to properly care for so many animals, and it's a whole other thing to see it first hand. It makes me more aware of what my limits are. If I had a bigger place to live, I'd be willing to take on another cat or two, but right now, it just wouldn't be a good thing for the cats I already have and for the kitten.

And so I'm learning to just be with them, give them as much love and attention I can, and sort of be in that moment just like they are. It's all very zen :)
 
Last edited:
But once I hit the Powerball, I am SO having a zoo! :) And then I can hire people to help me!
 
And NO Pomeranian's? Whats the world coming too!
 
And NO Pomeranian's? Whats the world coming too!

I would totally have Poms at my zoo! Just as long as they get along well with my cats, birds, other dogs, porcupines, goats, geese, and the donkey :D

My best friend had a Pomeranian when we were growing up. He was a funny little thing, so I've always like them.

Edit: To be clear, I've only got the two cats at the moment! The other animals are on my wish list.
 
That makes me feel better. :-) I'm not sure I want a zoo. I had 11 brothers and sisters. Now I'm off to lunch, maybe Mexican today.
 
Testing...
 
Nope. Let's try again...

No, it's not letting me upload the video. I'll try something else.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom