What's new

The Coffee House

I think he's a jerk for sure but I can't tell him that, I can't say something like that to a man that's older 20 years than me... or to threaten him with loosing body parts when he's much stronger physically than me...
I said something like I'm not comfortable a few times but nothing.

I think you can say that no matter how old he is. He's doing this to you because he knows - no, he thinks - you have no power. He's taking it away. But you DO have power. Now you need too figure out how to use it. Maybe this means breaking a social or cultural "rule" by talking to an older man that way, or by making his harassment explicit instead of letting him make it about you ("Why are you this way" he asks. So ask him back, "No, why are YOU this way? Constantly pushing, never hearing anything I say. Why won't you take the hint and leave me alone?")
 
I don't know where you are Marija - I gather not in the US. Usually there are official channels for complaining about this sort of thing, and although no one really wants to go that route and then worry about retribution from the boss or even the company, sometimes just mentioning that if all else fails you would do that can get someone's attention. Even in a culture where this sort of thing is more tolerated than it is here there probably is some mechanism that could be mentioned.
 
Maria,
Go the opposite direction!! Tell him you love him and get clingy!! He'll run for the hills! hehe
 
Leo, I noticed you were third! I don't know whether to say "Congratulations" or "I'm sorry." :laughing:
And Gary is STILL gonna blow through the first month's high post count, without even really trying. I think he's just a natural-born postwhore. :D

I'm also not really sure how to take the news of my current 3rd place bronze ;) And yeah, I think Garys's going to sail through November, too!

And Marija, I agree that with Sharon. Just read him the riot act and make yourself unpleasant to be around. Maybe he'll finally get the "hint" - and by hint, I mean the huge glaring neon sign that's about to crash into his face :)

Oh, and good morning, bri! Congrats on the coffee ;)
i was thinking maybe she could just tell his wife that he keeps hitting on her. That might do it.
 
And NO Pomeranian's? Whats the world coming too!

I would totally have Poms at my zoo! Just as long as they get along well with my cats, birds, other dogs, porcupines, goats, geese, and the donkey :D

My best friend had a Pomeranian when we were growing up. He was a funny little thing, so I've always like them.

Edit: To be clear, I've only got the two cats at the moment! The other animals are on my wish list.
Don't forget the Bunny Farm with the Guinea Pig barn.
 
sup bitches.
 
A sexual harassment lawsuit, a crazy cat lady's zoo fantasy, a new coffee maker, you know; the usual.
 
Maria,
Go the opposite direction!! Tell him you love him and get clingy!! He'll run for the hills! hehe

I tired that and next thing I know i had a wife.
 
Don't shower for a few days and then sit next to him all day!! Or!! Or, wear too much perfume!!
This is fun!!
Sit next to him and accidentally spill your coffee on him...ouch!! Cough and sneeze a lot!!

OR, you could sit next to him and let him take that next step of harassment and have **** to hangover his head!!
Let me at him!! I want to mess with him!!
 
Mention how hard it is to remember to use the right bathroom after your surgery.
 
And NO Pomeranian's? Whats the world coming too!

I would totally have Poms at my zoo! Just as long as they get along well with my cats, birds, other dogs, porcupines, goats, geese, and the donkey :D

My best friend had a Pomeranian when we were growing up. He was a funny little thing, so I've always like them.

Edit: To be clear, I've only got the two cats at the moment! The other animals are on my wish list.
Don't forget the Bunny Farm with the Guinea Pig barn.

There will be many bunnies and guinea pigs. Amy and I will be the overseers of the zoo :D

Oh and hamsters! All of hamlet's pictures of Poof have made me want a hamster, too.
 
Don't shower for a few days and then sit next to him all day!! Or!! Or, wear too much perfume!!
This is fun!!
Sit next to him and accidentally spill your coffee on him...ouch!! Cough and sneeze a lot!!

OR, you could sit next to him and let him take that next step of harassment and have **** to hangover his head!!
Let me at him!! I want to mess with him!!
I'll stick my nose into this and give a very unusual analysis. Probably against better judgement. But here goes:
There are always two sides to relationships. For Marija.
Just from reading the posts you have written (and like I say I could be way off, so you are allowed to slap me if you ever find me) you have a luring characteristic to your personality that is rather attractive. I'm sure this isn't the first guy that saw it.
On the other side this poor guy has a need for that characteristic and it's acting as a magnetic attraction. He of course has no clue as to whats happening. Just goes goo-goo.
So for you, you need to discover what that is and change it in you. Then the magnetism drops out. But, don't fight the guy as you just tie it up.
What I'm trying to say is that you can change someone else by changing you if you do it right.
So mishele is on to something here but only you can discover what needs to reverse.
Well, enough of my jabber.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom