What's new

The Coffee House

I'm from Minneapolis,Minnesota some 34 years ago. Now been here longer than home. I hate the heat too, so I stay close to the coast in the summer. My time is now through Easter. Love the winters here. Got tired of the freezing cold in Mn and of Mosquitoes.
I would love to visit Maine, I've heard it's nice.
 
I've noticed as I get older it doesn't take near as much to wear me out and I'm ready for bed by 8PM. But if do you'll be up at 3am. Damn!
But with the chinese you'll be hungry too! :-)
 
I am so tired. It's only 7:35 p.m. and I'm beat. Chinese tonight from the Golden Wall.

I used to work in a Chinese restaurant named the Great Wall Wok and Grill.
 
I think you guys have something in common now. :-)
 
I'm from Minneapolis,Minnesota some 34 years ago. Now been here longer than home. I hate the heat too, so I stay close to the coast in the summer. My time is now through Easter. Love the winters here. Got tired of the freezing cold in Mn and of Mosquitoes.
I would love to visit Maine, I've heard it's nice.

Though I love winter, I suppose one day...far in the future...I maybe could conceivably get tired of a harsh winter - not as harsh as MN, but NY ain't no slouch in the winter department. But I don't see that happening for a long time. Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about winter is driving in the snow. But I'd still need enough of a winter to require good heavy sweaters or a wool coat. And I need to be near water, so it'll have to be a coast...god, I have a lot of requirements! :D I swear, I know I am sounding high maintenance here, but I'm really not!
 
I think you guys have something in common now. :)

Buried deep deep deeeeeeep in the monster Leaderboard thread, Gary and I actually discovered we had so much in common that we decided to be long-lost relatives, so now I call him Tio :laugh2:
 
Winter is high maintenance. You will never realize what it is like to live without it till you do. Once I moved here, I could never go back despite all the nice things I gave up to be here. I wear a long sleeve flannel shirt from now till the end of June and that's about it. Otherwise there are lots of places that have unique things I would love to have but only during the good days. OK, off the soap box.
 
Winter is high maintenance. You will never realize what it is like to live without it till you do. Once I moved here, I could never go back despite all the nice things I gave up to be here. I wear a long sleeve flannel shirt from now till the end of June and that's about it. Otherwise there are lots of places that have unique things I would love to have but only during the good days. OK, off the soap box.

Intellectually, I get it. I understand why people get frustrated with winter. But I just love it! I would feel seriously depressed if it never got colder than long-sleeve-flannel-shirt weather. I am very aware that I'm in the minority, but then again, I'm used to that ;) I tend to hold uncommon opinions on a lot of different things.
 
And that is absolutely the most important thing. Making yourself happy. Do what you like I say. The rest will follow. You get to be you and life will blossom. Or something like that. :-)
 
Okay, fading fast and it's bedtime. Good night, Rick!
 
first to say

images


coffee is in front of me...

... and it seems like you were gossiping about me, so I'll now reply on some posts ;)
 
I don't know where you are Marija - I gather not in the US. Usually there are official channels for complaining about this sort of thing, and although no one really wants to go that route and then worry about retribution from the boss or even the company, sometimes just mentioning that if all else fails you would do that can get someone's attention. Even in a culture where this sort of thing is more tolerated than it is here there probably is some mechanism that could be mentioned.
This is a bit complicated... mentioning this out loud to anyone except you here (and of course the whole www ;)) is highly risky... Actually two people form tpf know about this because I sent them a pm on different occasions a while ago when I was highly frustrated with him.
One time he came to my office and just stayed here in silence for almost a half of hour. I was pissed off. Asked him: "Do you need anything?I'm busy." No he doesn't.
And ok, now I posted this here because I'm highly frustrated with him again.

I don't want anyone from the real world to know about this. It would cause so much troubles to lots of people f.e my father works in the same institution, his office in right across mine and it's next to this guy's office. They've been working together for many years. I simply can't imagine that my father knows about this.... and there's no some actual way to "fix" this situation in terms of some legal actions.
I would like to be able to fix it by myself.

Maria,
Go the opposite direction!! Tell him you love him and get clingy!! He'll run for the hills! hehe
that's not an option! he'd love that

i was thinking maybe she could just tell his wife that he keeps hitting on her. That might do it.
... as I heard, his wife is a nice woman who tries to keep the family together. She went trough really difficult times because he's used to drink a lot.... and actually, I'm not sure I could ever tell a wife those things about her husband.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom