What's new

The Coffee House

ok Rick... I'm not sure how to reply on this in the best way but I hope we'll manage something. I'll reply first on this part of what you've said because it's about my personality, the other part is about this particular situation

Just from reading the posts you have written (and like I say I could be way off, so you are allowed to slap me if you ever find me) you have a luring characteristic to your personality that is rather attractive. I'm sure this isn't the first guy that saw it.
Tbh I've never had troubles with getting attention from guys, and I'm aware that I have "a luring characteristic to my personality that is rather attractive" :)
That also means that I'm very well aware of my behavior towards men and "signals" I could give while interacting with people. I've been interested in human behavior since I was young so I'm analyzing everyone and everything including myself.

I would never slap you, don't worry :)

I'll stick my nose into this and give a very unusual analysis. Probably against better judgement. But here goes:
There are always two sides to relationships. For Marija....
On the other side this poor guy has a need for that characteristic and it's acting as a magnetic attraction. He of course has no clue as to whats happening. Just goes goo-goo.
So for you, you need to discover what that is and change it in you. Then the magnetism drops out. But, don't fight the guy as you just tie it up.
What I'm trying to say is that you can change someone else by changing you if you do it right.
So mishele is on to something here but only you can discover what needs to reverse.
Well, enough of my jabber.

Now with what I've just said above...

Rick, thank you for carefully choosing your words :) but you're wrong in terms of my behaving towards him


Just for things to be clearer... We know each other for a year or something. I have no idea when he changed his behavior because I really wasn't paying attention to it (or him) until he openly told me what he wants form me. We were alone in the car visiting some project site.
I told him that he should forget about it, that he made me highly uncomfortable and I wish that conversation never happened. Nothing will happen between us. Nothing and never!
He was just smiling and nodding, didn't really care what I was saying.
"Never."
"We'll see. This is how things are today but maybe tomorrow they'll be changed"
"No, they will never change. I don't want it. Stop talking about it."
"Ok for now... Tomorrow tomorrow"

I literary run from the car and him when we arrived to the workplace.

I've had a share of "men who were bothering me with their attention" but I think I've never had a man who acts like this for this long and don't hear when I say "No"

I was always nothing but polite with him and never, ever said anything or even smiled in a way that could give him some kind of a hint.
He backed off for a few days after that conversation but then just continued to behave even more sillier than before.
He's bringing me chocolate, asking silly questions just to talk something when he comes in the office, he's always checking me out whenever we meet in the hallway etc etc

I don't see any way I could change my behavior/personality or anything towards him. I'm pretty unpleasant around him but it seems like he just doesn't care.
 
Last edited:
This was a compliment
I know I know :icon_hug:


oh.... and I have a present just for you runnah ;)

Attachment.gif
 
Last edited:
ok ...enough of sleeping people!!!

wakeup-logo.jpg
 
ok ...enough of sleeping people!!!

wakeup-logo.jpg
Sleep? I'm on shift today.....sleep isn't an option.

We barely got into the station today before getting sent out to take a 2 month old to the pediatric ER.

Nothing like starting your day with a kid in respiratory distress.
Of course, the parents started THEIR day pretty much the same way.
 
Sleep? I'm on shift today.....sleep isn't an option.

We barely got into the station today before getting sent out to take a 2 month old to the pediatric ER.

Nothing like starting your day with a kid in respiratory distress.
Of course, the parents started THEIR day pretty much the same way.

Jason... posts about your job need to have "NSFMaria" tag

I'm :(
 
I'm up, I'm up!

I had to get up anyway.

I hope you have a very nice day today!
 
I am always up early, just not always on the web
 
I'm from Minneapolis,Minnesota some 34 years ago. Now been here longer than home. I hate the heat too, so I stay close to the coast in the summer. My time is now through Easter. Love the winters here. Got tired of the freezing cold in Mn and of Mosquitoes.
I would love to visit Maine, I've heard it's nice.

Though I love winter, I suppose one day...far in the future...I maybe could conceivably get tired of a harsh winter - not as harsh as MN, but NY ain't no slouch in the winter department. But I don't see that happening for a long time. Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about winter is driving in the snow. But I'd still need enough of a winter to require good heavy sweaters or a wool coat. And I need to be near water, so it'll have to be a coast...god, I have a lot of requirements! :D I swear, I know I am sounding high maintenance here, but I'm really not!

I know we've covered this territory before, but it bears repeating. I detest the cold. Truly despise it and have this deep sense of impending doom and gloom and despair about it.
And by cold, I mean under 60F. :D

Leo, when you tire of the really harsh winters, I think you could actually be pretty happy in some northern parts of NC. They get plenty of cold and snow, but not on the same level as NY and Maine and all those northern states. Actually, TN and KY get plenty of winter as well, but the nearest beach to me is 6.5 hours away--Charleston, SC.
This statistic saddens me. :boggled: (or perhaps it "boggles" me).

If I could have my East TN hills, my fall and spring and wonderful summer, and just be about 3 hours closer to a warm beach, I think I could survive the winters better. If I could get to a beach every few weekends and soak up enough life-giving warmth, maybe I could better deal with the awful cold.
 
Okay, okay! I'm awake!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom