What's new

The Coffee House

Selfies are hard to do .. missed focus on a bunch of them
abike-14a.webp
 
Welcome. Where, in Michigan are you? My lovely wife is from Monroe.

I live in the northern area of the lower peninsula, about 25 miles south of the Mackinaw bridge.

My bride was born in Monroe.
deja vu ... you two had this conversation last month. lol :1219:
 
Oh dude! Don't be showing me any bike pics. I have an Italian made Mondonico that looks similar to that. I bought in the 80's and rode for 15 years up and down the California coast. I have a few stories but not today. My bike has full Camponolo parts.
Now my knees are bad and my lungs are bad. No more riding for me but I still have the bike.
 
Oh dude! Don't be showing me any bike pics. I have an Italian made Mondonico that looks similar to that. I bought in the 80's and rode for 15 years up and down the California coast. I have a few stories but not today. My bike has full Camponolo parts.
Now my knees are bad and my lungs are bad. No more riding for me but I still have the bike.
I had a mauve painted Mondonico for a few years.
you might enjoy these ==> Bike Stuff - an album on Flickr
 
Great pics. Too bad I didn't carry a camera back then but I guess the digitals weren't out yet anyway. One of the best forms of exercise there is. Get great views and good cardio workout. I started from nothing and gradually worked my way up. I think my long day was 150 miles. I had a friend and we would meet every Sunday morning fro breakfast and ride all day. What a blast.
 
Great pics. Too bad I didn't carry a camera back then but I guess the digitals weren't out yet anyway. One of the best forms of exercise there is. Get great views and good cardio workout. I started from nothing and gradually worked my way up. I think my long day was 150 miles. I had a friend and we would meet every Sunday morning fro breakfast and ride all day. What a blast.
I'm so much out of shape right now ... but I'm working on it.
I miss those days of riding all day long, for fun, not racing.
 
Exactly, out for a good ride. We didn't go all day every time. Sometimes just short rides and sometimes others would join in. Sure took ones mind off of work.
 
Great pics. Too bad I didn't carry a camera back then but I guess the digitals weren't out yet anyway. One of the best forms of exercise there is. Get great views and good cardio workout. I started from nothing and gradually worked my way up. I think my long day was 150 miles. I had a friend and we would meet every Sunday morning fro breakfast and ride all day. What a blast.
I used to carry one of those Kodak instant cameras in my pocket on trips.
 
Well, it's not a road bike, but I've been riding the stationary bike I bought last week. If you missed it, in the interest of getting back into shape (and getting a head start on the holidays), I am putting $1 into a jar for every day I ride the bike and break a sweat. I've had it for 9 days and there's $6...no wait, $7 in the jar. I haven't put in today's yet. I reset the panel each time so I can track time, distance, and speed, but the odometer keeps track of total miles and I've got 73 on the bike so far. Yay!
 
They make those stationary bikes with video screens so you can be riding through the Alps or somewhere and you won't get bored. :-)
 
I used to carry one of those Kodak instant cameras in my pocket on trips.

I had used point and shoot film cameras way back in the 70's but I never did here for some stupid reason.
 
They make those stationary bikes with video screens so you can be riding through the Alps or somewhere and you won't get bored. :)
yeah but those are expensive.

I use an android tablet, netflix and watch a movie or something.
I have enough hills on my brain that I can visualize tons of my training regimes on the trainer.
 
They make those stationary bikes with video screens so you can be riding through the Alps or somewhere and you won't get bored. :)
yeah but those are expensive.

I use an android tablet, netflix and watch a movie or something.
I have enough hills on my brain that I can visualize tons of my training regimes on the trainer.

Yup, they're too expensive for me right now for sure. It was a stretch even buying this one, but I knew I needed to get moving and my usual tapes and walks were starting to really bore me. I can't afford to pay for a piece of exercise equipment and then not use it, so that alone is motivation! :)

I have it in my living room in front of the television so I can watch my stories while I ride.
 
I would never get a stationary bike. Way too many places here to walk and the weather usually permits it. It's one reason I have this camera. I knew it would get me outside. That doesn't mean I still couldn't do more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom