What's new

The Coffee House

They make those stationary bikes with video screens so you can be riding through the Alps or somewhere and you won't get bored. :)
I still have my first SuperGo trainer from the mid 1980s But use mostly a Cateye Cyclosimulator but also have a CycleOps fluid doohickie
 
I would never get a stationary bike. Way too many places here to walk and the weather usually permits it. It's one reason I have this camera. I knew it would get me outside. That doesn't mean I still couldn't do more.
I take pics of my bicycles inside :)
 
I rode my bike on snow and ice when I was attending college, but these days I put it away for the winter.
 
I rode my bike on snow and ice when I was attending college, but these days I put it away for the winter.
This is why I loved it here. My friend was from Toledo, Ohio and I'm from Mpls. It would be the middle of January and we are riding along the beach watching the girls and joking "Wonder what the people in Toledo are doing this morning?". :-)
 
Crap crap crap.

Just finished taking another kid to the ER.
Active seizures. Bad ones.
Had to break out the narcotics to stop it. Nothing like a convulsing child before dinner.

It's gonna be one of those shifts.
 
Crap crap crap.

Just finished taking another kid to the ER.
Active seizures. Bad ones.
Had to break out the narcotics to stop it. Nothing like a convulsing child before dinner.

It's gonna be one of those shifts.

I'm sorry:icon_hug: I hope the kid is okay and that the rest of your shift is desperately boring with no more calls.
 
Crap crap crap.

Just finished taking another kid to the ER.
Active seizures. Bad ones.
Had to break out the narcotics to stop it. Nothing like a convulsing child before dinner.

It's gonna be one of those shifts.

I'm sorry:icon_hug: I hope the kid is okay and that the rest of your shift is desperately boring with no more calls.

Aaaaaaand that's a big cup of nope.
Just got a call coming out for orlando going to Shands in Gainesville.
Emergency transport to the organ transport team.

Good times.
 
I rode my bike on snow and ice when I was attending college, but these days I put it away for the winter.
When I was in elementary school I used to ride on an outdoor ice rink. That taught me alot about handling. I used to ride all year long but after I stopped racing I only prefer nice weather.
 
first to say


good_morning-3800.gif
 
and now I'll try to reply on some posts
 
I know you feel like no one can ever find out about this, and I don't want to dismiss that feeling, but it might be the only way to get him to stop. Or at least the threat of telling someone might be enough to scare him off. I think embarrassment is the only way because right now, he thinks he's got you in a corner. He doesn't feel guilty and he thinks you're going to just tolerate it until you finally break down, and no one will ever be the wiser.

I say you make a scene one day. Don't make it about the sexual stuff - make it seem like you're upset about something else, something about work, or the chocolates he's trying to give you or something. And don't do it in an office. One day in the hallway when other people can hear, just start talking louder - say he's being too impatient about the project, or he's being too critical and that makes it difficult to do work, or "Why do you always have to check my work? I know how to do my job!" or something that will make other people look your way. "You know I can't eat that, are you trying to kill me?"

I think once he feels like other people are watching him, he'll stop bothering you. Keep interactions as public as possible.

In short, you need to embarrass him in front of other people.
We were interacting in front of other people lots of time, and I was rude to him numerous times. I was the one criticizing his work and he's the one backing off, not me.
 
we established some harsh regulations about sexual harassment in the workplace here in the states. It's unfortunate you don't have that protection.

Maria...You know, it's time to get down to business. You need to be as straight forward as possible. I would write him an e-mail giving examples of how he is making you uncomfortable. This does 2 things, 1. You tell him exactly how you feel and you don't have to be face to face. 2. It gives you a documented conversation. He is going to have to be very careful on the way he replies. He'll need to address the issue in a professional way. If he doesn't you'll have the proof of it.
(Just remember to keep emotions out the e-mail (anger). Be friendly but to the point.)
. <hugs>
This guy's actions are going to HAVE to come out into the light before anything happens. So you can either just continue to try to deal with it alone and be absolutely miserable for a very long time--because, as you've already discovered, NOTHING you say orally or do is going to dissuade him, OR you can decide it is bad enough to amp it up and make this an OFFICIAL complaint. Mish's idea is a good first step to that. Send an email; be polite and professional, but do NOT beat around the bush. State what is actually bothering you about his behavior. If he is making sexual advances, don't gloss over that. Call it sexual advances. Make it clear that you will not continue to tolerate it and he WILL STOP unless he wants you to "go public" with this problem.

Yep. It's nice because everything is still private. No one needs to know anything. He has a choice at this point to change his behavior and it's all over. If he doesn't, you have proof that you tried to take a high road and communicate with him about the issue. This is a win, win option for you. It also helps if things get messy. You have something documented on the issue. He can't make **** up 2 months from now if it goes bad.
I know you keep turning down all the ideas being thrown at you but it's time to really do something if you want it to stop

ok ladies... I'm turning down ideas just because things don't go like that here.

Sexual harassment here, in this particular case simply doesn't "officially" exist. He haven't done anything serious enough for calling this "sexual harassment" here
 
3. Find someone who is in authority over this guy and get some help in making it stop; get him moved elsewhere, or fired. This is just NOT okay, and it infuriates me that you feel so helpless to make him stop.
One of the authorities (he and I were sitting in the same office for about 5 years and he helped me a lot during those years and he's my "go to " person when ever I need something) was yesterday in my office, and while we chatted He came in the office.
Well, we changed the subject, He was talking about something and finally realized he interrupted us and He left the office.
After He left I told A that "He gets on my nerves, can't stand him etc" A tried to make a joke but I was not in a mood for joking and I said him again that I don't like He.
A said: "Oh M, maybe he likes you and wants your attention" and then I decided to tell him what's going on.
The comment from A (this is from someone who knows me and knows that I'm not a tolerant person, while he is a very tolerant person and he gets along with everyone. I don't get along with everyone. I can't smile fake)... so the comment was: "Oh M, don't be like that, the poor guy is probably in love, so what?" and of course we continued to talk and A was explaining me that I will certainly have similar situations in my life not from him only but from other man...I agreed blah blah but I was explicit in saying that I want He to stop and I don't get it why He won't stop if I told him....
"You worry too much M (as usual he meant to add) just let it go. He's harmless, and he's enjoying, just let him enjoy a bit "

And that's really all I could get from my authorities. That's not a big deal here.
 
Hi girl, How you doing today? I'm up a bit lat\e.
 
ok one thing more needs to be explained

I got a pm where someone refereed the guy as a creep... and I'll quote runnah here

Guys like that seem to target women the know won't "fight" back. He knows he can push you much further than normal and he probably gets off on that.

I was telling you about my feelings towards him. I hate the guy, can't stand him etc. I told you how he's pushy and annoying and all but I didn't say anything particularly bad about him as a person....

He's really not a creep and not a guy who can "victimize" me or any woman as a matter of fact. He's a man who really doesn't do this stuff usually. He's a hard worker and not womanizer. He doesn't have a power over me nor he tries to have it, he's more like an unwanted puppy hoping around and trying to get attention in a very clumsy way.
When I'm rude to him or telling him with my ugliest tone of voice that he didn't wrote something right he'll got angry a bit and then back off. After a few hours he'll come in the office bringing peanuts and smiling.

yeah... I know... here's me again feeling sorry for him...

But he is not a creep. I think he must be having a middle age crisis or something.

We have a creep here in this institution. And everyone knows what he's like. He had a several charges for sexual assault, he hits on everything that's female (teenage girls also) and he can buy everything he wants, like judges f.e. so none of the girls got anything from the case with him.
With him, I would do official complaint, e-mail, authorities and stuff... but, he's respectful towards me and he haven't tried anything with me.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom