What's new

The Coffee House

First snow (if you can call it that. Just a dusting.)
2014-11-14 07.41.41.webp
 
have a simple question for you girls

How much does the manicure cost there? Had my nails done last night
How much does the hair washing and straightening it cost? I do that every Monday after work

I'm not a good person to ask that; maybe Leo will know!

I've had exactly THREE professional manicures in my entire life; two of them in the last three years, and all of them since I was in at least my 40s. The two I've had recently aren't a good indication of price though, because one was at a super-fancy hotel (Gaylord Opryland Hotel) I took my mom to a couple of years ago as her Christmas present. The other was while on vacation in Charleston, SC. I think that one was around $40 USD, for a gel manicure and massage.
I've NEVER had a pedicure in my whole life--because I can't stand the idea of having someone else touch my feet.

I've also never had my hair straightened (which you can probably tell from my avatar, lol). I've never had it dyed, bleached, or anything other than just cut and styled. And I only do THAT once in a blue moon. Seriously, the last hair cut I got was last December; I guess I'm about due for another? I don't though; before that, it had been about 3 years between haircuts. :D
 

It started sleeting here yesterday afternoon, then turned into a sleet/snow mix. Nothing stuck, not here anyway. A little bit did stick in a county just to the north of us, and this morning, they had to shut down a portion of the interstate in that county due to a bunch of accidents caused by black ice on the road.
 
Got 5 inches last night.

And some snow too!!!
 
have a simple question for you girls

How much does the manicure cost there? Had my nails done last night
How much does the hair washing and straightening it cost? I do that every Monday after work

In my area, a basic manicure can go for about $10-20. For more specialized services are more. A gel manicure is around $30-40. Then there are tips and acrylic, airbrushing, jewelry...it can get close to $100 if not more in some salons (depending on where you go).

I don't know about the hair and blowout. I've never done it. A haircut in cheap salons is around $20-30 but in the nice salons it can again get over $100. There are bargain salon chains that do haircuts for $8 or $10, but then blow-drying is a couple dollars more, I think. I don't remember seeing any of them around here but there might be a few.

Oh, yeah, and when I *do* get my hair cut, I go to this place downtown that is a very exclusive school for hair stylists. Super inexpensive for some very quality work, AND they don't allow you to tip them.
This is not just a regular beauty school, although we have those too, where you can sometimes get a cut for free or less than $10. This is an "institute" and it's where people go who want to be able to work in high-end salons.
I think I paid around $25 the last time I went; that was for a shampoo, cut, style and blow-dry.
 
Better than coffee...
 
In my area, a basic manicure can go for about $10-20. For more specialized services are more. A gel manicure is around $30-40. Then there are tips and acrylic, airbrushing, jewelry...it can get close to $100 if not more in some salons (depending on where you go).
that's just crazy!!!!

I did gel and tips and a gel detail last night. She took down my previous tips and gel because that girls didn't know what she was doing. She spent 3 hours on my nails and I payed 20$

I don't know about the hair and blowout. I've never done it. A haircut in cheap salons is around $20-30 but in the nice salons it can again get over $100. There are bargain salon chains that do haircuts for $8 or $10, but then blow-drying is a couple dollars more, I think. I don't remember seeing any of them around here but there might be a few.
and that's just crazy too!!!!

My hair is curly, and thick. I always pay the highest price in salons because I have a lot of hair, and it's not easy handle it. Since I have this haircut I'm in the salon once a week, the hairdresser spend more than an hour on my hair and I pay 6$ for that. Haircut and all that's been mentioned are 10$. Dying hair once a month with all this is 15$

When I go to USA I'll just toss my master degree and be a hairdresser!
 
Last edited:
[
Oh, yeah, and when I *do* get my hair cut, I go to this place downtown that is a very exclusive school for hair stylists. Super inexpensive for some very quality work, AND they don't allow you to tip them.
This is not just a regular beauty school, although we have those too, where you can sometimes get a cut for free or less than $10. This is an "institute" and it's where people go who want to be able to work in high-end salons.
I think I paid around $25 the last time I went; that was for a shampoo, cut, style and blow-dry.
will you go with me and Leo at that place? :)
 
In my area, a basic manicure can go for about $10-20. For more specialized services are more. A gel manicure is around $30-40. Then there are tips and acrylic, airbrushing, jewelry...it can get close to $100 if not more in some salons (depending on where you go).
that's just crazy!!!!

I did gel and tips and a gel detail last night. She took down my previous tips and gel because that girls didn't know what she was doing. She spent 3 hours on my nails and I payed 20$

I don't know about the hair and blowout. I've never done it. A haircut in cheap salons is around $20-30 but in the nice salons it can again get over $100. There are bargain salon chains that do haircuts for $8 or $10, but then blow-drying is a couple dollars more, I think. I don't remember seeing any of them around here but there might be a few.
and that's just crazy too!!!!

My hair is curly, and thick. I always pay the highest price in salons because I have a lot of hair, and it's not easy handle it. Since I have this haircut I'm in the salon once a week, the hairdresser spend more than an hour on my hair and I pay 6$ for that. Haircut and all that's been mentioned are 10$. Dying hair once a month with all this is 15$

When I go to USA i'll just toss my master degree and be a hairdresser!

And add to that, most places you are also expected to tip the hairdresser! But to be fair--the hairdresser usually doesn't get much of that fee the salon charges. They often just get minimum wage, or less, and their tips.
 
Better than coffee...

nothing is better than coffee...

... except some :586: in the early morning

Agreed. Sorry, that's a good sound and all, but it's not better than coffee.

(Also sorry, but I'm not a fan of :586: in the early morning. Early mornings are for sleep or coffee. Can't be bothered with anything else :D )
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom