What's new

The Coffee House

why women should marry when they are young. When they get older it is harder to find any takers..

I almost got married young. I was 21 when I got engaged. I came to my senses when I was 23.
 
why women should marry when they are young. When they get older it is harder to find any takers..

I almost got married young. I was 21 when I got engaged. I came to my senses when I was 23.
engaged at 19 , engaged again at 21. Engaged again at 31 and married at 32. Thank heavens I didn't get married in the first two my life would truly suck...


Guess it seemed the thing to do. Propose to them and give them a ring it made them happy, course after the thought sits for a while you wonder wth you just did.
 
I married at 19. That was not a bright move. It was during the Vietnam war, all the guys went off to war and left me behind with the girls. Not very smart of them either.
 
why women should marry when they are young. When they get older it is harder to find any takers..

I almost got married young. I was 21 when I got engaged. I came to my senses when I was 23.
at that age I thought I'll never get married.... wasn't interested in marriage, kids and all

but got married at 27... pretty ok age for that


although I do think marriage is not a "natural" institution. People aren't monogamous by their nature but....... I might be completely wrong!
 
I pretty much agree with you on the "natural part". It's not really that natural...
 
why women should marry when they are young. When they get older it is harder to find any takers..

I almost got married young. I was 21 when I got engaged. I came to my senses when I was 23.
at that age I thought I'll never get married.... wasn't interested in marriage, kids and all

but got married at 27... pretty ok age for that


although I do think marriage is not a "natural" institution. People aren't monogamous by their nature but....... I might be completely wrong!

Tough call. Not being married doesn't seem natural either. I actually despised dating. Living with the same person I find more troublesome than the monogamous part. If you could have separate residences but still near by I would go that route.
 
Tough call. Not being married doesn't seem natural either. I actually despised dating. Living with the same person I find more troublesome than the monogamous part. If you could have separate residences but still near by I would go that route.
Not being married sounds ok

Getting old alone is the part that I wouldn't like.


eta: I've just decided that I'll be adorable even in my 80ies and capable to find a cute bf.
hey... that makes me a cougar!

Oh yeah!
WTSEQBx.gif
 
Last edited:
I married at 19. That was not a bright move. It was during the Vietnam war, all the guys went off to war and left me behind with the girls. Not very smart of them either.

I married at 19. That was not a bright move. It was during the Vietnam war, all the guys went off to war and left me behind with the girls. Not very smart of them either.
still with her? That is one thing I don't really regret. Figure I have been with mine on and off since she was eighteen and just graduated highschool. so I basically know a good portion of her life. Her college graduation, teaching her to drive a standard car. Just her learning to grocery shop and whatever we learned together. And omg the fights we had I remember when she took a hammer to the windshield of my truck. Think I threw her cellphone or something. she kicked me out of the car and made me walk home once. I repoed one of her cars when we broke up once (in my name), lol We were like off the wall! Must have had the police involved ten times (I remember once I was physically throwing her stuff out on to the front lawn) we would sit there on the side of the road fighting with eachother. Lot of key years there and lots of memories. No matter how bad we fought (and boy did we fight) it always went back to we had a kid together though. The tie that binds. Somehow, a week or month later one would give in and call the other one or just show back up. still amazed she never shot me once I taught her how to use a gun.
 
Nope, not natural. And started out essentially as a business agreement. None of this "love forever" stuff.

I clearly haven't made marriage a priority since I broke the engagement 20 years ago. Never been married. I'm not ruling it out, but if Buzz and I get married, I can guarantee it won't be a "traditional" marriage :D We'll probably live together but we might have separate bedrooms. But there's no rush.
 
Nope, not natural. And started out essentially as a business agreement. None of this "love forever" stuff.

I clearly haven't made marriage a priority since I broke the engagement 20 years ago. Never been married. I'm not ruling it out, but if Buzz and I get married, I can guarantee it won't be a "traditional" marriage :D We'll probably live together but we might have separate bedrooms. But there's no rush.
I think that's the way to go. Find what works for both. Also defining what both wants is good too. Wants/dreams are important. Might not be doing then now but nice to have a future.
 
still with her?

No. Tried twice after and have now given up trying. I switched to friends and now have several, one being my last ex. 2nd ex (after a while it's hard to keep them straight :-) ) is friendly but is now in Anchorage, Alaska and remarried. I don't call her anymore out of respect for him otherwise I would. 1st is sworn enemy - not my choice.

My best friend is a Russian woman I worked with 20 years ago. We have been going to movies together for 20 years minus the 5 during my last marriage. For some odd reason my wife didn't want me to go to movies with another woman so I didn't. Then after we separated I went back to movies.

I'm a little careful with who I keep as friends. Was up to 6 for awhile but now down to 3.
 
Did someone add whisky to the coffee?
 
oh you haven't heard anything yet. we have a chattel agreement on top of a prenup and our marriage;.
Did someone add whisky to the coffee?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom