What's new

The Coffee House

I'm trying to figure out which camera to bring with me on a hike.

What are you up to this Saturday?
 
I'm trying to figure out which camera to bring with me on a hike.

What are you up to this Saturday?
wife is going to someones baby shower, making a baby shower cake. I am trying to decide what I will do with the kids to keep them occupied...
I might play around the camera a little but I think I will pretty much be stuck house/kid bound.
 
I say you get the better end of that deal. Baby showers are torturous.
 
I say you get the better end of that deal. Baby showers are torturous.
never been to one, nor do I ever intend to go to one. :boogie: Seems like there is one or two a year. I would imagine they get kind of tiresome after a while. Kind of like those candle parties and stuff. I don't get how people go to them things. Must be purely social.
 
Well, I did not wake up early this morning. In fact, I got out of bed half an hour late. I know 7:30 is late for a lot of you folks, but it's my normal waking time these days, and this morning I got out of bed at 8. I had a long day yesterday, went to bed late - about 12:45, and when I woke up, I had two purring kitties curled up right next to me.

If you all don't already know this, it's nearly impossible to get out of bed when a cat is curled up and purring in the crook of your arm. And TWO cats? Snuggled right next to each other in the crook of your arm? Forget it. You're doomed. So I stayed in bed for an extra half hour :)

And now coffee!

Oh yes, I also woke up to discover two cats snuggled against me.
And to add to the difficulty of resisting all that cuteness, my two cats don't even especially LIKE each other, so for them to be snuggled up like them means...it's TOO cold. Best to just hibernate under the covers a while longer.
 
I'm trying to figure out which camera to bring with me on a hike.

What are you up to this Saturday?

Been to the store already this morning. Mostly for birdseed, cat food and litter. And a heater because my heat in the house is just not keeping up with the cold.

I'm having lunch with some friends then heading to the TN/KY football game. I thought I was all prepared to be warm then I realized that my favorite, toasty-warm LL Bean coat could easily be mistaken for KY Blue! There goes THAT plan! I guess I'm going to wear my camo coat I wear when I go out birding instead. I'll have on plenty of orange, but not sure how much of it will show under all the warm outerwear. Well, I can probably take the coat off for the game, until the sun goes down anyway.

Hoping to see my Vols move one game closer to bowl eligibility. It would be tremendous to see these seniors, who have been through so much adversity and coaching changes, finally get a bowl game experience.
This is the longest I can ever remember us going without getting to a bowl game. Really hoping the drought ends this year!
 
I say you get the better end of that deal. Baby showers are torturous.
never been to one, nor do I ever intend to go to one. :boogie: Seems like there is one or two a year. I would imagine they get kind of tiresome after a while. Kind of like those candle parties and stuff. I don't get how people go to them things. Must be purely social.

If by "after a while" you mean "the instant you stepped foot into your first baby shower" then yes, they get tiresome after a while. I can't stand them. I've thankfully not had to go to a lot of them. I don't know what candle parties are. Sound like they'd be super boring.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Housers. 61F so far. Supposed to get to 70F today. I've been wearing warm up pants lately on our walks (as opposed to shorts).
 
A couple of days ago I thought a turtle took off. I could only find two. A bit of a scare as I've had the turtle for more than a decade. But there are a few places in the pond where a good size turtle can hide ... so I was crossing my fingers.
 
At the trail head waiting for Buzz who for
 
Stupid finger slip.

...who forgot his water bottle in the car. Got the Rollei 35 with me.

Trail head:
1416071260506-1777984584.webp
 
Looks like snow to me.
If anyone here decides to get into the whiskey as a supplement to their coffee this stuff ain't bad. :-)
i-MndtDg7-M.jpg
 
I would rather not corrupt either coffee or bourbon by mixing them :D Knob Creek is nice. It's on of the bourbons in my rotation.

Which reminds me. I need bourbon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom