What's new

The Coffee House

Wow, this was the tree two days ago:

73818-ffa6216a223484032a892d3566aecfc6.jpg


This was the tree yesterday:
2014-11-14 07.41.41.webp

That was about 7:45 am. The snow was gone an hour later but everything else looked the same.

Here's the tree now, one day later, 3:30 pm:
2014-11-15 15.25.55.webp
 
they drop like flies, especially with some snow and wind. This is actually becoming a good time of year to shoot though. If you can stand the cold, exposing for snow and maybe snow shoes.

I like this time of year because all this great foliage we shoot is mostly IN THE WAY. ONce it gets off the branches and you can actually see between the limbs there is a lot more shots to have with less of the stuff IN THE WAY.
Now, if we could get rid of other obstacles, street signs, that kind of thing we would really be getting somewhere.
 
Good afternoon, peeps. Just stopping in to say "hi."
 
they drop like flies, especially with some snow and wind. This is actually becoming a good time of year to shoot though. If you can stand the cold, exposing for snow and maybe snow shoes.

I like this time of year because all this great foliage we shoot is mostly IN THE WAY. ONce it gets off the branches and you can actually see between the limbs there is a lot more shots to have with less of the stuff IN THE WAY.
Now, if we could get rid of other obstacles, street signs, that kind of thing we would really be getting somewhere.

I can not only stand the cold, but I enjoy the cold. I shot roll of 24 while hiking today.

I dunno, I kind of like things in the way:

Mural
by limrodrigues, on Flickr
 
Good afternoon, peeps. Just stopping in to say "hi."

Hey Charlie!

I'm hanging out for a while for the first half of my semi-stand development. During the semi part, I need to keep track of the time for agitation, but then for the stand part, I'll be on my exercise bike.
 
Yes, the colors don't last long. I think even shorter in the cold climates. I drove up to a small town called Julian today to see some colors. 4,000 ft elev.
i-3dRqZjJ-S.jpg
i-gHGtRFp-S.jpg

i-ZbdfTn6-S.jpg
 
Good afternoon, peeps. Just stopping in to say "hi."

Hey Charlie!

I'm hanging out for a while for the first half of my semi-stand development. During the semi part, I need to keep track of the time for agitation, but then for the stand part, I'll be on my exercise bike.

Keep on ridin', hon.
I'll be in and out of consciousness for the next couple of days -- I'm on muscle relaxerssssssssssssssss and they


make me



sleeeeeepyyyyyyyyy.
 
Keep on ridin', hon.
I'll be in and out of consciousness for the next couple of days -- I'm on muscle relaxerssssssssssssssss and they


make me



sleeeeeepyyyyyyyyy.

I hear those muscle relaxers are goooooooood :)

In January, I'm finally getting my wisdom teeth and I'm hoping they give me the good painkillers for the next couple of days.
 
I took one of them muscle relaxers before I left for the game today. My back is really bothering me and I was afraid it would seize up on me after sitting in the cold stadium for 3 hours and then having to walk a mile or so back to the car (I wasn't driving, some friends picked me up!).

It definitely helped. But now it's starting to wear off and I'm starting to feel the effects of sitting on that hard, cold stadium seat for so long. Hoping I can still move tomorrow morning.

Might take another one before bed. Or I might substitute some Fireball Whisky instead. Decisions, decisions.
 
Also...WOOT!!! Tennessee ROLLED over Kentucky! Which shouldn't even be anything to "crow" about, but I'm just so excited that we finally not only WON an SEC game, but really took control of it!
That was fun to watch! But I won't lie--I'm pretty glad to be home, warmed up and into my jammies. I think it's time to go crawl under the covers, snuggle with the kitties and watch some more football.
 
Mary Lou crock-potted a slab of pork, heavily seasoned. It was wonderful. Presently, watching a NetFlick, a Tommy Lee Jones movie, sipping a fine wine and eating popcorn. Life is good.
 
Snowed in the early A.M. here. Just some crappy snapshots through dirty windows and screens, but you will get the idea.

DSC_0007_zps7da45057.jpg


DSC_0003_zps43a3972e.jpg


DSC_0002_zps76da68f0.jpg
 
just stopped by to say

good-afternoon-0.gif



and yeah... this is a selfie I've snapped just now.... except.... I'm in my leggings and hoodie, don't drink alcohol and I would never wore white socks ;)
 
Good morning to you, Marija! :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom