What's new

The Coffee House

well if they want to be that way I will put down the camera and get the bb gun or the 12 gauge.

Yeah, they'll be gone by the time you get back with the gun :D
 
I drove up to a small town called Julian today to see some colors. 4,000 ft elev.

Oh, yeah! Who was it that wanted to drive south? I can't remember who, but I was thinking of Julian when he wrote that. We drove through Julian on our way to Anza-Borrego State Park. Do this anytime from November to April for the best color and weather.
 
Jammin' delay.

My lovely wife got an ERO ticket, Friday night for a burned out headlight. We discovered it on the way home and picked up a new bulb, but it was too dark to see so I planned on changing it yesterday. She had to take LL to a thing later that night and got stopped by MSP.

So wait, she got a ticket after you got the bulb?

It hadn't been installed yet. It's no big deal - no fine, no points, just a repair order. All we have to do now is get a trooper or police officer to verify it works. They sign off on the ticket & we mail it in. If we wait beyond 30 days, they suspend the tags until it's done.
sounds like communism. They pull me over they are usually ecstatic that I was nice enough to stop.
 
I drove up to a small town called Julian today to see some colors. 4,000 ft elev.

Oh, yeah! Who was it that wanted to drive south? I can't remember who, but I was thinking of Julian when he wrote that. We drove through Julian on our way to Anza-Borrego State Park. Do this anytime from November to April for the best color and weather.
You got it. I like going this way whenever I go East and have learned several ways through the desert. More scenic than the freeway.
 
This week's crock pot meal: winter squash soup. Squashes used: butternut, acorn, and delicata. Also sweet potato, great northern beans, and quinoa. Spiced with, among other things, turmeric, paprika, sage, pumpkin seed oil, and smoked salt. When it's all cooked, I'll blender it up to be nice and smooth. Going to try it with some aged shaved goat cheese, or maybe a bit of orange or lemon zest, and of course one night I'll have to use a drizzle of white truffle oil.
 
You know....White truffle oil will get you chopped every time....Just sayin'
 
You know....White truffle oil will get you chopped every time....Just sayin'

Will it? I've only seen that show once or twice. I don't care, I love me some truffle oil!
 
Holy shnikes! I'm scanning the film I shot on Hallowe'en night. The first roll came out like crap and I decided that I should never ever go night shooting again. This second roll is so much better, though! Like, seriously better. Does HP5 push better than Tri-X, or did I just suck through the whole first roll before I remembered how to take a picture?
 
I pushed Tri-X probably every other day for more than a decade. What are you developing it in?

Caffenol. Did a semi-stand for 75 minutes.

I think part of it was that we started out in the park and that probably was just way too dark to be taking shots. And sometimes the light meter in the K1000 shuts down so there were probably a few that I took thinking the exposure was right when really it was stuck in the middle. I was also testing to see how very low light shots would come out.

I mean, there are some things that might be interesting with the right cropping or processing, so there's definitely material to work with. It was just startling how many more pictures came out better in the second roll, and it's hard to figure out how much of it was conditions, my choice of shots, or the film.
 
I don't want to talk over my first coffee!!!
Could you not talk anymore!

GOOD MORNING CRAZIES!!!

the woman that sits in the office with me just won't stop. Make her stop talking!


: )))
 
Wow, Marija, you must have scared everyone! I don't know about the woman in your office, but everyone here stopped posting for the next 7 hours!! :laughing:
See... I can be pretty scary when I want!!!

That's a warning!


oh LOL!!!
 
So, how's your afternoon?

I'm starting my second cup of coffee, which automatically makes everything just a teeny bit better than it was before.
just finished my second coffee :)

Preparing myself for a business trip I'm going tomorrow.

I have a training related to some project management (and it's paid by your country ;)) I won't be around for a few days because I won't bring my laptop. I want to get rest from TPF :)
ok... well... I might say a thing or two on while on the phone.... maybe...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom