The Coffee House

Peg
I love the fog pic, it brings to mind an old film where the village emerges from the mist in the film Brigadoon
At amberly the village sometimes looks like your image, I have tried a number of times to get the pic but so far I have got it wrong and there has not been a mist or it’s burnt off early
You have some brill images there

Well.....under contract to buy a house. 3 bedroom built in 1899. It's been renovated and has newer central AC/furnace and the hot water heater is only 4 months old. 2 car garage with tons of extra parking out back and the garage faces the parking pad not the back alley. Nice little old neighbor hood in University City (MO) and only 20 minute drive to work. If you know St. Louis county its just 3 blocks from the famous "Delmar Loop".

Well.....under contract to buy a house. 3 bedroom built in 1899. It's been renovated and has newer central AC/furnace and the hot water heater is only 4 months old. 2 car garage with tons of extra parking out back and the garage faces the parking pad not the back alley. Nice little old neighbor hood in University City (MO) and only 20 minute drive to work. If you know St. Louis county its just 3 blocks from the famous "Delmar Loop".
OMG, that is so exciting! Congrats, Scotty! Old houses need lots of TLC but it sounds like the heavy lifting has already been done. The area sounds awesome. Great news - get us pics when you can!

OMG, that is so exciting! Congrats, Scotty! Old houses need lots of TLC but it sounds like the heavy lifting has already been done. The area sounds awesome. Great news - get us pics when you can!

Thanks Terri! The house needs a few things but she's in really great shape. One thing I do have to do is run electric to the garage but me and friend can do that as he rehabs houses.

Congrats!! So exciting! Fingers crossed for you that everything between now and the key in your hand all goes smoothly.

Congrats!! So exciting! Fingers crossed for you that everything between now and the key in your hand all goes smoothly.
Thanks Leonore, I'm in the paper work stage (mostly online) and a inspection coming up which I added termite and sewer cam to the list.

I hope it goes well for you. We went up to Maine to look at a couple (for retirement) but decided against them. Keeping an eye on another and may go back up in another week or two if it’s still available.

Beautiful sunny day here and it was Vaders anniversary today, been 5 years. Miss you little man!

Camping tonight with the 2 bunnys and kayak and camera adventure tomorrow...

IMG_20240526_170857.jpg

Sugar and spice and everything nice, with a heaping side of has no fear. She loves spiders, snakes, and creepy crawlers....not your typical girlie girl. Took her to a Reptile Show Saturday, she was in heaven, touching, holding everything from snakes, to lizards (big & small), spiders and creepy crawling bugs. Papa on the other hand kept his distance
20240525_112306.jpg

Today in the yard she was catching Anoles that populate our deck. She came up with one in each hand. I no sooner told her, they bite, than one latched on to her finger. Instead of squawking like a girl she calmly carried it ( hanging from her finger) to the edge and dropped it. The other she carried around like a pet. We called her the lizard whisperer.
20240526_133132_resized.jpg

Well, she's just awesome, isn't she? :) You can tell by her expressions here that she has no fear of these critters, just a healthy interest and even respect. It's great to see. She's growing up with an awareness of the natural world around her. Good kid. 👍

Well, she's just awesome, isn't she? :) You can tell by her expressions here that she has no fear of these critters, just a healthy interest and even respect. It's great to see. She's growing up with an awareness of the natural world around her. Good kid. 👍
Might be a little bit prejudiced but I think so.

Hiya Folks! For those celebrating Memorial Day, take a moment to think of those in uniform who gave their lives so that we could have "freedom, liberty, and justice for all!" Folks need to review the definitions of those three words, because sure seems like some folks are forgetting what those mean. Have a nice and reflective day and enjoy a hamburger or a hotdog and a cold one in their memory.

I’m back Hosers! Oregon coast was amazing and lived up to my expectations. California redwoods were a surprise. I wasn’t expecting to be so smitten! Thousands of photos to edit. So many that it’s a bit overwhelming. I may do a quick 1-2 from each location and then pretend I’m going to go back and edit the rest “someday”.

Long day yesterday driving around Mt Hood stopping at all the hot spots. Red eye flight home was rough and I’m exhausted today. Going to take it easy and go to the garden center to refresh my energy!

I wanted to get outside and go for a walk. Sky looked dark so I checked the radar and was a bit skeptical if I was going to get poured on or not. I didn't waste any time though, I went! I got half way through and it started raining but not bad so I keep pushing forward and I was about 3/4 done and it poured. I was soaked but I kept walking with a smile on my face. It felt good to be honest, I didn't care at all. The smell of the rain was wonderful, something about the whole experienced felt natural.

PXL_20240528_170112798.jpg

It was getting dark on the horizon as you can see.

PXL_20240528_173857643.jpg

In this one, you can see the rain in the distance haha. It was coming!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back