The Creature of the Black Lagoon

#2 & #3 for me. B+W just works. #1 is too flat. In #3 I feel like I'm pointing a flashlight at the guy and he's coming for me. :)

The B&W shots totally bring back the movie to me. Nice job.

Heh, I must have been about 11 or 12 when I saw that movie, it scared the crap out of me back then!

#2 & #3 for me. B+W just works. #1 is too flat. In #3 I feel like I'm pointing a flashlight at the guy and he's coming for me. :)
+

Fog machine was killiing some light on #1! Thanks.. glad you like them! I have been thinking about this one for a while.

The B&W shots totally bring back the movie to me. Nice job.

Heh, I must have been about 11 or 12 when I saw that movie, it scared the crap out of me back then!

Always loved the old Universal Monster series... Thanks!

I built a papier mache cave for this one, and raided Hobby Lobby for some fake plants and moss....

#1 setup was a glass patio table, cave, moss, and gelled lights underneath for lighting....

$_DSC0963-web.jpg

Setup #2 was table, fake plants, a glass bowl of water for the creature to stand in, and a focusing flashlight to give that spotlight effect

$_DSC1123-web.jpg

Love the black and whites and the last one you posted! These are fun!

Thanks for posting your setup, I've been thinking around "sets" since Wire Dude showed up. Right now I'm using jacks and a glass cutting board but zomg I have a glass patio table!

Love the black and whites and the last one you posted! These are fun!

Thanks for posting your setup, I've been thinking around "sets" since Wire Dude showed up. Right now I'm using jacks and a glass cutting board but zomg I have a glass patio table!

It is kind of fun, setting this stuff up. I like Wire Dude! :)

That's some fun stuff, Charlie!! You guys are making me want to play around w/ setting something like this up. Hell, I work w/ kids...lol I have all kinds of toys to work w/.

Go for it, Mishele! Maybe a dungeon scene, with whips and leather? :p

#3 would probably really be convincing if you could figure out how to keep the sharpness around the head, but apply some gradual blurring as you go downward, because the shine on his abdomen kinda reveals its a small thing blown up. If that was less clear, it would be more convincing.

#3 would probably really be convincing if you could figure out how to keep the sharpness around the head, but apply some gradual blurring as you go downward, because the shine on his abdomen kinda reveals its a small thing blown up. If that was less clear, it would be more convincing.

I may mess with that... good idea! Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back