The Everglades Glow

Snakeguy101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo about a month ago but never really got around to editing it. I played around with this one a little more than usual but the colors are as close to true as I could get them. It is an HDR but I really tried to minimize that effect- I just wanted to bring in some of the shadows. Let me know what you guys think!

735026_4125508982282_1382823464_n.jpg

I'm guessing it was much sharper before FB? Personally I love the colors and the scene.

Looks good. Curious what park of the park it was taken in?

Is it me or is the horizon tilted a little to the right?

Thanks- The photo does look a little crooked now that you mention it. I will fix that when I get home. The image was taken on an overlook just of the western part of the Tamiami Trail.

It was kind of comical because there was a very rude photographer that showed up a while after I had been there simply enjoying the scene and he set up 2 tripods with different full frame cameras and had his assistant swapping lenses etc... He looked at me with my beat up old D80 with an off brand lens and using the rail as a tripod and scoffed. I have been wondering what his images turned out like since that encounter.

Clearly he's much too professional to be here, in the slums of TPF!

Cool shot! I'm not a fan of 50/50 compositions, usually. I think the scene is pretty enough to carry itself here, even with the horizontal split composition. I wouldn't mind seeing more foreground in the image, and more light/detail in the foreground.

Cool shot! I'm not a fan of 50/50 compositions, usually. I think the scene is pretty enough to carry itself here, even with the horizontal split composition. I wouldn't mind seeing more foreground in the image, and more light/detail in the foreground.

I agree with you but I was not able to get that kind of dynamic range without getting a bad halo. I really wish that I had a graduated density filter but hindsight is always 20/20. I went with the even split because I thought the symmetry of the clouds and their reflection would add to the image.

Most reactions

Back