The first snow melted soon!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The sun did all it could to help in the process!

novcolours13.jpg

novcolours15.jpg

novcolours21.jpg

novcolours18.jpg

novcolours20.jpg

novcolours16.jpg

And before anyone asks again: no filter. No Photoshop. A tiny aperture is all that does the trick. F29, fyi.

Beautiful! Love that star effect. My faves are also 2 and 4 (I like how the 'leaves' are backlit).

Matt... shhh... [whisper] read the little sentence I put underneath the photos ...[/whisper]

Wow... stunning and very VERY cool effect. I've never seen such beautiful stars. I do those in my night-time shots... haven't seen it in daylight before.

Thanks for sharing! Very very pretty.

Thanks all, Mersad, Anty, Matt and Manaheim.
Whenever we get this effect, i.e. droplets on the plants and the sun out lighting them all up and making them sparkle, I have to go out and try this again, I don't know why. I am so fascinated by those sparkling droplets!

Ah, and one thing I forgot to mention is that my lens was set to "macro" mode (that mode the Sigma lenses can take up when extended to between 200 and 300mm), which accounts for the background blurriness, even at f29).

I like them, but looks like the ISO was a touch high. Really great composure though!

You're right, in "macro" at f29, not even bright sunlight seems to be enough at lower ISO for handheld photography (and these cannot be taken with the camera on tripod, not that I would know how), so in order to work with the very far extended lens at such a small aperture, you need to get short enough exposure times. I should have run these through NeatImage, but I didn't feel it too necessary to do so. But you are right, at ISO 800, my camera does begin to show noise!

Holy schmokes Corinna. Impressive stuff. Im diggin that little twinkle you got in the drops. Nicely done.:thumbup::thumbup:

*ALL* are nice and sharp, but #2 speaks the loudest to me. I especially love the star effect of the light through the drops.

Last edited:
These are absolutely beautiful. I'm very impressed that you could do this in such a way. Thank you for posting them.

Most reactions

Back