The general forum....

Petrol over here at the moment is scraping under $1.30 a litre - 98RON is nearing $1.50 per litre, it makes me cry everytime i'm filling up and slip a glance at the bowser.

30% of the cost of our petrol is Government Taxes (paying for MP's Superanuation funds and retirement pay-outs), Not happy Jan.

JonMikal said:
ok. so what's you thoughts on the price of gas?

It finally reaches 99.9 here. I laugh because I wodner what they'll do when it goes to one dollar. Everyone needs to get enw signs because there's not enough room for another digit unless they bolt or tape one up....

photong said:
It finally reaches 99.9 here. I laugh because I wodner what they'll do when it goes to one dollar. Everyone needs to get enw signs because there's not enough room for another digit unless they bolt or tape one up....

so how much are big macs?

JonMikal said:
yes Matt i agree.

now, how about Bagdad...seems their population decreases by the minute.......thoughts?
Sounds like they need themselves some BaggyMum's to sort that out then.

And a not very interesting thing to say even though it's slightly on topic. I learnt in school that a cow produces enough methane to keep your cooking going on it's own. So if you find gas too expensive then just buy yourself a cow and stick a pipe up its arse.

Oh, wait, you meant petrol didn't you? Yeah, that's a bit pricey that. ;)

I say we should all follow in Fiona Leggate's footsteps. If she can hold her own in a bio ethanol powered car in the british touring car championship it can't be that bad!

http://www.britishsugar.co.uk/RVEceb5cb34f24f4817839ff894c36ddf9c%2C%2C.aspx

there's a bit more info on it. Hell i'd use it, and anything that would give british farmers a bit more cash would suit me as well, lets all start growing sugar beet.

From reading this thread over... it seems that Petrol is MUCH more expensive then Gasoline. :wink:
I would highly suggest switching to gas if you still use petrol.

;) :lmao:

EDIT: sorry for my lame humor... :)

MDowdey said:
ill tell you my thoughts on gas.

if everyone of these hip, gangster, gun toting wannabe's with the hummers, and suburbans would just go away and stop guzzling all this gas...we wouldnt have nearly the problem.

gas was around 3 dollars a gallon in the 80's during the iran crisis as well, so i guess the overseas problems have alot to do with it.

You've got to be joking, you really think they contribute much at all? Its the suburban people who buy 4x4s and never go in the mud or buy SUVs for no real reason except they're a status symbol and are omfortable.

Karalee said:
The soloution is buy a truck that runs on diesel :p, we filled up the 3/4 ton truck this weekend and it only cost $40.00.

Just kidding :lol: Im talking out my behind. Id rather just get one of those TDI bugs that get 50 mpg.

Now that our government have got people to convert to diesel with lower fuel prices they've increased the prices and now it's more expensive than petrol!

The same is going to happen to the new gas cars too!

Daniel said:
You've got to be joking, you really think they contribute much at all? Its the suburban people who buy 4x4s and never go in the mud or buy SUVs for no real reason except they're a status symbol and are omfortable.

No, I think you might be hi, because we are talking about the same poeple. the only difference is I used a vague tool lyric reference in my post because my guidance counselor in school told me I was witty.

so calm yourself.

So Matt, are we evil gas guzzlers or exempt because we live on the side of the mountain and have to haul two adults, soon to be three children, photography gear and two dogs (Mastiff and Boxer mixes)? I just want to make sure if I should be feeling guilty :mrgreen:

no no no. everytime i bring this conversation up, one of my friends gets offended.

heres the deal, if you need the space or the functionality of an SUV, then go for it. its the same with photogoddess and her big ass truck.

sorry alison, i was talking about the starbucks drinking, polo wearing, assmites who have the new h2's and dont have any damn reason for it.

MDowdey said:
no no no. everytime i bring this conversation up, one of my friends gets offended.

heres the deal, if you need the space or the functionality of an SUV, then go for it. its the same with photogoddess and her big ass truck.

sorry alison, i was talking about the starbucks drinking, polo wearing, assmites who have the new h2's and dont have any damn reason for it.

I know exactly what you are saying...my boyfriend has been giving one of his buddies a lot of crap because after some drunk totaled his car, he had to get a new one..he chose a big ol Trailblazer, I think.... He only has himself to haul around, and he lives at home with his parents, and works in an office cubicle. He does not need it.

agreed.

sport utility vehicles are meant to haul one of three things:

1)kids
2)lots of stuff
3)dead kittens

md

Most reactions

Back